BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anyway this forum can actually pull people together have a skype meeting any type of meeting to discuss. I won't knock the other groups as they have done some good charity work, Glen is a massive credit to Rovers as well. However, I truly believe we need a taskforce that sole aim is to re-integrate fans who have been neglected by using the wrong words and messages. It shouldn't be about protesting right now it should be about mending bridges and pulling all in one direction. Once everyone is on board then we can actually think of a way to get our message across. Whether it be the media, the owners, football authorities and so forth. We need one unit, saying the same one word, all pulling to get our Rovers back.

Is there anyway this forum can actually pull people together have a skype meeting any type of meeting to discuss. I won't knock the other groups as they have done some good charity work, Glen is a massive credit to Rovers as well. However, I truly believe we need a taskforce that sole aim is to re-integrate fans who have been neglected by using the wrong words and messages. It shouldn't be about protesting right now it should be about mending bridges and pulling all in one direction. Once everyone is on board then we can actually think of a way to get our message across. Whether it be the media, the owners, football authorities and so forth. We need one unit, saying the same one word, all pulling to get our Rovers back.

Speak to @MCMC1875 and PK1875, lads have a supports action meeting. Not to mention @Glenmullan9 on twitter who is as passionate as anyone.

Meeting on the 21st dec if your making it?

Speak to @MCMC1875 and PK1875, lads have a supports action meeting. Not to mention @Glenmullan9 on twitter who is as passionate as anyone.

Meeting on the 21st dec if your making it?

Cheers I did speak to Glen at one point but it went a bit dead since. Being a London based Rover who travels a lot I rarely have the time to go north. I actually never been to Blackburn but been going to all London based games since i was a kid. I just feel that some of strategies that individuals are using are either not working or just not the right ones. So I am desperate to get involved even though I understand it is hard to do so while being far away

I wonder how many will be saying they "lost because of the protest

Your right, the hard of thinking brigade will trot that one out.

Also Sheff U fans singing ' there's only on Sisu'. They are and scummy club.

Can't believe the amount of clubs in British football who are so poorly run and who have passed the fit and popper test. For me the only option Rovers fan can take moving forward is really doing everything they can to communicate with all Rovers Fans. To many fingers have been pointed towards other calling them not real fans if they don't protest and others name calling each other. After these last 6 years Venky's have taken advantage of Rovers disorganised fan base to continue with business as usual with us barely able to make our voices heard. I remember when Wimbledon FC had the whole issue with MK Dons they had trust members with stands at every entrance for the home fans handing out leaflets explaining what there goal are, trying to find a way to get everyone involved. People seem to perceive that the answer is only destruction. When the answer should be pushing for unity getting everyone involved asking fans what do they want, how much involvement they want. More importantly finding out what are the fans who refuse to protest or the ones who stay away from games are doing and how can we get them back involved in the fight in a different and more effective way. Rovers Fans are in there 100,000 across the world yet we only hear about a small group protesting. Not only do we need to get real but so does our strategy and our fight.

I know I will only get pilloried on here for this but just stop dreaming up fantasy protests.

The simplest and most effective protest is just to sit down on the steps between rows of seats and sit peacefully no matter what happens.

How many stewards or police to safely move just one person sat down? Three.

How many people just sat down, a few hundred?

How many stewards and police on duty and on call? Not enough.

Is a match allowed to continue whilst people peacefully sit down blocking access routes? Possibly but I doubt it.

I know I will only get pilloried on here for this but just stop dreaming up fantasy protests.

The simplest and most effective protest is just to sit down on the steps between rows of seats and sit peacefully no matter what happens.

How many stewards or police to safely move just one person sat down? Three.

How many people just sat down, a few hundred?

How many stewards and police on duty and on call? Not enough.

Is a match allowed to continue whilst people peacefully sit down blocking access routes? Possibly but I doubt it.

good idea can start on the 18th minute

David Dunn@daviddunny8 25m25 minutes ago

Protest !! That's cost them Sheffield Utd caught them cold 1f648.png

Dunn should really keep his thoughts to himself after his 'get real' comments which riled lots of Rovers supporters and was seen by some as veiled support for Kean. As he purports to be a Rovers fan he should understand that for Coventry supporters it has gone beyond results on the pitch. They are frustrated and not being listened to by anybody and this has clearly manifested into anger. Mark Venus has gone on record saying the pitch invasion did NOT affect the result, simply that Sheffield United were better.

Anger is usually a last resort and I look forward to the day when the majority of us are angry enough to stage a significant demonstration.

Whilst I applaud the effort, unless owners are forced to listen this will not change. At some points fans of clubs like ours, Coventry, Blackpool, Charlton, etc will need to come together to protest against the FA and the government. Hooligan football fans were tackled and removed from the game. Hooligan owners need to be dealt with in the same way. Football is part of the fabric of British culture, and a focal point for communities, and is not a series of high street 'names' that can be replaced by new ones when the footfall drops.

I remember he said rovers don't need fans like me when I asked him on lancs if hed been in postal all afternoon when he said we would get promoted 100% .....yet here we still are.

I remember him parking his Porsche (I think ) in a disabled bay in town many years ago.

Archived