• Billy Davies
    • Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

Dont Venkys want to bring through youth players? Didnt Cheston say this in his LT site?

Joyce is an experience youth coach.

Warnock doesnt bring through youth players.

Warnock wants to retire in a year! This would be a last triumph for him if he won another promotion.

And for us!

The long-term would take care of itself by a short-them appointment that got us back in the Premiership.

Development of youth could then take place in entirely different and enhanced circumstances under a new manager. Win-win!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warnock wants to retire in a year! This would be a last triumph for him if he won another promotion.

And for us!

The long-term would take care of itself by a short-them appointment that got us back in the Premiership.

Development of youth could then take place in entirely different and enhanced circumstances under a new manager. Win-win!m

Off to bed; what a great dream. Hope to wake up tomorrow to that as a reality but suspect it will be more of a nightmare

Bowyer would be more sensible. At least he knows the club inside out and could pick up the reins quickly and smoothly and would probably keep us clear of relegation.

It might not be pretty and wouldn't impress a lot of people but Bowyer did enough to show he would keep us up whilst increasing player values. Which is surely what they are now after.

The irony of it all though. Arguably Bowyer is the best qualified of them all, and yet he's the one they sacked 6 months ago.

Available? Yes

Affordable? Yes

Would he take the job? Almost certainly

Brings decent financial returns on players? Yes

Can work to a limited budget? Yes

Keep the club clear of danger? Yes

3 wins out of 17 games? Can keep the club clear of danger? Big, fat NO to that one.

Youth Coach and Manager are completely different jobs and because Joyce is good at one doesn't mean he'll be good at the other. You don't even have to win games to be a successful youth coach, it's purely about development of players. At Man U he would have the cream of the wirkd's young players to develop, not the case with our first team squad I'm afraid. He' ever had to worry about tactics, or motivation of players, or team strategy or recruitment of players which are the main jobs if a manager.

What happened about the 3 or 4 man shortlist anyway? Was that another lie or were non of the candidates stupid enough to take the job?

Not sure I agree with the negativity around Joyce..... don’t get me wrong it’s not a perfect choice by any means but it simply is a better option than Redfern, Slade etc....... looking at it positively which is hard these days.... he could bring in or Loan and have first dibs on some of the promising MU youth.... after reading up about him he is also well respected, within the game and has a lot of contacts.. if Irvine, and Kelly are still here with him it "could" be a good management team.... or it could be a disaster.... but I certainly don’t think it’s the worse appointment.... if it were me I would personally go for Warnock who is proven.

Not sure I agree with the negativity around Joyce..... don’t get me wrong it’s not a perfect choice by any means but it simply is a better option than Redfern, Slade etc....... looking at it positively which is hard these days.... he could bring in or Loan and have first dibs on some of the promising MU youth.... after reading up about him he is also well respected, within the game and has a lot of contacts.. if Irvine, and Kelly are still here with him it "could" be a good management team.... or it could be a disaster.... but I certainly don’t think it’s the worse appointment.... if it were me I would personally go for Warnock who is proven.

Man how can Joyce be better than Redfearn or Slade, when both of them have managed at a higher level than Joyce? Im rather going to bang my head against Mrs D's pussy now

Man how can Joyce be better than Redfearn or Slade, when both of them have managed at a higher level than Joyce? Im rather going to bang my head against Mrs D's pussy now

Redfearn ...... Win ratio is disgusting .... Slade had a good backroom team around him and took the credit for bringing Cardiff 8th in the league..... my point is Joyce is unproven .... but I am guessing we would have the oportunity to have direct dibs on the up and coming youth at MU... I am guessing he would also contiue to work with Irvine .... not saying it going to work just looking at it with glass half full

Quite simple Iceman. Jim Iley had plenty of experience when he was appointed manager and laid the foundations for our relegation to Division Three. Howard Kendall had no managerial experience whatsoever and led us to promotion in his first season. Every appointment is a risk - some work, some don't but only time will tell. Every successful manager has to start somewhere and every manager who has been successful in the past tends to fail somewhere.

Redfearn ...... Win ratio is disgusting .... Slade had a good backroom team around him and took the credit for bringing Cardiff 8th in the league..... my point is Joyce is unproven .... but I am guessing we would have the oportunity to have direct dibs on the up and coming youth at MU... I am guessing he would also contiue to work with Irvine .... not saying it going to work just looking at it with glass half full

No time for glass half full type of take on things. Coaching a youth team and coaching a team in disarray are 2 totally different things.

We really cant afford to take chances with a another guy, looking to try his hand at managing at a high level, having never managed outside of a youth team. We shouldn't be looking at this guy.

Only reason is its a cheap option, and another yes man

Quite simple Iceman. Jim Iley had plenty of experience when he was appointed manager and laid the foundations for our relegation to Division Three. Howard Kendall had no managerial experience whatsoever and led us to promotion in his first season. Every appointment is a risk - some work, some don't but only time will tell. Every successful manager has to start somewhere and every manager who has been successful in the past tends to fail somewhere.

Howard Kendall joined a football club that was run by people who cared .

Cmon Parson, that maybe true, but what sort of club and environment is an inexperienced guy like Joyce heading into? Heck, Lambert walked away because of the situation and owners, and he is a seasoned pro as a manager.

• Backroom

Cmon Parson, that maybe true, but what sort of club and environment is an inexperienced guy like Joyce heading into? Heck, Lambert walked away because of the situation and owners, and he is a seasoned pro as a manager.

Exactly, comparing to a past era is pointless because the structure of the club is so fundamentally different (read: FUBAR).

Besides of which, we should have had enough of being a 'testing ground' for unproven managers. We've already had Kean, Berg, Appleton, Black and Bowyer... how many more amateurs do we have to cycle through before the penny drops?

Even an experienced manager will do well to keep our heads above water for the coming campaign. Advocating an inexperienced nobody is essentially accepting relegation as an absolute certainty.

Exactly, comparing to a past era is pointless because the structure of the club is so fundamentally different (read: FUBAR).

Besides of which, we should have had enough of being a 'testing ground' for unproven managers. We've already had Kean, Berg, Appleton, Black and Bowyer... how many more amateurs do we have to cycle through before the penny drops?

Even an experienced manager will do well to keep our heads above water for the coming campaign. Advocating an inexperienced nobody is essentially accepting relegation as an absolute certainty.

And we shouldnt accept anything. Honestly, i really am the last person to talk about protests, but blimey cmon guys over there, take these fools down and save our club. Ive been doing my bit on twitter and facebook, sending venkys emails etc and i wont stop until they stop this game that they are playing and feck off

Following Glen's comments in another thread last night it will probably be a Kentaro puppet. It really doesn't matter who our manager is when you combine them with our clueless and pig ignorant owners.

Yet again it's the ownership issue and the running of the club as a vehicle for underhanded dealings

These people make me sick TBF Lambert never had a chance and never was going to be given a chance

And we shouldnt accept anything. Honestly, i really am the last person to talk about protests, but blimey cmon guys over there, take these fools down and save our club. Ive been doing my bit on twitter and facebook, sending venkys emails etc and i wont stop until they stop this game that they are playing and feck off

well said, if ever there was a need to protest, its pretty much now... or at least once the season starts depending where this goes, but FFs, people already renewing their ST's...

well said, if ever there was a need to protest, its pretty much now... or at least once the season starts depending where this goes, but FFs, people already renewing their ST's...

You cant stop people renewing, that's their money. However, perhaps they should have made the club wait and sweat it out, by not running on the 1st day to buy tickets. Rushing out made it seem like people couldn't wait to see the club in action.

You cant stop people renewing, that's their money. However, perhaps they should have made the club wait and sweat it out, by not running on the 1st day to buy tickets. Rushing out made it seem like people couldn't wait to see the club in action.

We don't really know how many tickets where sold on the first day. I think when the final figures are in there is going to be a lot less season tickets holders this season, I'm not renewing so they two down already. I think changing seats has made a few people move quickly and ensure they get the best view, hence the 'doubled' sales. Also no matter what state we are in you can't expect to hear if the sales are slow can you.

Reading that headline from the LET you would believe they are flying off the shelves, just read a few threads and look at the situation to know sales will be down..

Anyway as for a manger the farce goes on.

Joyce was interviewed yesterday. Package agreed. He's asked for certain things re whole set up of the club etc. Wants to build the club from top to bottom. If he gets the right answer, the deal is done!

FYI - tough, tough guy. No messing and certainly no puppet.

We don't really know how many tickets where sold on the first day. I think when the final figures are in there is going to be a lot less season tickets holders this season, I'm not renewing so they two down already. I think changing seats has made a few people move quickly and ensure they get the best view, hence the 'doubled' sales. Also no matter what state we are in you can't expect to hear if the sales are slow can you.

Reading that headline from the LET you would believe they are flying off the shelves, just read a few threads and look at the situation to know sales will be down..

Anyway as for a manger the farce goes on.

Well in all honesty, last year there was one game on tv over here, and it looked from what i could see about 8 to 9000 people in. They announced the attendance at 14000 or there abouts, i was shocked. Surely, you cannot announce an attendance based on season ticket holders when they didnt enter the ground. Attendance should be measured against people physically walking through the turnstile on the day.

• Moderation Lead

The clappers gonna clap ... No matter how much damage is being done .

Right Abbey, but you kept going until Lambert walked away, which is your right. Similarly other people stopped going as soon as Venky's came onto the scene.

Everyone has different thresholds of what they will tolerate, which is their right as well. Mattyblue gave a good justification as to why he'd be renewing recently. As it happens, I'm on the fence, but if the managerial appointment is poor I'd probably be out as well.

Joyce was interviewed yesterday. Package agreed. He's asked for certain things re whole set up of the club etc. Wants to build the club from top to bottom. If he gets the right answer, the deal is done!

FYI - tough, tough guy. No messing and certainly no puppet.

i guess i cant be too disappointed if this comes true having had a bet on him at 8s...

still worth a few quid at his current odds.

Capture.png

Archived