BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Huddersfield Town - 16Th April 2016 At 3Pm

Why should I be happy after Saturday's performance? Don't think Lambert was either!

You are totally ignoring context because it suits you. As Lambert has said players contracts running down, players on loan, they want to know whether they are part of next season's plans or not. There is nobody to tell them and time is running out. Not surprising that the season is peetering out in disillusionment.

But lets not be publicly critical of the owners. They might react and sell our best players, sack our manager, rack up tens of millions in debt, destroy our club.Oh wait....

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you were happy after Saturdays abject performance - then good I am pleased for you.

Never said he should keep quiet - just that there is a time and place - and doing it via the press mid-season IMO isn't the way.

BTW - doing this via the press - who do you think benefits ?

Any chance that the owners will change their minds - not on previous history, on the other hand does it help cover up an abject performance ?

Bottom line - going to the press isn't going to change the owners minds - but it does make some fans think that he is on our side as the team continues to falter in what has been (barring the odd good display) a disappointing time since he took over.

Where does he go then DMTP?

Ewood club and tell the man at the end of the bar?

I find your comments absolutely baffling, we have nobody in Blackburn to deal with wages, contracts, transfers, budgets etc etc, the press is Lamberts only outlet, if he had a chairman to talk to this wouldn't be in the press.

Paul Lambert is calling these fools out, they need someone to tell them just how it is and if he doesn't get the right answers I firmly believe he'll walk and rightly so.

When/if he walks we'll have the same sections of our support/posters telling us:

"Well what can we do, Venkys are our only option"

If he walks over broken promises I'm done until they feck off :angry2:

In the Saturday edition of the "i" newspaper, they have one post from all Premier League & Championship clubs' Message Boards.

I hope our's next Saturday is from this thread so the rest of the English football world will realise that our situation is still as bad as many of us predicted when the Trust sold the club to Venky's.

Where does he go then DMTP?

Ewood club and tell the man at the end of the bar?

I find your comments absolutely baffling, we have nobody in Blackburn to deal with wages, contracts, transfers, budgets etc etc, the press is Lamberts only outlet, if he had a chairman to talk to this wouldn't be in the press.

Paul Lambert is calling these fools out, they need someone to tell them just how it is and if he doesn't get the right answers I firmly believe he'll walk and rightly so.

When/if he walks we'll have the same sections of our support/posters telling us:

"Well what can we do, Venkys are our only option"

If he walks over broken promises I'm done until they feck off :angry2:

I find this amazing - at no point did I say the current situation was in any way right. All the way through I have been clear that ultimately the owners are responsible for the current situation - both with lack of board members and lack of clarity about future direction. The current predicament is indefensible - especially for a multi-million pound company.

BTW - the press isn't his only outlet - I thought that he had been in contact with Venky's representative and passed on his wish list (according to the Telegraph anyway) - has this guy now turned off his phone ?

The main part of my comment is that I find that when results go against us, PL has a habit of hiding behind other things - initially it was GB, then not having his own players available, then Rhodes angling for a move, now the owners. When we have been winning matches they rarely got mentioned - but seem to be brought out following poor results or performances. I have mentioned this before - it is just now that the owners are his latest go to excuse following poor results. Is he right in what he is saying - of course he is - but IMO he shouldn't be using the press at this moment in time.

When should he be expressing his frustrations then? When its too late? When he's resigned or sacked?

The whole point of his comments is that we need to get moving NOW.

Not only do we not have a plan even for the summer, we don't have the admin personal to deliver it we had one.

Venky's inertia/confusion/stupidity once again.

As for your criticisms of Lambert generally, you didn't want him, you thought we should retain Bowyer and there we have it.

I find this amazing - at no point did I say the current situation was in any way right. All the way through I have been clear that ultimately the owners are responsible for the current situation - both with lack of board members and lack of clarity about future direction. The current predicament is indefensible - especially for a multi-million pound company.

BTW - the press isn't his only outlet - I thought that he had been in contact with Venky's representative and passed on his wish list (according to the Telegraph anyway) - has this guy now turned off his phone ?

The main part of my comment is that I find that when results go against us, PL has a habit of hiding behind other things - initially it was GB, then not having his own players available, then Rhodes angling for a move, now the owners. When we have been winning matches they rarely got mentioned - but seem to be brought out following poor results or performances. I have mentioned this before - it is just now that the owners are his latest go to excuse following poor results. Is he right in what he is saying - of course he is - but IMO he shouldn't be using the press at this moment in time.

Good post. Like yourself, I believe Venky's are the cause of this shambles, but I do confess I have also grown uncomfortable with Lambert's tendency to externalise.

Anyway, my own feeling is that Lambert has already decided to walk and his externalising comments have moved up a notch in terms of distancing himself from the whole shenanigans....

Nobody is talking to the manager or the players about whats happening in the summer or next season, do you not think thats a real threat to our survival in the championship next season? That also implies that yes that Venky stooge in Bburn has turned off his phone or the idiots in Pune are ignoring him now!

We want a steady ship for a promotion push (laughable I know) we should have contracts tied up and a way forward already taking shape, so he's in the press trying to force that situation, its about 5yrs overdue DMTP, and you think he shouldn't be using the press at this moment in time?!

Nobody is talking to the manager or the players about whats happening in the summer or next season, do you not think thats a real threat to our survival in the championship next season? That also implies that yes that Venky stooge in Bburn has turned off his phone or the idiots in Pune are ignoring him now!

We want a steady ship for a promotion push (laughable I know) we should have contracts tied up and a way forward already taking shape, so he's in the press trying to force that situation, its about 5yrs overdue DMTP, and you think he shouldn't be using the press at this moment in time?!

I bet he has tried every angle and as a last resort turned to the press. I can understand people not wanting this aired out in the press and I'm certain Lambert did not want this in the press however he surly must have tried every other way before going to the press, even the guy behind the bar.

Will they listen? Well on form not a chance in hell.

I think you need to look back at my previous posts - you are a long way off the mark.

I have looked back at one post of yours from the time and you are absolutely right and I apologise.

You do say that you believe Bowyer should go "albeit reluctantly".

I, on the other hand,was ecstatic!

So I do think that reluctance still shows!

I have looked back at one post of yours from the time and you are absolutely right and I apologise.

You do say that you believe Bowyer should go "albeit reluctantly".

I, on the other hand,was ecstatic!

So I do think that reluctance still shows!

Apology accepted.

My reluctance was more to do with the fact that I felt (rightly or wrongly) that Bowyer had Rover's best interests at heart - and for that reason I was desperate for him to be a success. I think Lambert's inability to get a lot more out of the squad he inherited shows that Bowyer did better than he was given credit for (though in reality he failed miserably the season we had Gestede and Rhodes scoring for fun). My hope with Lambert is that he is eventually (hopefully not too late) given backing by the owners - and that this season proves to be one similar to Souness had when he took over (assessing squad etc etc) and that next season will see a consistent improvement (rather than the odd glimpses we have had so far).

Archived