BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Backroom

whats happened with ad ?

After the Trust initially saying they would support and financially back the advert, they have since pulled the plug.

I was in contact with a few people at the trust, credit to Ozz who it seems was the only one fighting my corner, but at the last supporters meeting (I wasn't there) it was confirmed they are no longer willing to back the advert and I haven't received an email since as to why...

I am extremely disappointed at how it has been handled and now we are back to square one.

I still have the money and have been in touch with a lady at one of the Indian papers today to discuss other options with the funds we have available that were donated by the supporters.

The content of the advert has been decided.

I also have a rovers fan who has come forward to help design the advert.

It's a shame, as if the funding was there it would have been all systems go.

If there are any further updates I'll post them.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to me The Trust's sole form of action is to send out invoices for annual membership fee. Apart from that I never hear from them.

If they expect other groups to wage WAR on Venkys for them and are thereby hoping they can come forward as the true representatives of the fans when the club is in admin or Receivership then they will deserve the contempt that will be thrown at them.

The lack of action is really disappointing particularly after some tub thumping at Blakeys. As I recall there were certain individuals on the night who were in control and the visit to India was certainly mentioned and several names put forward to go.

All it would take is an update from WAR to put people in the picture as to where they are and what is going on.

After the Trust initially saying they would support and financially back the advert, they have since pulled the plug.

I was in contact with a few people at the trust, credit to Ozz who it seems was the only one fighting my corner, but at the last supporters meeting (I wasn't there) it was confirmed they are no longer willing to back the advert and I haven't received an email since as to why...

I am extremely disappointed at how it has been handled and now we are back to square one.

I still have the money and have been in touch with a lady at one of the Indian papers today to discuss other options with the funds we have available that were donated by the supporters.

Can someone from the trust please tell us why they are now unwilling to back the ad ? I won't hold my breath

The Trust would appear to have scuttled any future fund raising attempts via social media. What else I wonder?

I suggest that the Trust have their own agenda known to only a very few.

Can there be TRUST in WAR?

How can there be? I don't think it was ever united.

Back the individuals, technically that is now becoming a united thing as each passing day goes on and with more people starting to wake up!

Madon, Mark Fish, Paul, Glenn are the ones to get behind.

How much are you short? Maybe another justgiving push?

• Backroom

I have had a major boost this afternoon RE the advert..

A poster on here who wishes to remain anonymous has offered to pay £500 towards the advert, we are going to need approximately another £500.

This advert will go in Economic Times of India - Mumbai edition. It has worked out more expensive than I or I think anyone could have imagined but it seems the ball is rolling again.

A poster on here who wishes to remain anonymous has offered to pay £500 towards the advert, we are going to need approximately another £500.

This advert will go in Economic Times of India - Mumbai edition. It has worked out more expensive than I or I think anyone could have imagined but it seems the ball is rolling again.

Excellent news.

What I can't understand about the whole war farce is why they said garner was there spokesman/face .. what a load of cobblers that was

A pack of fags and a pint of bitter and Simon will say whatever they want him to. Love the guy as hero from my youth but they couldn't have picked a more useless figurehead.

• Backroom

I think there may be a slight misunderstanding there, I may be wrong though I think the issue is originally the trust may have been willing to top up what had been raised rather than pulling any funding that had been raised online.

Full disclosure I am not nor have ever been a member of the trust but if they don't believe it to be an effective use of the funds (I don't know the amounts obviously) then that's up to them and their members.

Have you got any designs done for this? I know at one point you were struggling to get someone with those kind of skills?

Great news on the financial front though

The board felt the advert as planned was not the best use of members funds.

I feel an Abbey FULL CAPS rant coming my way...

Would it not therefore be sensible for the Trust to put together a design which they would be happy with, then pass that to Madon? Is that an option?

I have donated two separate amounts, one for the wall mural and the other, I think, was towards the advert. It seems so long ago that I can't reliably remember.

Living in Northwich now, my ear isn't as close to the ground as it was and most of my Rovers supporting mates fall well and truly into the "apathy reigns" bracket.

I realise that details can't be disclosed on here for obvious reasons but, with regard to the mural, can someone in the know please reply with a letter 'a' if it's still going ahead, a letter 'b' if it's not and a letter 'c' if no one seems to know! A one letter reply will suffice lol.

Archived