BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Huddersfield Town - 16Th April 2016 At 3Pm

Slightly off topic, this is about commitment and passion. Eldest daughter lives in Madrid, has the choice through her profession of tickets for Real and Atletico.She chooses to support Rayo Vallecano, the working mans football club of Madrid. She is today watching Rayo play Villereal, unable to get a ticket in the home areas she is sat with the away fans wearing a Rovers shirt. Her last visit over Christmas,due to the postponement of the Boro match, meant she was unable to watch the sad demise of a once great football club. If the owners and players had half the passion she has for the Rovers and football, then we would not have a problem.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Yes as the game progressed my thinking eventually came round to that –Lambert must be attempting to get himself the sack or demonstrate the urgent need for an input of cash. Because despite the ludicrous off-field circus and uncertainty, I can’t believe the poor selection, shape, effort and lack of simple basics. Bringing on Akpan?? Persisting with Grimes (who I like btw)? Browny? Long ball to Jackson? At least Lowe offers some energy getting up and down the touchline in conjunction with Marshall. Players and manager on the beach.

Were we lumping it up to Jackson, or was it intended for Browny (when he came on) but often ended up in Jackson's direction? The latter was pretty much what happened for the entire 90 minutes against Ipswich. It was a form of hell.

In any workplace, if the manager criticises the owners publicly, the workforce will cotton on very quickly to the hint of rebellion and will feel comfortable taking ten per cent off their level of performance.

The players will have detected a change in Lambert's demeanour and have reacted accordingly.

I suspect Lambert is feeling utterly sickened and toothless. The performance yesterday reflected that.

I don't believe that any amount of money would allow Lambert to get us in the play offs, let alone outright promoted next year. I think he has realised he has no future here and is merely going through the motions. He may even be happy to get the sack; trouser the pay off, and point to the basket case owners as the reason for his failure.

I must admit I have been very disappointed by PL going to the press about his disappointment with the owners - it was always liable to have a knock on impact on the players - and IMO a good manager would have shielded the players from it until the end of the season. Ultimately the blame obviously lies with the owners - but I don't think PL has dealt with the situation particularly well.

Incredibly poor performance yesterday. Lambert has done nothing to get this team going and poor as it is he should be capable of getting more out of them than that. Some of the players he's bought in, I.e. Jackson and Bennett, are as bad as anything else we have seen over the last few years (apart from Brown of course). Why isn't he trying some youngsters when we have loanees and out of contract people getting a game? Just can't understand it,

I think the basic fact is that under the Vs we are doomed to fail and will continue to fail whoever is in charge.

There was even a biff up in the Fiox after the game. Sums it all up really.

Quite simply yesterday you had a team playing for their manager and fans and putting a marker down for next season. Then you had us just being us going through the motions like they often have in the recent past. I was also distinctly unimpressed with the management team stood hand in pockets not looking arsed either. The subs were crap and the tactics poor yet again also that lot looked anything but fit yesterday. Hanley looks like the timber is coming back on.

Bright spot was Marshall trying his best again, head and shoulders above anyone else and nice to see him ranting at his team mates and showing a bit of passion. Not a big fan of Lowe but he did well when he came on although the headless chicken routine is still there. Please Mr Lambert just make him into a right back once and for all. Still good to see the lad fit and well and playing again.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention Shane Duffy, i'll just use one word : Ridiculous.

DE.

First half, the idea was obviously to knock it into the channels for Jackson's pace. Fair enough. But plenty of times long balls from the back and from Steele went to Jackson in the air when Graham was on the pitch. Second half, especially after we went 2 goals behind, we simply had 4 in a line up top so every time the defenders looked up nothing was on except a punt. The shape for most of the game was all over the place with the wrong personnel. JBizzle had it right in an earlier post. If you ever need to understand why football is falling out of fans' affection, here it is at this club and at this game.

Big gate of 15,061

Nice to hear Ewood was over 1/2 full.

2k Town fans boosted that and apart from the BBE lower the rest of the ground looked as sparse as usual especially the JW. I'd say 12k max including the visitors.

• Backroom

DE.

First half, the idea was obviously to knock it into the channels for Jackson's pace. Fair enough. But plenty of times long balls from the back and from Steele went to Jackson in the air when Graham was on the pitch. Second half, especially after we went 2 goals behind, we simply had 4 in a line up top so every time the defenders looked up nothing was on except a punt. The shape for most of the game was all over the place with the wrong personnel. JBizzle had it right in an earlier post. If you ever need to understand why football is falling out of fans' affection, here it is at this club and at this game.

Sounds worse than the Ipswich match, somehow. You can only get away with playing like that if you grind out wins, like McCarthy does at Ipswich with a similarly poor squad which has Jonathan Douglas as its midfield dynamo. Playing awfully and losing is just an insult to the fans who paid to watch. At least if your team wins it helps justify the boredom.

2k Town fans boosted that and apart from the BBE lower the rest of the ground looked as sparse as usual especially the JW. I'd say 12k max including the visitors.

I wonder how many £10 tickets were sold. No one is going to waste good money watching dross.

I wonder how many £10 tickets were sold. No one is going to waste good money watching dross.

Must have been a good few but as usual the team messed it up. I could only persuade one extra to come, lapsed ST holder and yesterday summed up everything why he packed it in.

Just near us there was 2 lads came with the lad behind us and in front there was about 4 who were sat on seats usually empty so it was good to see some teens taking up the offer. Sadly the 2 behind didn't sound like they'd be back and they weren't amused about wasting their tenners :(

Also missing though were about 8 regulars.

After the optimism of new owners coming in had lulled and we all realised the mess they were bringing I have been to just one game - Bolton at home this season. I promised myself I wouldn't go until the Venkys went but I caved and for a variety of reasons I just needed some time away from what was going on in my life and a bit of football relief was what I opted for... post that game I realised I need to stick to my original thinking and I'm not going back till the venkys are gone. When they're gone that first home game will be a sell out! I guarantee it. It will be a carnival atmosphere regardless of the division we are in. I can't wait.

A few years ago I actually tried to email the venkys to ask them to sell up and leave us to it but it would not let me send the email - it was like any UK based email was blocked. They must be inundated. My mates were in creases when I told them... that's the state of our club. An absolute laughing stock and when we were in the prem there was some focus on it but nowadays no one could care less. It gets me so angry with rage.

Haven't been since PNE, however I really noticed how there isn't a smile around Ewood nowadays. It's like everybody is going out of duty, rather than want. Walk down, watch the game, have a pie, leave 5 minutes early, go to the pub. It isn't football anymore it's routine, nobody around me seemed to expect any different from a home win.

Marshall, Hanley, Lenihan and Graham the only ones that look like they could be good enough.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but we all know in football that if they have nothing to play for and uncertainty about the future reigns supreme everyday they turn up for training, performances and attitude are going to suffer.

Anyone remember Brum away under Hughes? Was it his last match? Disgraceful performance by the team and we had a well run club at the time.

Remember it well. Played off the pitch and out fought by a team who knew they were down.

Hughes and Friedel 's farewells.

Seems a lifetime ago. And to think we were seething at finishing 7th.

Yesterday's yawn fest fiasco made it look like most of our players cannot wait for this season to be over.

Well...snap. I feel the same. Thing is; this crock of sh1t squad have made me feel this way.

Honourable mention to Bowyer. He assembled a squad even worse than these shirkers.

At least we didn't have to watch Koita,the Fonz and Mr Sicknote v Huddersfield.

I must admit I have been very disappointed by PL going to the press about his disappointment with the owners - it was always liable to have a knock on impact on the players - and IMO a good manager would have shielded the players from it until the end of the season. Ultimately the blame obviously lies with the owners - but I don't think PL has dealt with the situation particularly well.

Can't believe you wrote this. Abject.

I'm glad he is standing up to them and not pretending things are OK.

I actually agree with the sentiment. It gives PL an out if he blames the players commitment on the owners. He is the manager. His job is to motivate the players and shield them from the other stuff. Separately he needs to go about influencing the owners in an adult way about what's needed. Using the media as an intermediary will only end in tears.

He probably also thinks by talking to the media it gives him an out without tarnishing his reputation.

Time to put big boy pants on and remind his players they are playing for their careers either with Rovers or elsewhere.

As far as Venkys go, give them reason to trust him and extend their already hideous debt by forking out yet more money for a concerted push next year.

They know already that they made a huge mistake investing in Rovers. It just depends whether they wish to twist or hold. Either way there is a fair chance they will bust.

His problem is they're obviously not communicating with him in any way. Presumably they won't talk to him. Perhaps his wife doesn't like shopping. How else does he get attention other than through the media. I suspect he's exhausted the other channels and the media stuff is "What the heck? I might as well try this as all else has already failed"

I actually agree with the sentiment. It gives PL an out if he blames the players commitment on the owners. He is the manager. His job is to motivate the players and shield them from the other stuff. Separately he needs to go about influencing the owners in an adult way about what's needed. Using the media as an intermediary will only end in tears.

He probably also thinks by talking to the media it gives him an out without tarnishing his reputation.

Time to put big boy pants on and remind his players they are playing for their careers either with Rovers or elsewhere.

As far as Venkys go, give them reason to trust him and extend their already hideous debt by forking out yet more money for a concerted push next year.

They know already that they made a huge mistake investing in Rovers. It just depends whether they wish to twist or hold. Either way there is a fair chance they will bust.

why is he not behaving in adult manner.?

How would you contact them when they are the most pig ignorant owners in football. It needed and needs saying due to the silence .Like he says how is he and players supposed to plan for the end of the season in (not sure exact ) less than a month a way when the owners ignore him and everyone.Its crazy. With or without the media ,(open your eyes take your head out the sand) its going to end in tears or has the venky years not taught you anything?

How is he tarnishing his reputation ? he cant manage how he wants.

Big boy pants? what a pathetic comment . Even though it is the players on Saturday who disrespected the club , the fans and Lambart by showing no guts or passion.

Give venkys a reason to trust him? VENKYS HAVE SHOWN NO REASON TO TRUST THEM FFS !!!!!

How do you know they think that ? How anyone can presume what this stupid family thinks is beyond me.

its already bust.

Can't believe you wrote this. Abject.

I'm glad he is standing up to them and not pretending things are OK.

Can't believe your response - so we are even.

Standing up to them - get real he is mouthing off in the press to cover up for yet another abject performance.

As I said - ultimately the blame lies with the owners - but in this case they are just giving PL excuses for some extremely poor performances - often by players he brought in.

Though I think with the correct backing he may be able to get us top 6 - I have been very disappointed by how he has constantly looked to divert blame.

Incredibly poor performance yesterday. Lambert has done nothing to get this team going and poor as it is he should be capable of getting more out of them than that. Some of the players he's bought in, I.e. Jackson and Bennett, are as bad as anything else we have seen over the last few years (apart from Brown of course). Why isn't he trying some youngsters when we have loanees and out of contract people getting a game? Just can't understand it,

I think the basic fact is that under the Vs we are doomed to fail and will continue to fail whoever is in charge.

There was even a biff up in the Fiox after the game. Sums it all up really.

There were 6 of 'em hiding in the gents....til the coppers flushed 'em out.

Can't believe your response - so we are even.

Standing up to them - get real he is mouthing off in the press to cover up for yet another abject performance.

As I said - ultimately the blame lies with the owners - but in this case they are just giving PL excuses for some extremely poor performances - often by players he brought in.

Though I think with the correct backing he may be able to get us top 6 - I have been very disappointed by how he has constantly looked to divert blame.

But if he doesn't get the "correct backing" he should just keep quiet eh? Like all the others we've had.

I don't believe you are disappointed with Lambert at all, you just want to put the boot in.

On this issue you are attacking the manager who's speaking for us.

But if he doesn't get the "correct backing" he should just keep quiet eh? Like all the others we've had.

I don't believe you are disappointed with Lambert at all, you just want to put the boot in.

On this issue you are attacking the manager who's speaking for us.

If you were happy after Saturdays abject performance - then good I am pleased for you.

Never said he should keep quiet - just that there is a time and place - and doing it via the press mid-season IMO isn't the way.

BTW - doing this via the press - who do you think benefits ?

Any chance that the owners will change their minds - not on previous history, on the other hand does it help cover up an abject performance ?

Bottom line - going to the press isn't going to change the owners minds - but it does make some fans think that he is on our side as the team continues to falter in what has been (barring the odd good display) a disappointing time since he took over.

Archived