BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit I am extremely surprised his comments haven't appeared on this site. I have just seen a photo on facebook of the newspaper report and I immediately came on to this site to check authenticity but no mention whatsoever.

The report is by a journo called Derek Davis but can't fathom which paper it is.

I actually agree with a lot of what he says. He criticises the way the club is run at the top. But at the same time perhaps has a dig at the fans - debatable and open to interpretation.

Comments are:

"It starts at the top."

"The whole way the club is being run at Blackburn is obviously not right and rubs off on players and on the pitch. It is not clicking and stuff is happening at top of club. You have just scored a goal and you want to hear the fans behind you but we don't - all we hear is 'Venkys out.' It's not on. The fans are doing all these protests and it doesn't help. We don't help either with these performances. Something needs to change."

He knows it's rotten to the core and knows a move is in his best interest

Aside from the pop at the fans he's spot on. Can't be right though as Coyle said he wanted to stay.

Personally do not see it as a direct pop at the fans, taken in context of the full article to me he is saying the chant of venkys out after scoring is not right and is a symptom of the way the club is run

Personally do not see it as a direct pop at the fans, taken in context of the full article to me he is saying the chant of venkys out after scoring is not right and is a symptom of the way the club is run

Thanks for posting that picture. I agree with you, the think he could've worded it better (as in "fans don't help" because ultimately anyone who pays to watch can say what they like) but the "things are run badly at the top" said repeatedly is something to be done thankful for!

When and whom was the last player to do anything but toe the line?

Whatever he's said about the fans, and he's only stating he wishes it were different, he has directly pointed to how the club is run and how this is impacting on player performances.

For that I am grateful. He knows he's going of course so he can say what he likes!

Whatever he's said about the fans, and he's only stating he wishes it were different, he has directly pointed to how the club is run and how this is impacting on player performances.

For that I am grateful. He knows he's going of course so he can say what he likes!

Not if he wants to avoid the Balaji Bar!

He's telling it like it is warts and all but some will only take the bit they want to see and shake it like a dog with a rat because it suits their opinion.

The whole situation is no good to anyone and he covers that. Wonder if his former/soon to be gaffer has given him advice on how to shake the venky nest and book his exit.

Concrete proof that viable protests have an impact? Marshall may not have spoken out without them.

I guess the "board" will censure him and keep their heads down but it does speed up his departure.

I think you're right Stuart and I'm happy with all he has said.

Trouble is taken in isolation the fans chants not helping is proof for those who complain protest undermines the club and results.

I think you're right Stuart and I'm happy with all he has said.

Trouble is taken in isolation the fans chants not helping is proof for those who complain protest undermines the club and results.

Well quite simply Paul those who complain are simply wrong.

But lets have it right, at Ewood there is many a game without a single chant, and even when folk can be arsed it is usually isolated to a couple of dozen in the Darwen End and Blackburn End (block NO1).

Plus, depsite being in the bottom 3 all season, despite an absymal home record, despite these famed Burnley connections (i.e. won't get a chance, agendas etc. etc.), at Ewood their dear leader hasn't had a single chant aimed at his direction all season.

A cauldron of hate it ain't

It is HIGHLY unlikely that Ben will play on Saturday, after that, but if he does, those who are going need to let it be known that he has our support with what he has done. For the poets and musicians amongst us, get something sorted, as even if he doesn't play it can still be sung.

A good cheer when his name is read out and when he touches the ball will give the right message i think. Coyle of course will try and dress it up as something else. Obviously as said he's an agenda behind his words and a crafty move spilling it to a journo down there after the game but fair play he really didn't need to say all that but he did.

Sad thing is certain bits of it will get spun, sadly even by our own fans.......

Haven't we had decent results in every match that has had a protest Paul? Your constant vieled digs at the fans is getting old now.

This is total nonsense. I suggest you read my post again. This may help you to understand I agreed with Stuart and said the problem is Marshall's remarks taken out of context support the view of those against protests

Don't let the meaning of words distract you.

Archived