BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Huddersfield Town - 16Th April 2016 At 3Pm

Based on Gomez' recent form, he'd be getting dropped for Grimes. He looks like what Jordi Gomez was like when he first signed, when he could be arsed.

The loanees coming to the end of their loan rarely put in 100% can you blame em.. As for Gomez he was a poor loan signing he's ok when the sun's shining and your 2-0 up ask any wigan fan but when the going is a bit ruff ie v Leeds he's not interested... But he can hit a free kick..

Imo if PL wanted a battler why get him on loan?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're buzzing a bit with the Wagner revolution and cheap ST's etc. Really gearing for next season like a well run should. Plus they usually have a good turn out over here to their credit.

Always found them to be a good bunch of fans/club. A few tasty experiences over there back in the day but some of them prob say the same about coming here.

Also for what it's worth I wouldn't be surprised to see Rhodes land up back there on loan in the next season or so :o

Working with a number of Town fans I am fascinated by the Wagner Revolution. Basically he seems to out gangnam style (or whatever it's called) Klopp's Liverpool or Dortmund in their minds. Greatest football ever and they are taking the division by storm.

In the real world, under him P27 W9 D5 L13. Whereas boring old Rovers under old school Lambert have been outshone with P28 W10 D6 L12.

Not saying their matches haven't been more entertaining (couldn't be less tbh) but the idea it's a revolution is really stretching it.

Amusingly one friend was so convinced they would put the league to the sword he doubled our usual bets. (If either team got promoted other pays £20, either team relegated other pays £20, which team finishes higher £20) Additionally he even agreed to accept a £20 that I bet they'd not finish in the top half. That new one was "easy money" as they'd "be in the playoffs for sure".

After today I might have a pretty decent shout of £40, and even if we don't win, I think I'll be at worst not paying anything.

As for the match itself, I think it will be as bad as the last two seasons at Ewood and be 0-0. Or we win 1-0 with a contentious penalty in a dreary game.

We are driving down today. I must admit it took me a bit of persuading to come down to the game, which is not like me. I suspect the time might have been better spent tending to my garden, as the sun is shining in Glasgow this morning!

As for the game itself, I have a feeling we may get a doing today, so I'm predicting 1-3.

Any Brown or Lowe in the team will rule me out of attending that's for sure.

Give Lowe a chance JAL. Brown has had all his chances and failed miserably. Just not a footballer.

If Graham is not fit the best we can hope for is nil nil.

Working with a number of Town fans I am fascinated by the Wagner Revolution. Basically he seems to out gangnam style (or whatever it's called) Klopp's Liverpool or Dortmund in their minds. Greatest football ever and they are taking the division by storm.

In the real world, under him P27 W9 D5 L13. Whereas boring old Rovers under old school Lambert have been outshone with P28 W10 D6 L12.

Not saying their matches haven't been more entertaining (couldn't be less tbh) but the idea it's a revolution is really stretching it.

Amusingly one friend was so convinced they would put the league to the sword he doubled our usual bets. (If either team got promoted other pays £20, either team relegated other pays £20, which team finishes higher £20) Additionally he even agreed to accept a £20 that I bet they'd not finish in the top half. That new one was "easy money" as they'd "be in the playoffs for sure".

After today I might have a pretty decent shout of £40, and even if we don't win, I think I'll be at worst not paying anything.

As for the match itself, I think it will be as bad as the last two seasons at Ewood and be 0-0. Or we win 1-0 with a contentious penalty in a dreary game.

Aye they really do seem to be getting excited although I think the cheap ST's have got them thinking something big is going to happen. It must be nice watching a bit of decent footy but I really don't think they have the players to make it count for anything spectacular over the course of a season.

One glaring difference though is their expectation levels compared to ours. In the main they'll be happy with an 8th place finish and some good stuff to watch next season. We'd have the pitch forks out again screaming not good enough :blink:

Hopefully we can get a result today if PL does as promised and gives the kids a go. It will be nice for the crowd to back Lambert vocally regardless of the result. We know we are a poor side atm and if PL walks we're even more screwed next season.

If the loons from Pune are there make sure to give em both barrels.

Give Lowe a chance JAL. Brown has had all his chances and failed miserably. Just not a footballer.

If Graham is not fit the best we can hope for is nil nil.

Lowe had too many chances as for brown enough said..

Hopefully PL will blood some of the young lads as the season is petering out and bin the loanees who won't be here or more to the point some may not want to be here

I decided to make wolves away my last game as can't make Notts Forest or Rotherham. Not really interested in attending home games anymore. So anything would normally spend at Ewood I'll put towards away days ticket/travel.

Should be safe will be nice to make it mathematically so. But from a personal point of view unless the venkys back Lambert with some serious cash and as dingles likely to be in a different division I doubt I'll be back at Ewood for a long time.

I think the new flags will steal the show.

But because the fans are coming down from Scotland and any other exiles traveling to the game today, I hope we score a hat full, you lads/lasses deserve it :tu:

Rovers 5 Udders 1 (Brown own goal)

Sadly I doubt the £10 tickets will see a substantial increase (though not sure about the away support and whether they are bringing significantly more because of it) and the club might not do them again. Will there be a major increase in volume? I'm not so sure either as the "walkups" might be sitting in the BE or DE (rather than where they might usually sit such as the Riverside) because the seats are cheaper. Not so much because people want them to contribute to the atmosphere. Now if adults got in for a quid then that might have genuinely added a few extra thousand to the gate.

2 home losses in a row. 3 in a row won't be seen as acceptable. In this division its pointless making predictions usually but I'm going into it with a positive mindset. COYB.

• Backroom

People are way too confident about this game, Huddersfield are a good side under Wagner and play some cracking football. They could make us look a bit silly today.

1-2 Huddersfield

Huddersfield and ourselves are where we are for a reason, we're both a bit rubbish. I do agree there's no reason to be confident given our overall performances over the season, but there's nothing to fear from Huddersfield if we approach the game properly. I reckon it'll be a largely boring 1-1, both teams showing why they are at the lower end of what is a very poor league.

Away fans are paying £22. Clubs are allowed a couple of ticket initiatives for home fans only a few times per season I think. As always with Rovers the timing of it renders it almost pointless.

Archived