BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

The India V England One Day International is at Pune on Sunday.

At the Blakey's meeting it sounded like plans were in place for a protest at said match, if I recall both BRAG and Wayne Wild seemed to infer that they were involved.

Does anyone have an update or has this gone the same way as WAR itself?

The India V England One Day International is at Pune on Sunday.

At the Blakey's meeting it sounded like plans were in place for a protest at said match, if I recall both BRAG and Wayne Wild seemed to infer that they were involved.

Does anyone have an update or has this gone the same way as WAR itself?

BRFCAG have never indicated that they would be travelling to Pune to my knowledge.

BRFCAG have never indicated that they would be travelling to Pune to my knowledge.

On the panel, I think it was Mark Fish that said various people were trying to get something off the ground, you are correct in that I don't think he said anything about BRAG themselves having anything planned.

If I recall correctly... which I do..,,

someone sat on the front row (sorry I dont know who it was) said they intended to go to Pune in November with a group

Wayne said he intended to go in Jan timed with the cricket and questioned the need for two visits.

BRAG were not involved.

I dont know if the person who was going in Nov went. I dont know who it was but portrayed themselves as a prominant fan. Mark or Paul may remember who it was?

I read that the Trust visit in Jan was delayed to Feb or March. It was either on here or trust site or WMC minutes... sorry cant remember

but the Pune trip was delayed not cancelled.

I suspect if BRAG said they were going then they would be going. Not sure of reasons for Trust delay. work or family comittments?

Either way its hard to criticise unless we are ready to get on a plane ourselves

does September count as recently?

does September count as recently?

In all seriousness

there was a march protest vs Newcastle

Paul and Mark were there

Birdy and Annette were there

I dont think Wayne was there

and I didnt notice Simon Garner doing any press

WAR a load of tosh

BRFCAG have discussed the merits of going to India, and as some have said IF we ever announce that we are then we will. At the Open Floor meeting I seem remember Glen mentioning he and a few others had planned or discussed travelling out and that Wayne had also planned on going out with a few others around the time of the cricket matches.

Aaahhhh tongue in cheek

just to tease those taken in by words who cant actually think and see for themselves

😉

I am sure I once read that propaganda was more powerful than bombs

Aaahhhh tongue in cheek

just to tease those taken in by words who cant actually think and see for themselves

I am sure I once read that propaganda was more powerful than bombs

The pen is mightier than the sword,

especially when loaded with poisonous ink lol,

unfortunately Barry thinks his iron bar is all powerful

If I recall correctly... which I do..,,

someone sat on the front row (sorry I dont know who it was) said they intended to go to Pune in November with a group

Wayne said he intended to go in Jan timed with the cricket and questioned the need for two visits.

BRAG were not involved.

I dont know if the person who was going in Nov went. I dont know who it was but portrayed themselves as a prominant fan. Mark or Paul may remember who it was?

I read that the Trust visit in Jan was delayed to Feb or March. It was either on here or trust site or WMC minutes... sorry cant remember

but the Pune trip was delayed not cancelled.

I suspect if BRAG said they were going then they would be going. Not sure of reasons for Trust delay. work or family comittments?

Either way its hard to criticise unless we are ready to get on a plane ourselves

It was Preston Blue who brought that up - I believe Glen M and Kamy were also potentially going.

To update both my position personally and the position of the BRFC Action Group on the proposal to go to Pune.

During the meeting at King Georges Hall, it was announced by Wayne that a delegation was to head to Pune, and people would be openly invited to be part of that delegation at their own cost. I found out formally about this proposal, moments before the meeting started when i was chatting with Wayne, although Glen had mentioned it in passing, vaguely a few weeks before.

I found out more about it a few days later when myself, Wayne and Birdy had a meeting. The date was set for the 14th January and this was the definite original date because i recall it clashed with Birdys birthday weekend, and the Ipswich game. Birdy being Birdy was insisting he would be at the game, and would fly out separately after the game. I wanted to know more details finalised, in terms of what the plan was when the owners ignored the delegation and what targets where in place for achievement, but stated that if i was to attend i would also go following the Ipswich match and travel with Birdy.

I heard no more about this trip, until i was at an away game at Derby, could have been Birmingham! When Birdy informed me that Wayne had put the trip back and the target date was now 15th February. Following the launch of the regular supporter meetings at Ewood WMC, this has been on the agenda, rolling over from meeting to meeting with no definitive answer given, due to lack of trust representation at the meetings.

Where it is up to?, is it still planned?, are the wheels moving? the request for information from those involved has been sent aplenty.

Archived