BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dunn Named As Under 21's Assistant Manager

Surely Vinjay is allowed to express his opinion, so long as it's within the bounds of the forum guidelines?

It's unfair to attempt to silence him because he doesn't kowtow to populist demagoguery.

There is a balance though surely, everyone is entitled to an opinion and I for one am always willing to listen to others as it may form my own opinions in time however having an opinion repeatedly pushed and brought into every topic is OTT, in my opinion of course ^_^

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent news. Really pleased that Dunny is back at the club. As he has all the neccessary coaching qualifications it can only be another good appointment. With Damien Johnson it shows the youngsters that with work they can make it in the game with their local club.

Johnno's done a great job. I hope this appointment meets with his approval.

Pleased that he's back in football with a chance of making a career for himself. Sure he doesn't need to work so he must be keen to get into it. You never know who will make a good manager or what route they will take but this is as good a start as any. There's always the chance at Rovers you might be randomly appointed as manager and given a huge contract as well.

Not sure what Dunn was supposed to have said when K**n was here. he was a player and an employee after all. I'm sure we have all been in positions when we have disagreed with our boss and haven't gone out and slagged them off in the press.

• Backroom

Have to say I wasn't sad to see it not work at Oldham but now I'm delighted to have him at the club again.

You need people at all levels that have an affinity for the club.

We need qualified, driven, professional people at all levels.

And that's what we have got with Dunny. He has all the necessary qualifications, wants to be as successful in the field of coaching and management as he was on the field and seemed ultra professional in the interview he gave on the website. That fact that he is Rovers through and through is an added bonus.

And that's what we have got with Dunny. He has all the necessary qualifications, wants to be as successful in the field of coaching and management as he was on the field and seemed ultra professional in the interview he gave on the website. That fact that he is Rovers through and through is an added bonus.

Ferguson even went round the local bars in Aberdeen looking out for his players on the pop. What will David do?

He has all the necessary qualifications, wants to be as successful in the field of coaching and management as he was on the field and seemed ultra professional in the interview he gave on the website.

Those coaching qualifications probably aren't worth the paper they are written on.

If he's ultra professional then he can stop calling himself "Dunny" on sites like twitter for a start. He's a 36 year old man act like it. If he wants to be successful then he should dig deeper and look at his numerous Oldham mistakes. Not come swanning back to Brockhall blagging a job ahead of other worthier candidates. So unless we get a script of the evidently "arduous and intensive" interview process anytime soon it HAS to be questioned. I noticed you were upset a couple of years ago when Millwall wasn't treated as a bigger game than Burnley. Its people like Dunn at fault for that. Even his tears after that game were probably all about boosting his image ahead of his precious fixture. Even those who care about Burnley far more than me should realise there is far more to this club than Dunn droning on about scoring against Burnley 8000 times. The West Ham game is a little different because I believe their players were on top form and would have won regardless of the team Rovers put out. If Rovers win next weekend I wouldn't be surprised if people claim Dunn's mere presence at Brockhall was the inspirational factor. :rolleyes: I bet he loved it when people said his substitution was the reason Burnley came from behind and won in 2014.

In his "open letter" to the fans (who does he think he is? Hardly like people were crying on the streets when he left) he was even egotistical enough to say he might be back as manager! None of this is baseless whatsoever I knew without any doubt he would fail at Oldham. If he leaves this role (a prominent member on here expects the role won't be big enough for his lofty standards) he will probably fail again if someone like Darwen wants him.

I couldn't care less where he's from. As Amarillo said no kowtowing to populist demagoguery. Some things just have to be said so I'm saying them. Not with an angry rant like in the past but with a calm clear head and objectivity. I've tried to tone myself down (and it helps when you feel better than you have in many years) and I'm sorry if this essential post pulls no punches. Dunn isn't a legend and someone said to me would I say it to his face? Like Dunn does when he's been heard badmouthing Rovers fans on trains, etc talking about how he will be cheered no matter what however often he's injured? Jack Walker, Ronnie Clayton, etc are legends and Dunn does not even come close. People like Jason Wilcox come far closer and look at the abuse he received in comparison. MGP scored 2 goals at Old Trafford does that make him a legend in my eyes due to my feelings towards United? No but he was a good, long serving player who didn't strut around like he owned the place while here. So Dunn is more at MGP's level and would have been for most too if he wasn't local. A lot of people are far better role models than him whether they are local or not. He sat with the away fans at Charlton and didn't he make sure everyone knew it beforehand?

Yes people might call me a hypocrite for obvious reasons. Unfortunately they refuse to look deeper beyond predictable digs which I've tried exceptionally hard to ignore. Yes I've lost my temper a couple of times recently (one vicious personal attack on a couple of posters few days back was removed for instance) but nobody is perfect. Constant digs and abuse do take their toll (especially to the extent I suffered while also fighting severe depression issues. That's a fact not a shameless play for sympathy and I've been in a much better state of mind recently anyway hence my return) look at all the ex posters who won't post anymore due to all the arguing. Dunn plays up his local boy image at every opportunity. Quite clever really which shows maybe he isn't quite so dumb after all. Yes I've been no saint in the past but neither has Dunn. Handing in a transfer request simply because Souness tried to prevent him wasting his full potential and get him out of the pub. Gascoigne was one of Dunn's heroes. While Dunn's potential wasn't that high he wasted it just like his hero did.

Yes I'm far too self defensive and obsessive about things but that genuinely can't be helped. I haven't enjoyed writing this or the amount of edits I've made to it over the past 40 minutes. Made an extremely long post a couple of nights ago then removed most of it to avoid argument so I am trying. Something I have to live with and people here will have to tolerate it albeit to a lesser extent than in the past. People say Dunn's detractors are just jealous of him. If I was jealous of anyone there would be a lot of people higher on the list than Dunn! Are these reasonable questions going to be addressed unlike the Williams/Finn ones I posted in the Venkys criticism thread? Nobody is beyond questioning for goodness sake fans even questioned Jack at times.

Liked it when he stood up for Keith Andrews though so I'll end it on a slightly positive note.

I don't understand the level of your bitterness towards Dunn Vinjay.

However I would pose the question: Had he not previously played for the Club would he still be getting the job ahead of any other potential candidates because he is the best man for the job?

If the answer is yes then there's no problem. If he's been appointed primarily because of his illustrious playing career and longstanding attachment to the Club then that's probably not the right way to go.

However I would pose the question: Had he not previously played for the Club would he still be getting the job ahead of any other potential candidates because he is the best man for the job?

If the answer is yes then there's no problem. If he's been appointed primarily because of his illustrious playing career and longstanding attachment to the Club then that's probably not the right way to go.

Its more irritation than deep bitterness I reserve that for a few others. Highly respect your opinion though at least you questioned certain people more than others did in the past.

Said enough for now on this subject.

I think the answer to your question is 'no', furthermore there probably wouldn't' even be a job available to any other potential candidate.

I don't feel as strongly as Vinjay about the appointment but agree with his argument.

If Dunn had an "affinity" with the club, wouldn't he have understood the fan's frustrations with Kean instead of telling them to get real?

That is true ...mentioned it before that he panned me 3 years ago on lancs for saying we had no chance of going up that season . Said the club didn't need fans like me .

Who was right me or someone who slated fans ?

Quite why a Manchester City supporter is trying to tell Rovers fans anything about Dunny is beyond me. I would have thought you would have been more concerned with your own club. His coaching qualifications are the same as every other manager and coach has to obtain before they can be employed at various levels within the structure set up under the present system - so hardly worthless. You many not care for it but Dunny is and remains a Rovers legend - just like I'm sure you regard certain players at City as legends.

Quite why a Manchester City supporter is trying to tell Rovers fans anything about Dunny is beyond me. I would have thought you would have been more concerned with your own club. His coaching qualifications are the same as every other manager and coach has to obtain before they can be employed at various levels within the structure set up under the present system - so hardly worthless. You many not care for it but Dunny is and remains a Rovers legend - just like I'm sure you regard certain players at City as legends.

No that's your opinion just like your heavily disputed views on babysitter Bowyer. You're not talking records and figures here...and please don't use your patronisingly superior tone on me. Brian Clough didn't need a bit of paper to tell him how to manage.

Even people who are big fans of Dunn don't consider him suitable for the position. Yes some of my comments are more personal but that shouldn't detract from the legitimate argument that he is unfit for the position.

Rather have professionals at the club not people who throw out terms like "inbreds" on twitter. Especially not someone who's supposed to be a role model for youth now.

No that's your opinion just like your heavily disputed views on babysitter Bowyer. You're not talking records and figures here...and please don't use your patronisingly superior tone on me.

Even people who are big fans of Dunn don't consider him suitable for the position. Yes some of my comments are more personal but that shouldn't detract from the legitimate argument that he is unfit for the position.

Rather have professionals at the club not people who throw out terms like "inbreds" on twitter.

All this aside Vinjay. Is it Rovers or City for you? No agenda just curious where you stand.

Archived