BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Huddersfield Town - 16Th April 2016 At 3Pm

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very poor run of games. 4 goals in 7 is a poor return, despite den assuring me that goals aren't a problem. They certainly were today.

It was really desperate stuff today. Made worse by having to go down to 9 men for the full second half. (Probably 10 really, to be fair Lowe was fairly steady, but Brown offers absolutely nothing I'm afraid).

I'm not banging the Lambert Out drum by any stretch but I am disappointed that he hasn't been able to lift us from the mediocrity that Bowyer dragged us into. Worse still he appears to be using the same players in the same positions that Bowyer did - even ifs one of the surnames have changed (although swapping Marshall and Lowe about was literally Bowyer's trick). I expect it is much harder than he thought. He has sold our Crown Jewels to be able to rebuild and now looks like he is going to have to beg to be able to do that.

We aren't going to get much change this season, and we have to hope that we don't have Rovers and MK Dons swapping places with an unthinkable run for each team. We have to home that Lambert is now stretching his squad to see what he has.

Oh and I got @#/? wet through walking up Bolton Rd. Thanks a lot invisible Venkys.

That was one of the worst games I've seen for a looooong while!

Marshal must wonder what he's doing here as he's head and shoulders over anything else in a Blue n white shirt.

There was barely a positive to draw from the game, possibly Lowe getting a run allowing Marshall to move forward.

We have nothing in midfield and we continue to knock aimless punts towards e diminutive Jackson.....madness!

Duffy dropped another clanger costing us a goal, but to be honest, Huddersfield were much better in very department and should've won by more.

Completely pi$$ed off with that performance, half those players should never wear the colours again.

Alcohol required....and plenty of it.

That was one of the worst games I've seen for a looooong while!

Marshal must wonder what he's doing here as he's head and shoulders over anything else in a Blue n white shirt.

There was barely a positive to draw from the game, possibly Lowe getting a run allowing Marshall to move forward.

We have nothing in midfield and we continue to knock aimless punts towards e diminutive Jackson.....madness!

Duffy dropped another clanger costing us a goal, but to be honest, Huddersfield were much better in very department and should've won by more.

Completely pi$$ed off with that performance, half those players should never wear the colours again.

Alcohol required....and plenty of it.

Boiled down to them up for it and us just not arsed and not giving two tosses about the badge or fans

I can just about stand losing if I see a team where players have given their all. Last week and today I have seen lots of players discredit the honour of wearing our shirt by not trying, basically not giving a toss. If Lambert does stay he needs to weed out this weak, shoulder shrugging mentality that is prevalent at Ewood.

I was going to get my ticket for Forest on Monday but I am now seriously wondering why I should bother to put myself out for another inept, weak and self pitying performance from some players.

Duffy just took a ball square in the nuts

Maybe that will be what he needs. Can't say I had too much sympathy. On the other hands thing can only get better (Brentford aside) for him!

Can't help thinking if it had ended 2-1 there wouldn't have been as much booing at the end. Can't say I was bored in the 2nd half it didn't look like a goal was never going to come. We know Graham isn't incapable of finding the net but he was largely responsible for not getting back into it after 2nd goal.

Team looked sloppy early on and could remember thinking that they needed to sort things out before it led to a goal. Though there's a difference between some sloppy passing, defending, to the complete gift Duffy gave them. There's no point lashing out at Duffy (aside from not feeling too sympathetic over the painful nutshot which he deserved) he's not going to turn into the Alan Fettis of centre backs.

Blackburn End top tier certainly didn't see the "loud and proud" ads that's for sure. Granted its not like the performance helped.

Truly Awful embrassing performance.

No passion all game.

Think Lambert's uncertain future is affecting the players.

I left after 85 mins and it was the first time Ive left early since a 4 nil Villa win at Ewood Park under Hughes.

Serious peed off tonight

That was the most inept lack of effort in a blue and white shirt I have witnessed in a very long time.

No pride, effort, cohesion, professionalism, no NOTHING.

Time to bring in players who will give their all and that deserve a shot.

No more Brown, Gomez, Kilgallon or Grimes. Play a proper team and blood the young ones who have done so well this season. They cannot do any worse.

Annoyed isn't the word ! Flucking disgraceful across the board.

Truly Awful embrassing performance.

No passion at all game.

Think Lambert's uncertain future is affecting the players.

I left after 85 mins and it was the first team Ive left early since a 4 nil Villa win at Ewood Park under Hughes.

Serious peed off tonight

Absolutely damning coming from you Chaddy!

Lambert needs to look at himself - we were slower to the ball, tactically I think they were better - and some of our worst players on the day were ones he brought in.

Personally thought we looked like two very average sides that never looked like scoring until Duffy decided to put some drama into the match.

Strange how things go - last home match Duffy handles on the line - penalty and sending off - Huddersfield player handles on line not even a penalty. Having said that - no excuse for a performance sadly lacking in most things - things only brightened up when Lowe was brought on at right back - but we ended up looking totally disorganised.

That was the most inept lack of effort in a blue and white shirt I have witnessed in a very long time.

No pride, effort, cohesion, professionalism, no NOTHING.

Time to bring in players who will give their all and that deserve a shot.

No more Brown, Gomez, Kilgallon or Grimes. Play a proper team and blood the young ones who have done so well this season. They cannot do any worse.

Annoyed isn't the word ! Flucking disgraceful across the board.

Personally don't blame Kilgallon - he looked like he is - a centre back playing left back. To be honest - our whole left side was very poor until Marshall started to drift to that side.

I was also offski at 85 minutes......inept, gutless, spineless, embarrassing, depressing.......not necessarily in that order.

Ben Marshall, stand tall, as you were the only player to come out of this debacle with any credit.

Duffy had obviously loaned out his brain cell again.....brainless he certainly is.

Just very angry tonight......spoils the weekend. I really don't know what PL can do with this sad bunch of so-called professional footballers ( I use the term loosely), but unless the Loons dig deep I have no doubt he will walk, and we will be an absolute train wreck in the making.....

Rather they walk, but they've created a monster and need to give it a complete makeover. W**kers!!!

Of all my years at Ewood Park, that has to be one of the most disjointed, inept and all round disinterested performances I've ever seen from a Rovers side.

Honestly don't know where we go from here; a dozen players going in the summer, Lambert presumably following, owners AWOL, no board, presumably no budget.

That was a display of a team that couldn't give a monkeys about the club or the manager. And I presume Lambert's attitude mirrors the team's.

I was talking to a few long standing fans today, the kind of fans that have stayed on through these horrendous 6 years, the kind of fans that I imagined would only be prevented going by well, death, and plenty are seriously considering knocking it on the head.

I really fear for this football club.

Left early on 80 mins, the second time I've left a match early in 45 years.

Sorry to all the Lambert apologists but he's turned us into an absolute shambles, sold one of the 3 decent players we had apart from Marshall and Hanley and left us with a demotivated rag tag assortment of loanees, misfits and rejects.

I saw you leave

So, you aren't calling for change, but telling us we were better off before?

No.

I said we played more effective, better football under Bowyer and Kean.

Lambert has many challenges but since he went public with his spat with the owners and his own lack of motivation, we've hardly created a chance and produced performances only seen under Ince, Kidd, Berg, Appleton, and Premier League Kean. Probably even worse.

That's not saying we were better off, but it is worthy of comment.

It's not disloyal to comment on what's happening on the pitch.

You're allowed to be disappointed in performances, I'm not asking you to boo or protest

Of all my years at Ewood Park, that has to be one of the most disjointed, inept and all round disinterested performances I've ever seen from a Rovers side.

Honestly don't know where we go from here; a dozen players going in the summer, Lambert presumably following, owners AWOL, no board, presumably no budget.

That was a display of a team that couldn't give a monkeys about the club or the manager. And I presume Lambert's attitude mirrors the team's.

I was talking to a few long standing fans today, the kind of fans that have stayed on through these horrendous 6 years, the kind of fans that I imagined would only be prevented going by well, death, and plenty are seriously considering knocking it on the head.

Totally agree, the groans and heads in hands around me told its own story. Not one ounce of passion in the famous shirt. Lowe did well when he came on, but too many mercenaries in the club. Play lads who have come through the ranks? They might give a hoot.

This is rubbish, to add insult to injury, I've only worn a Harrington jacket (partly to appease my missus as she got it me for Xmas), when I'd much rather wear my nice warm fleece lined parka that's hanging up at home. Sorry for boring everyone and taking this off topic...

I wore my Helly Hansen ski jacket. It got bloody cold late on and it was forecast to rain. Which it did!

Can anybody who is in the Jack Walker Stand make out who the bloke is in Jacks private box?

Pic from Tom M (twitter)

CgK5fKQWEAAIc2p.jpg

Couldn't tell from the BE Upper but indeed it was Myers. Maybe Venkys tricked him that they were going to show up then left him on his own! Have to say it gets the conspiracy theorists talking why wasn't he in the JW Upper with the other directors? Also does anyone think it could have been Myers way of sending out a message to the fans?

Someone mentioned earlier that we were going the way of Bolton. I think, if Lambert walks (with all that insinuates), that we are going the way of Blackpool, on the field, and Pompey, off it.

Archived