BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a bunch of gobshytes those Sheff utd fans are.

Football fans can be selfish and laugh at other clubs (not necessarily rivals) predicaments. I recall years ago refereeing a game at Lincoln against Brighton when the Brighton fans were having a really bad time with the then owner Bill Archer who was trying to sell the Goldstone Ground. The Lincoln fans were chanting his name and mocking them and it ended up with ugly scenes as the Brighton fans went after them.

If we ever get to the stage where our fans invade the pitch I would expect some antagonism from the opposition fans.

Arbitro- Wigan, Bolton and Everton are three sets of fans who sung "long live the venkys" at Ewood. I don't do grudges, but if it was ever flipped the other way I would be joining in with songs to wind them up!

It's ignorance. Fans of other clubs don't want to know or care about what 'The Venky's' are doing. I'd imagine that the majority think they are trying their best and are getting undue criticism, probably due to all the guff they swallowed at the height of the club sponsored fan smear campaign.

I'm not on any forms of social media but it seems like there's a sizeable amount of Rovers fans that feel like that too!

Looks as if tonight's meeting at Ewood WMC has decided on a protest for the Newcastle game:

'March on Ewood- 1.15pm- Town Hall to the ground

Occupy Ewood- 30 minute Blackburn End sit in at full time'

Bring your banners and flags'

Haven't we seen time and time again over the years that asking folk to give up their time before and after matches just doesn't work?

People aren't keen on changing their routines and you get your usual few dozen merrily chanting away.

Look at Wolves- the in game protest was a big success as you had a captive audience- the pre game march? You guessed it, one man and his dog.

Fair play to the folks giving up their time this evening, especially this close to Xmas, however are lessons being learned?

Haven't we seen time and time again over the years that asking folk to give up their time before and after matches just doesn't work?

Maybe some people can't manage the march but surely half an hour after the match isn't too much to ask!

We need to make our voices heard. Let's get behind this protest.

Looks as if tonight's meeting at Ewood WMC has decided on a protest for the Newcastle game:

People aren't keen on changing their routines and you get your usual few dozen merrily chanting away.

Look at Wolves- the in game protest was a big success as you had a captive audience- the pre game march? You guessed it, one man and his dog.

Fair play to the folks giving up their time this evening, especially this close to Xmas, however are lessons being learned?

Where there's a will, there's a won't, I guess. Anyway, I am up for it.

This could be a cut and paste from five years ago, which didn't work then when our crowds were three-times bigger.

The lessons from the Wolves game seem to have been completely missed - make it as easy as possible to participate as it's numbers that are newsworthy. 46 people "marching" just highlights that many thousands aren't, and this positions the protests as a tiny fringe group.

• Backroom

so bend over ,drop your trollies and touch your toes and take whatever the hag wants to deliver.

I don't think anyone (or very few people) think that but this one seems ill conceived, the marches a few years back when the anger was just as high and crowds double were poorly attended so I think it will be a struggle to attract people.

Newcastle will be bringing thousands and streaming down from town so it will be hard to notice.

Still I have no better ideas

Can anybody really argue that any "march" instantly excludes probably 30/40% of the potential supporters that could be involved?

Anyone over or under a certain age or health reasons. Like Tom, I'm stuck for ideas but that doesn't make those critical of choices happy with what is going on!

Knowing there are 7000 Newcastle fans coming might be a better way to go, they've been screwed by their owner over the years thus some cohesive protesting, such as the "sit in"but between both sets of fans targeting the FA and government for allowing dodgy owners to get hold of century old institutions.

Fair to point out Newcastle get 50k and must have 100k fans in their City yet a protest march up there only attracted around a thousand i think. So if we get a hundred or so then in comparative terms :)

I'm sure there are a bit more than a thousand or two want the Cashley out...........

I've a wacky idea. This game is on TV on a bank holiday, right? Well how aboute EVERYONE stays away and those who were going to buy match tickets tell them to stick their £30+ profiteering tickets up their arse. An empty Ewood at a seasonally and traditionally popular time against the league leaders with the biggest profile in the league.

What a protest! What a message!!

• Backroom

I can't do the march or the sit-in (my dad and I go by bus). I would've thought that simply repeating the Wolves protest would've worked tbh.

Make sure there's plenty of anti-Venky chanting and banners through the game.

I've a wacky idea. This game is on TV on a bank holiday, right? Well how aboute EVERYONE stays away and those who were going to buy match tickets tell them to stick their £30+ profiteering tickets up their arse. An empty Ewood at a seasonally and traditionally popular time against the league leaders with the biggest profile in the league.

What a protest! What a message!!

This is the way to go i think, Jan 2 now isn't really popular for crowds at Ewood anymore anyway. End of holidays and everyone is skint and fed up plus back to work next day it makes for a miserable atmosphere. Throw in the price, general apathy and TV it won't be hard to swerve it.

Archived