BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loads of good press tonight. BBC, Telegraph, comments from Alan Myers.

If the protests aren't effective we will get rinsed on Sunday in the papers. Over to you...

Many asked if the 1875 had any real benefit and questioned how it would gain publicity. I think the media coverage over the last few days has been spot on..... now it needs numbers.... The platform has been provided, the stage set..... Tell the world you want Venkys Out

Many asked if the 1875 had any real benefit and questioned how it would gain publicity. I think the media coverage over the last few days has been spot on..... now it needs numbers.... The platform has been provided, the stage set..... Tell the world you want Venkys Out

Well I hope so, ..but it won't ever be enough on its own. Here's to organic protest. Blow the whistle on Venky's!

Just a couple of thoughts on future protesting ideas.

Firstly, banners at the games. Great to see plenty of Venky's Out type banners today but, how about some more thought provoking ones. Say, "FA You Should Be Ashamed", or "Investigations Required Into Irregularities." Or, "Scudamore Stayed Silent - Was He Bought?" Something that any wannabe reporters could try and get their teeth into. Get the press and media out there thinking. May be a funding campaign to get some decent ones made.

Secondly, a campaign to specifically target why Cheston's managerial target of Warnock, after being agreed, was scuppered at the 11th hour when Coyle was appointed. Why, for what reason and who was/is pulling the strings. There is so much info that Glen & Co have gathered. So much to go at but, keeping it simple and homing in on just this point will quite possibly get the apathetic fans interested, should the LT grow a pair and run a story on it. It could then open more doors into Kentaro/SEM, shady Glasgow characters and so on.

Firstly, banners at the games. Great to see plenty of Venky's Out type banners today but, how about some more thought provoking ones. Say, "FA You Should Be Ashamed", or "Investigations Required Into Irregularities." Or, "Scudamore Stayed Silent - Was He Bought?" Something that any wannabe reporters could try and get their teeth into. Get the press and media out there thinking. May be a funding campaign to get some decent ones made.

Secondly, a campaign to specifically target why Cheston's managerial target of Warnock, after being agreed, was scuppered at the 11th hour when Coyle was appointed. Why, for what reason and who was/is pulling the strings. There is so much info that Glen & Co have gathered. So much to go at but, keeping it simple and homing in on just this point will quite possibly get the apathetic fans interested, should the LT grow a pair and run a story on it. It could then open more doors into Kentaro/SEM, shady Glasgow characters and so on.

Agree about shaming the FA. We know they wont do anything but the media would love it.

I agree with thought provoking banners to go along with the usual Venky's Out etc. I love the FA/Shame one and "Scudamore stayed silent. Was he bought " is brilliant. I wanted "Scudamore washed his hands more often than Pliate"...but you can see I have issues!

Frustrating day for me having to sit at home all day then watch it on the box after my busted knee flared up again but personally i thought the 1875 went well. No idea what else went on but i was proud of the fans who took part and disgusted at those fairies who booed them.

Fair enough you don't agree but that was the worst thing that came across on the TV and made for the worst bit of atmosphere in the game. Pricks. Must have been a group near the mikes in the riverside because it was audioble but in true fashion of those types there wasn't a peep seemed to come from there in actual support of the team.

Great effort on the BBE and the few hundred in the DE, Blackburn end looked to have about 250 scattered about until 18 then about 2k emerged. Plenty comments in support on twitter from other fans, your always going to get mickey taking that's just football. All the negative stuff seemed to come from a lot of our own straight after the equalizer they were obviously just waiting for so they could fire off their pre thought out smart arse abuse. Sad.

Anyway it was noticed plenty and hopefully if it passed without incident it can be hailed a success. Their goal will be forever etched in the minds of some now though as being down to the leavers even though Wolves had a good spell of pressure several times in the game. I mean we never concede late at home do we .....

I have one that reads...

F.A.

SCUM

"venkys killed rovers .and the fa did nothing "

The FA did FA. I Fact we could create a new governing body acronym. FA investigate FA also known as FAIFA. Get it banded and out there as instantly recognisable with what they did for our plight.

Who REALLY runs our club?

The LT should run some proper investigative journalism on all this it's their duty but the scousers and dingles running it couldn't give a stuff.

'You can't ask Owen about the protests' - Oh ok chief.

In walk SKY straight to Coyle before the game 'So there's going to be protests what have you got to say on it'

LT are a waste of good trees OR are they a bit scared of someone somewhere ? They have stuck the boot in Venkys a time or two but the other dark forces have escaped totally. I've rarely heard Anderson/SEM/Kentaro from them and never ever Cresendo/Huber/Sella etc. How are mainstream supporters supposed to be aware of these things if the local paper won't mention them for some suspicious reason.

Just not good enough, fans have a right to know now.

LT are a waste of good trees OR are they a bit scared of someone somewhere ? They have stuck the boot in Venkys a time or two but the other dark forces have escaped totally. I've rarely heard Anderson/SEM/Kentaro from them and never ever Cresendo/Huber/Sella etc.

Agree entirely. I think the whole scenario of what has happened is too much for our local tinpot newspaper. However, if they were to home in specifically on the Warnock/Coyle appointment, there shouldn't be any problems with possible legal action and thereafter, it should, in turn, lead to other irregularities that have taken place.

I made a post about the turnover in the last 6 years being £350 million plus a few months ago. Add the debt to that and we are certainly looking at over £500 million, which is a staggering amount. In the post I made, I also suggested that the owners, will almost certainly have been taking an Income and would expect that to be significant. I am not too sure how we would go about proving that, but perhaps someone with any knowledge about how the freedom of information act works, may be able to help?

'Asset stripping is a method in which a company or individual known as a corporate raider attains control of another company and then auctions off the acquired company assets.

The sold assets are often used to repay the debt of the corporate raider which may have been increased due to acquisition.

The process of asset stripping is utilised by corporate raiders in order to repay the debts they may have whilst increasing their net worth.

A company that may be susceptible to asset stripping is a company whose individual assets are worth more than it's collective net worth'

Hmmmm....

'Asset stripping is a method in which a company or individual known as a corporate raider attains control of another company and then auctions off the acquired company assets.

The sold assets are often used to repay the debt of the corporate raider which may have been increased due to acquisition.

The process of asset stripping is utilised by corporate raiders in order to repay the debts they may have whilst increasing their net worth.

A company that may be susceptible to asset stripping is a company whose individual assets are worth more than it's collective net worth'

Hmmmm....

Spot on and add up the value of the players when they bought they club, who they went on to sell. The money bound to be coming in for 1 and a half years in the premier almost guaranteed and the parachute money. Add to that the players frozen out due to bonuses being triggered and you have a potential no brainer. Someone seized an opportunity with both hands, and we the supporters are still paying the price.

Spot on and add up the value of the players when the bought they club, who they went on to sell. The money bound to be coming in for 1 and a half years in the premier almost guaranteed and the parachute money. Add to that the players frozen out due to bonuses being triggered and you have a potential no brainer. Someone seized an opportunity with both hands, and we the supporters are still paying the price.

I think we need a simple, succinct card/chart depiction of this as publicity material.

I think we need a simple, succinct card/chart depiction of this as publicity material.

I agree and maybe a player affected by being frozen out and bonus not being paid to pass a comment or two. As we all know with the leaked documents, Salgado was on side with the suporters and was one of the players, highly likely to have been frozen out, to avoid the owners paying him a bonus.

Another meeting scheduled for Monday 7th November again at Ewood Working Men's Club from 7pm. What went right & wrong with 18/75, what's been learnt and where we go from here.

All invited, everyone welcome.

Venkys mentioned in parliament

http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2016-17/611

Pressure on the FA is paramount at this time, we must go after them as they are the ones under microscope and that's where the cracks will form and then things could start to happen.

Venky's are too far removed to have any impact on, keep it close to home and results my follow.

Rob Coar, get your solicitor on speed dial.

Another meeting scheduled for Monday 7th November again at Ewood Working Men's Club from 7pm. What went right & wrong with 18/75, what's been learnt and where we go from here.

All invited, everyone welcome.

Without sounding pedantic, I'm sure the organisers of the 18 75 have already held preliminary discussions how 1875 went.

Archived