• Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

Possibly on the money though...

Stuart is involved in the same junior team as said person, he may know.

Hughsey is a friend so I've no intention of discussing his personal life on a public forum.

That said, if he is happy with Coyle being appointed, I certainly don't agree with him.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt it, Al. Not because they're above that sorta thing, but they probably don't even know who our local rivals are!

Theres an assumption that they have actually read any of those tweets. As said elsewhere, he came home with his tail between his legs as soon as he thought there was a chance of a job locally.

• Backroom

A few on Twitter now seemingly encouraging to give him chance, I can see more division in the fan base on the cards which is a travesty.

Not sure how I will act yet, I have season tickets on reserve but not committed yet - I don't want to stop going but do I want to keep going???

A few on Twitter now seemingly encouraging to give him chance, I can see more division in the fan base on the cards which is a travesty.

Not sure how I will act yet, I have season tickets on reserve but not committed yet - I don't want to stop going but do I want to keep going???

It's more simple, for me. Can I stomach Owen Coyle on the touchline, in his Rovers training top, with the badge on his chest ?

No. He encapsulates the whole corrupt con.

I don't expect their pro-Coyle "campaign" to be trending any time soon!

Hughsey is a friend so I've no intention of discussing his personal life on a public forum.

That said, if he is happy with Coyle being appointed, I certainly don't agree with him.

No problem Stuart, wouldn't expect you to.

I won't be singing Owen coyle's blue and white army. More likely Owen coyle's still a c#%t, still a c#%t, still a c#%t, Owen coyle's still a c#%t, kentaro rent boy.

Slightly adapted so not wildly racist like the old song some chanted in his direction but still applicable to him. Or perhaps a more sinister:

We know where you live, we know where you live, Owen coyle, we know where you live.

This is not going to be popular but Coyle is a better choice than some names that have been talked about. Not my choice all all, but at least he does have a promotion on his CV.

However, contrary as this may seem my issue isn't that he has managed "that lot" but that his CV isn't exactly glowing. He did well with a very limited budget at Burnley but since then he's been a terrible manager. If he can rekindle what he managed at Burnley I wouldn't mind but I can't see it. His links to a certain agency also make me feel uneasy.

As I said earlier in the topic if Coyle was to get us promoted it would be a dream come true as they hate him and hate us even more. It'd be a double poke in the eye for the Yorkshire mutants but it's more likely he'll get us relegated and it'll make it all the more sweeter for them.

People are forgetting that when the going got tough at Burnley he jumped ship (he knew they were going down) and he walked out of his last job citing 'homesickness'. He took Bolton down, was sacked and was sacked at Wigan by one of the best chairman in football. He was average in Jockland.

If anybody believes that is a good enough CV then you deserve him.

This is not going to be popular but Coyle is a better choice than some names that have been talked about. Not my choice all all, but at least he does have a promotion on his CV.

However my issue isn't that he has managed "that lot" but that his CV isn't exactly glowing. He did well with a very limited budget at Burnley but since then he's been a terrible manager. If he can rekindle what he managed at Burnley I wouldn't mind but I can't see it. His links to a certain agency also make me feel uneasy.

As I said earlier in the topic if Coyle was to get us promoted it would be a dream come true as they hate him and hate us even more. It'd be a double poke in the eye for the Yorkshire mutants but it's more likely he'll get us relegated and it'll make it all the more sweeter for them.

Reality should maybe inform your opinion, not fantasy.

Sacked by Whealan because he was under suspicion of selecting players for 'other' reasons. We don't need to hear anymore than that really.

I suppose the fact he was crap played a part as well.

However, contrary as this may seem my issue isn't that he has managed "that lot" but that his CV isn't exactly glowing. He did well with a very limited budget at Burnley but since then he's been a terrible manager. If he can rekindle what he managed at Burnley I wouldn't mind but I can't see it. His links to a certain agency also make me feel uneasy.

Can't see past an ex-dingle who defended Kean and slated Rovers fans.

If he even was to do reasonably well with us (which he most certainly won't) the venkys would have him gone by Christmas anyway, and up would step Judan Ali....

Oh no, Mrs D publicly supports managers who are linked to her project partners, think he will get a nice big bonus after 12 months (doubled for relegation) and be here for as long as he wants. Then he can resign and pick up a nice big pay off

Oh no, Mrs D publicly supports managers who are linked to her project partners, think he will get a nice big bonus after 12 months (doubled for relegation) and be here for as long as he wants. Then he can resign and pick up a nice big pay off

fair enough! Sometimes in my darkest hours I wonder if kean got a bonus when we got relegated....

Reality should maybe inform your opinion, not fantasy.

If you read what I wrote and don't let emotion blind you, you will see it did.

My point is I don't care that he's an ex-Burnley manager at this stage, I care that he's not very good.

Can't see past an ex-dingle who defended Kean and slated Rovers fans.

That's the least of my cares under the Venky dictatorship. I just care about if he can do the job. Sadly I believe the answer to be no, he can't.

My point is I don't care that he's an ex-Burnley manager at this stage, I care that he's not very good.

That's the least of my cares under the Venky dictatorship. I just care about if he can do the job. Sadly I believe the answer to be no, he can't.

He got burnley promoted on a shoe string, so he can do the job, he's proven that once at least.

Coyle would not have been my choice, however, his record is far better than some of the names linked with Rovers and certainly better than the likes of Kean, Berg, Appleton etc. I think we could have done a lot worse.

Facts are that within 18 months of taking over at Burnley, they were promoted to the PL. He then joined Bolton mid season and kept them up in the PL and finished mid tablish the following season; the season they were relegated, Bolton were desperately unlucky with injuries. I have friends who are fans at Burnley and Bolton and I think it's fair to say that two thirds of them think Coyle did a more than okay job.

As I posted earlier, I do not think the timing of Coyle's exit from Houston is coincidental and may well account for the relative silence from Ewood on the managerial front for almost two weeks now.

Sorry but i am going to have to disagree with the first bit , looking at the list of names above in the poll , i would prefer almost every single one of them over Coyle . He has been @#/? everywhere since Burnley , and those saying his Burnley links arn't important , well @#/?! .. they're important to me because anybody , ANYBODY!! with the slightest knowledge of Blackburn Rovers would automatically know appointing one of theirs is never going to be a good move , this decision HAS to have been made out of spite and that matters

If he even was to do reasonably well with us (which he most certainly won't) the venkys would have him gone by Christmas anyway, and up would step Judan Ali....

We are now back to the dark days of Kean.

An unsackable manager who is building (up nice agents fee's) for the future.

Sadly, "El-Sackico" which was Rovers v Bolton (the loser would be bottom at Christmas) was between our worst ever manager and our newest manager.

The stuff of nightmares.

Eddie Howe did less for Burnlee than Snake Protector Coyle. We all know who we would pick between the two.

I dont want him because he's a crap SEM manager who slagged off Rovers fans. The dingle connection will just be a convenient excuse for the Sky druggies when he fails.

Archived