BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Huddersfield Town - 16Th April 2016 At 3Pm

Still no thread, so let's get talking about the match.

A win would surely put us safe for another season (Loons aside).

£10 a ticket in both ends - will it draw some enthusiasm from the stay-a-ways and generate the electric atmosphere intended?

Potential for Graham to play according to the manager, otherwise where will the goals come from?

All the hallmarks of an end of season stroll, but would be good to watch a victory.

I will be wearing the old scarf - 2-1, 13,000.....COYB's!

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see it being a half decent game because Hudds like to knock it about so it should open it up for us a bit although we'll play same as usual. Hopefully there'll be a bit of tempo to the game even though nobody looks like they're arsed anymore.

They'll bring a few across and hopefully it'll help the atmosphere although I can't see the home crowd being that much different despite the tenner tickets. These initiatives these days tend to bring in an extra couple hundred rather than thousand, all helps though.

Rovers 2 Huddersfield 2

I can see it being a half decent game because Hudds like to knock it about so it should open it up for us a bit although we'll play same as usual. Hopefully there'll be a bit of tempo to the game even though nobody looks like they're arsed anymore.

They'll bring a few across and hopefully it'll help the atmosphere although I can't see the home crowd being that much different despite the tenner tickets. These initiatives these days tend to bring in an extra couple hundred rather than thousand, all helps though.

Rovers 2 Huddersfield 2

Looking at the e ticketing page, the Blackburn end looks marginally busier, The Riverside looks the same as usual, and the Darren End looks sparse.

The results are becoming meaningless, the performances getting monotonous and there will probably be more eyes on the Directors Box.

All in all, seasons end can't come quick enough.

Unfortunately I think Rovers have picked the wrong game to use the cheap ticket initiative. They would have been better doing it earlier in the season when there was more riding on it, or for one of the derby games, or for Lambert's first home game. Doing it now when the best we can achieve this season is a top half finish and are just about safe with 5 games to play won't see people flocking in their droves even at a reduced price.

Huddersfield are a very inconsistent side that blow hot and cold. A few weeks ago they thrashed Leeds at Elland Road 4-1 having gone behind yet other than that their away form has been pretty poor, so the game should be there for the taking.

Its interesting that they are looking like shifting 1500+ tickets which is a pretty decent effort for what is ultimately going to be an insignificant game for both sides. They really seem to have bought in to the feel good factor that has developed since appointing Wagner and this is reflected in their season ticket sales for next season. If only Venkys knew how to capitalise on the good will and positivity created from an impressive managerial appointment.

They're buzzing a bit with the Wagner revolution and cheap ST's etc. Really gearing for next season like a well run should. Plus they usually have a good turn out over here to their credit.

Always found them to be a good bunch of fans/club. A few tasty experiences over there back in the day but some of them prob say the same about coming here.

Also for what it's worth I wouldn't be surprised to see Rhodes land up back there on loan in the next season or so :o

Wagner seems to have made a big difference to Hudders but we should still be rolling this lot over quite comfortably.

However, I think there is a general malaise that has enveloped our club and it's inevitable this impacts on the players. I am therefore going for a draw at best.

Lambert was saying in today's LT about playing some youngesters in the next few matches.

So I would play Mahoney in tomoz game.

My team would be:-

Steele; Marshall, Duffy, Hanley, Kilgallon; Lowe, Lenihan; Mahoney, Gomez, Bennett; Graham

Subs:- Raya, Ward, Nyambe, Apkan, Jackson, Brown, Grimes

Lambert was saying in today's LT about playing some youngesters in the next few matches.

So I would play Mahoney in tomoz game.

My team would be:-

Steele; Marshall, Duffy, Hanley, Kilgallon; Lowe, Lenihan; Mahoney, Gomez, Bennett; Graham

Subs:- Raya, Ward, Nyambe, Apkan, Jackson, Brown, Grimes

What was the point of signing on a loan young Grimes ?

Wife's Birthday so I am not allowed to go.

Can someone post photos of the new flags (and a jam packed full Ewood) please?

Have fun. I will :-(

Soft lad !

I'm going download for 5 nights on my Mrs birthday

Snowball time.

Wouldn't that be so funny

Rumours Venkys will be there?

Rumours and that's about it. The only person I've seen mention it with any confidence is that goon John Claret, the Burnley WUM who posts excruciatingly on every single Rovers story on LET website.

Has anyone heard anything concrete? I presume it's just blather, right?

• Moderation Lead

What was the point of signing on a loan young Grimes ?

Based on Gomez' recent form, he'd be getting dropped for Grimes. He looks like what Jordi Gomez was like when he first signed, when he could be arsed.

Scottish Branch outing tomorrow. A good few of us coming down to commemorate the life of Mr David Swift, sadly recently departed lifelong Rovers fan who left Blackburn for Scotland in the early 60s. I'm sure if anyone ever met David they would remember him as a passionate Rovers fan who spent many long days on the train up and down from Edinburgh and always had a good word and a laugh for anyone he met. We should all raise a glass in his memory tomorrow.

Scottish Branch outing tomorrow. A good few of us coming down to commemorate the life of Mr David Swift, sadly recently departed lifelong Rovers fan who left Blackburn for Scotland in the early 60s. I'm sure if anyone ever met David they would remember him as a passionate Rovers fan who spent many long days on the train up and down from Edinburgh and always had a good word and a laugh for anyone he met. We should all raise a glass in his memory tomorrow.

Raise a glass to a fellow Rover

Which train you catching MC?

Archived