BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

I've seen Paul's reply and i can assure you nothing is beginning, as you suggest.

I think what Paul is trying to say, is that we have spent the last 36 hours already, as protest organisers, discussing all elements of the protest and listening to all feedback from those involved and those not involved.

This protest had been in planning for 6-8 weeks, it was first discussed at Cardiff away in August and the next 4 home games have been discussed for the past few weeks. Somebody made a cracking point on this website yesterday, in that long term planning is key. They pointed out that the 1875 was a success because it was planned in advance, whilst the Mural was a failure because it was rushed, i feel he had a valid point.

Opening discussions 9 days after this protest is too late to be discussing where they go next! That would leave us with less than 2 weeks to rush a protest for the Brentford game, which is the next port of call, and the planning for that is well underway and has been for a couple of weeks.

Paul wasn't being petty, he was simply pointing out that by the time this meeting comes along, the discussions would have been had and the next protest will probably be already in the public domain.

Where do we go from here in terms of protests? This is the start of a long sustained campaign against the owners and this will be present at every home game, with all games in November, December and January having already been discussed and planning more than well underway.

Pressure at the FA, Football League and the houses of Parliament is indeed paramount.

We are in daily contact with Charlton CARD, Sisu Out, Time to go Massimo, Tangerine Knights and others and in addition to the recent early motion in Parliament led my Graham Jones there is going to be coordinated attack against all three of those organisations mentioned above. This is very much passed the planning stage and is very very close to being launched.

Trust me when i say, it will be seen all over the country and further afield.

To be fair Abbey, when i arrived at the stadium, there was four other committee members of the BRFC Action Group already there.

i said none of the trust or ewood blues top brass . .

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read about the meeting on Facebook this morning, i didn't even know one had been planned, i knew you was considering one because u mentioned it to me on Saturday Evening.

I have media interviews to do later and tomorrow as they want to discuss what the next steps are already.

Next Monday is being marketed as an 'Open supporters meeting, with EVERYONE welcome to attend' that is what the post said that i read, when i first found out one was even happening, so that is where the confusion has come from about whether it is an open meeting or not.

I agree collaboration meetings should take place, however as above i first read it when it was announced on Facebook and it certainly states its an open supporters meeting, so this should be more clear.

That's just an experience thing,

You and I have been doing this for years, I have not seen the facebook post, but apologise if that's how its come across.

For anything to be salvaged at Blackburn Rovers, supporters need to singing off the same hymn sheet and not duplicating others efforts. It becomes counter productive and throws away vital resources and knowledge. As supporters, we are handicapped enough by owners missing in action, we certainly don't want to be aiding that handicap.

Has a representative from the club been invited to this meeting, as i am aware that the organisers of Mondays meeting where discussing inviting someone last night?

Why would a representative of the club be invited?

Why don't you just ring me, message me, or ask in the twitter group?

Seems very tedious this?

Why would a representative of the club be invited?

Why don't you just ring me, message me, or ask in the twitter group?

Seems very tedious this?

I don't know why one would be invited, i am just aware that discussions have taken place around someone being invited from the club.

It isn't tedious, it's a straight-forward question, I've seen an open supporters meeting announced, it's been mentioned a representative from the club was being discussed, and i'm asking the question for clarity.

The reason is, if a club representative is present, then i will decline attendance

I don't know why one would be invited, i am just aware that discussions have taken place around someone being invited from the club.

It isn't tedious, it's a straight-forward question, I've seen an open supporters meeting announced, it's been mentioned a representative from the club was being discussed, and i'm asking the question for clarity.

The reason is, if a club representative is present, then i will decline attendance

I'm aware of no discussion of a club representative being invited, certainly not one I have taken part in. Again you should of just asked me via message.

I have been planning meetings, protest, investigations , creating supporter groups and held prominent positions in two of those prominent groups.etc, for 6 years, I certainly need no training, and you know me better than most, so give me some credit.

Lots of people are involved in lots of things, the meeting has been set up by other attendee's of that meeting, of which I have said I will also go.

Please remember this is not a group, its just like minded supporters who would like to get involved in saving their club, taking a hands on approach

One step forward, two steps back. Honest to god they'll be reading this laughing.

Everyone agrees to work together and suddenly there's one decent protest. If people keep working together protests like 18/75 will continue, if everyone gets petty 300 people protests will continue and the club wins.

I'm aware of no discussion of a club representative being invited, certainly not one I have taken part in. Again you should of just asked me via message.

I have been planning meetings, protest, investigations , creating supporter groups and held prominent positions in two of those prominent groups.etc, for 6 years, I certainly need no training, and you know me better than most, so give me some credit.

Lots of people are involved in lots of things, the meeting has been set up by other attendee's of that meeting, of which I have said I will also go.

Please remember this is not a group, its just like minded supporters who would like to get involved in saving their club, taking a hands on approach

Which i have no issue with, however if a club representative is attending, i'm out. That is the only reason i asked

• Backroom

There was a question asked in a Twitter conversation last night on whether we should invite Suhail Pasha, decided definitely not and that was pretty much it to be honest.

Time for talking has long gone... Cant believe this is still being discussed. Theu said not long ago they're committed to us... Thats all we need to now, Suhail Pasha can get @#/?, for his own safety and for the interest of other supporters... he best not attend.

This!

Protest for TV.

But the silence for a minute with all 8000 in the ground not one person could complain or not take part in.

Remember, remember18th(?) November is the 6th anniversary of the start of the dark ages.

I think we should concoct some form of "celebration"./publicity for the Brentford game...all dress in black or something and remain outside the ground...I am sure we can come up with a good stunt in the next 3 weeks?

Remember, remember18th(?) November is the 6th anniversary of the start of the dark ages.

I think we should concoct some form of "celebration"./publicity for the Brentford game...all dress in black or something and remain outside the ground...I am sure we can come up with a good stunt in the next 3 weeks?

With the LT also on the dark side, what kind of coverage will we get from the next protests? Will these be stunts for the benefit of those Rovers fans not yet bought in? Or is the hope of more media coverage?

The only untelevised coverage Charlton get is when play is stopped which won't go down well.

Although I think we are in a situation now where it's about momentum from those 2500 or so fans who took part. The rest cannot be relied on to muck in. Last Saturday was the easiest protest to date, and they either bottled it or never had any intention of helping to make our (their?) feelings known and to get our message out there.

Discussions from many happened then and have continued throughout since, a meeting was hoped for this week, but the EWMC Was not available this week and for continuity of attendee's and hoping a few more could attend, the same venue has been chosen.

I Must stress this is not an open supporters meeting, but more of a follow up on the last meeting at EWMC.

Like you, I'm also talking to the MP's, A number of key people in India including business's, whilst also talking to further key witnesses who have come forward as part of the investigation. This is an on-going process which I have done for 6 years and continue to do so.

Its vital collaboration meetings take place, to ensure things are not duplicated, or opportunities missed by being executed incorrectly.

This is the key. Protests important but, like a duck, major work has to be going on below the surface.

Who really owns BRFC? That is the key question.

Archived