BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

I see Coyles in the press saying the protests didn't impact on the players, credit to him for that.

1875 was a shambles in some ways but it's small steps at this stage, the publicity was better than anyone expected and the participation was tremendous.

What really saddens me about the entire saga is the reporting has been positive, people not involved with the club seem to get our plight, but then it's sections of our own fans slagging off protests that's damaging more than anything else, you couldn't make it up.

Hang your heads in shame.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What really saddens me about the entire saga is the reporting has been positive, people not involved with the club seem to get our plight, but then it's sections of our own fans slagging off protests that's damaging more than anything else, you couldn't make it up.

GAV I don't know about anywhere else in the ground but in my section - JWL - there were literally three boos I heard. To my surprise some joined the 1875 and many applauded. This was not the reaction I expected. Others didn't react at all so it was largely support or apparently neutral.

There are more posters on this MB slagging of the non protesters than those objecting to 1875 in my area of the JWL.

"You couldn't make it up" - no you couldn't, it's entirely what I expected - on here!

The apparent booing from the Riverside sounded very concentrated from the back and centre of the stand.

Without sounding pedantic, I'm sure the organisers of the 18 75 have already held preliminary discussions how 1875 went.

How would they know ? Only person I saw was mr fish .

Not one of the others had the balls to stand at the players entrance , not a single one . That was embarrassing .

And so it begins.

No far from it J*B I'm simply pointing out that I along with Mark and a few of the others spent most of yesterday analysing and dissecting how it went, No offence at all implied was just pointing out that reflection was well underway..

Come on lads, we don't need internal combustion.

Totally agree and I'm sure there won't be, as stated above we are well on the way with analysing, gathering feedback and producing an article. We will then focus on the next home game which is Brentford. I'm sure all at EWMC will agree that 18 75 was deemed a success, and nobody has time to sit back enjoy the moment. We ALL landed a good blow on Saturday, now is the time to be looking to land the next one.

Not one of the others had the balls to stand at the players entrance , not a single one . That was embarrassing .

Was good to see you down there Abbey, I know myself and Phil T Andy Graham and Ben where their from BRFCAG before and after, just wish more had returned with you, which is something that does need building up.

Gav, Everyone seems to think the protest went well. In what way do you think the 1875 was a shambles?

I see Coyles in the press saying the protests didn't impact on the players, credit to him for that.

1875 was a shambles in some ways but it's small steps at this stage, the publicity was better than anyone expected and the participation was tremendous.

Gav, Everyone seems to think the protest went well. In what way do you think the 1875 was a shambles?

Before the game was badly organised, hardly anyone marching me included, during the game no organisation for outside protests and after the game everyone went in different directions.

That's what I mean by a shambles, needs to be better organised next time on those fronts and I'm sure it will be.

Another meeting scheduled for Monday 7th November again at Ewood Working Men's Club from 7pm. What went right & wrong with 18/75, what's been learnt and where we go from here.

All invited, everyone welcome.

I've seen Paul's reply and i can assure you nothing is beginning, as you suggest.

I think what Paul is trying to say, is that we have spent the last 36 hours already, as protest organisers, discussing all elements of the protest and listening to all feedback from those involved and those not involved.

This protest had been in planning for 6-8 weeks, it was first discussed at Cardiff away in August and the next 4 home games have been discussed for the past few weeks. Somebody made a cracking point on this website yesterday, in that long term planning is key. They pointed out that the 1875 was a success because it was planned in advance, whilst the Mural was a failure because it was rushed, i feel he had a valid point.

Opening discussions 9 days after this protest is too late to be discussing where they go next! That would leave us with less than 2 weeks to rush a protest for the Brentford game, which is the next port of call, and the planning for that is well underway and has been for a couple of weeks.

Paul wasn't being petty, he was simply pointing out that by the time this meeting comes along, the discussions would have been had and the next protest will probably be already in the public domain.

Where do we go from here in terms of protests? This is the start of a long sustained campaign against the owners and this will be present at every home game, with all games in November, December and January having already been discussed and planning more than well underway.

Pressure on the FA is paramount at this time, we must go after them as they are the ones under microscope and that's where the cracks will form and then things could start to happen.

Venky's are too far removed to have any impact on, keep it close to home and results my follow.

Rob Coar, get your solicitor on speed dial.

Pressure at the FA, Football League and the houses of Parliament is indeed paramount.

We are in daily contact with Charlton CARD, Sisu Out, Time to go Massimo, Tangerine Knights and others and in addition to the recent early motion in Parliament led my Graham Jones there is going to be coordinated attack against all three of those organisations mentioned above. This is very much passed the planning stage and is very very close to being launched.

Trust me when i say, it will be seen all over the country and further afield.

To be fair Abbey, when i arrived at the stadium, there was four other committee members of the BRFC Action Group already there.

Before the game was badly organised, hardly anyone marching me included, during the game no organisation for outside protests and after the game everyone went in different directions.

That's what I mean by a shambles, needs to be better organised next time on those fronts and I'm sure it will be.

I agree outside was disjointed but inside went better than I expected. Maybe this was because people were confused as to the plan. Last weeks thread re where to meet before the game had people meeting all over the place with no real plan as what to do post match. Early days and Im sure these points will be addressed before the next game

No worries Mark. I look forward to the protest organisers having a confirmed plan of action prior to Monday next week after an open consultation with fans presumably sometime this week? If you could let me know what date this meeting is it would be great to attend.

On a personal level after the previous protests have achieved numbers between 300-1000 people I think it is naive to suggest this protest maraculously grew by potentially 9x the value. I would suggest that may be down to cooperation between all sorts of people, groups and fans.

Mural will be up and completed as per plan B on 18th November.

I agree outside was disjointed but inside went better than I expected. Maybe this was because people were confused as to the plan. Last weeks thread re where to meet before the game had people meeting all over the place with no real plan as what to do post match. Early days and Im sure these points will be addressed before the next game

The reason I believe 18-75 worked well within the ground is that folk didn't need to alter their routine. Arrive as normal, just don't go to your seat. A ready made protesting army landing on the organisers laps.

Pre game marches etc., with fans expected to turn up an hour or more before the match just haven't worked and I doubt they ever will.

No worries Mark. I look forward to the protest organisers having a confirmed plan of action prior to Monday next week after an open consultation with fans presumably sometime this week? If you could let me know what date this meeting is it would be great to attend.

On a personal level after the previous protests have achieved numbers between 300-1000 people I think it is naive to suggest this protest maraculously grew by potentially 9x the value. I would suggest that may be down to cooperation between all sorts of people, groups and fans.

Mural will be up and completed as per plan B on 18th November.

An open consultation with the supporters? There was one of them last month at Ewood WMC ahead of 1875, 70 people attended, the discussion around 1875 centered around marketing it, and 10,000 leaflets were to be distributed. 48 people kindly volunteered to assist in this and it was great. However over 7 planned leaflet drops, only 4 people go involved, the other 44 where too busy on all those days. 90% of those leaflets were delivered by members of the groups committee, or others directly involved with the organisation of the protests.

The Mural was the same, i wasn't involved in any discussion about the Mural, that was discussed at a meeting of around 70 people, yet in the week it was being planned i was asked if i'd do all the media work for it cos nobody on the organisation could or would do it, the words used was 'there is a mural without an owner'.

Open meetings are great, but people turn up to not actually do anything in the long run. In my opinion, to postpone all plans of protests, to wait 10 days for people to turn up to a meeting, for them to listen, promise to help and than go away from the meeting and not actively get involved in any of the work, just then leaves the same few trying to do everything rushed in a shorter space of time.

Its time consuming to wait, when the results are the same.

• Backroom

Paul/Mark, really glad to hear that discussions are already underway regarding Brentford.

The Rovers Trust will have a representative at the meeting so it would be good if BRAG did too along with Ewood Blues.

I assume we will know the plan of action before Monday for the next protest, obviously people will have ideas that could maybe branch off from that to strengthen the protest, I.e. fireworks at the last one although they didn't make much of an impact admittedly!

There are obviously other things that need discussing, advert in India, Mural etc.. it would be brilliant to have the input and experience of the action group at the meeting.

The reason I believe 18-75 worked well within the ground is that folk didn't need to alter their routine. Arrive as normal, just don't go to your seat. A ready made protesting army landing on the organisers laps.

Pre game marches etc., with fans expected to turn up an hour or more before the match just haven't worked and I doubt they ever will.

Spot on, this is what was said in the very first discussion about the 18-75 in August.

People changing their routines and being asked to do something they normally wouldn't do, requires effort and reduces numbers and therefore it needed to be something that fitted in with what people where already doing....that was key.

That is a key factor in why it worked

Paul/Mark, really glad to hear that discussions are already underway regarding Brentford.

The Rovers Trust will have a representative at the meeting so it would be good if BRAG did too along with Ewood Blues.

I assume we will know the plan of action before Monday for the next protest, obviously people will have ideas that could maybe branch off from that to strengthen the protest, I.e. fireworks at the last one although they didn't make much of an impact admittedly!

There are obviously other things that need discussing, advert in India, Mural etc.. it would be brilliant to have the input and experience of the action group at the meeting.

Work dependent, i plan to attend.

I'd expect details to be out regarding the Brentford before Monday, which was my point in the original post. If things branch off from that, then fantastic - and i agree the protest should be discussed at the meeting, however it is too long to wait to be reflecting and coming up with ideas on the next protest, far too long to wait. The discussions on that began at around 8pm Saturday.

I am 100% certain that we will have a representative present, and i hope to attend myself.

Work dependent, i plan to attend.

I'd expect details to be out regarding the Brentford before Monday, which was my point in the original post. If things branch off from that, then fantastic - and i agree the protest should be discussed at the meeting, however it is too long to wait to be reflecting and coming up with ideas on the next protest, far too long to wait. The discussions on that began at around 8pm Saturday.

I am 100% certain that we will have a representative present, and i hope to attend myself.

Discussions from many happened then and have continued throughout since, a meeting was hoped for this week, but the EWMC Was not available this week and for continuity of attendee's and hoping a few more could attend, the same venue has been chosen.

I Must stress this is not an open supporters meeting, but more of a follow up on the last meeting at EWMC.

Like you, I'm also talking to the MP's, A number of key people in India including business's, whilst also talking to further key witnesses who have come forward as part of the investigation. This is an on-going process which I have done for 6 years and continue to do so.

Its vital collaboration meetings take place, to ensure things are not duplicated, or opportunities missed by being executed incorrectly.

Discussions from many happened then and have continued throughout since, a meeting was hoped for this week, but the EWMC Was not available this week and for continuity of attendee's and hoping a few more could attend, the same venue has been chosen.

I Must stress this is not an open supporters meeting, but more of a follow up on the last meeting at EWMC.

Like you, I'm also talking to the MP's, A number of key people in India including business's, whilst also talking to further key witnesses who have come forward as part of the investigation. This is an on-going process which I have done for 6 years and continue to do so.

Its vital collaboration meetings take place, to ensure things are not duplicated, or opportunities missed by being executed incorrectly.

I read about the meeting on Facebook this morning, i didn't even know one had been planned, i knew you was considering one because u mentioned it to me on Saturday Evening.

I have media interviews to do later and tomorrow as they want to discuss what the next steps are already.

Next Monday is being marketed as an 'Open supporters meeting, with EVERYONE welcome to attend' that is what the post said that i read, when i first found out one was even happening, so that is where the confusion has come from about whether it is an open meeting or not.

I agree collaboration meetings should take place, however as above i first read it when it was announced on Facebook and it certainly states its an open supporters meeting, so this should be more clear.

Glen are more people coming forwards now than before?

Yes, I have three very important meetings in the next 2 weeks, of which two of these are with people who are without doubt the best witnesses we have had yet. Its taking quite a while and a number of conversations to get these set up and its part of why the EWMC Meeting is important next week for me personally, as a few volunteers came forward to help with this investigation, which I want to being into the fold

Archived