• Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

• Backroom

If there was money Lambert would still be here. With or without money Coyle is just plain wrong and a loser whichever way you look at it. Sorry, Chaddy, there are NO positives from this appointment if it goes ahead.

After Burnley his career has been a total downward spiral and there's no reason to assume that will change here.

Does anybody really think Owen Coyle has the nous to be successful at a club with no boardroom structure, no money, no squad and no communication with the owners? Even if you momentarily put aside his Kentaro/SEM links, it's obvious from his recent history that he simply isn't capable. The only type of manager that could keep our heads above water next season is an experienced, been-there-and-done-it manager like Warnock.

Coyle is a failure and will take the @#/? as he rakes in another undeserved pay packet. Whether they realise it or not, any fans supporting this appointment are supporting SEM and Venky's, not Blackburn Rovers.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coyle's would be appointment is not a surprise. Rumours have been gathering strength and pace since as early as last Thursday and put a dampener on a few days away. Is Coyle's Houston departure just coincidental timing or is there a little bit more to the story ?

We are where we are and sadly, I think the die is well and truly cast for Rovers.

Remember Hughesy who posted on here? He's currently praising the appointment on Twitter. Apparently it's good that he 'hates Burnley' as he will want to prove himself.

Some of the fans who didn't get involved in #VenkysOut yet are now posting in defence of Coyle are bizarre - what are their motives?

Maybe tantric tentacles has given them jobs as North West scouts

Just like any Rovers manager I would be willing to give Coyle a chance however what I find it hard to get past are his links to SEM. His agent Dave Sheron is SEM, although Alan Nixon insists that the relationship between Sheron and SEM ended a few years ago. This coupled with the fact that Pasha has links to Kentaro are deeply worrying and that is something that I find hard to get past. It will be back to the days of Kean when every signing we made there was a thought is this for the benefit of Rovers or for the third parties involved.

It is a total and utter farce I am afraid.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/oct/11/phil-gartside-bolton-wanderers-abyss

Sheron was up to his neck in it with that Bolton thing a few years ago wasn't he. Look at the state of the above. No wonder Bolton are in such hot water financially now is it?

Chaddy, your posts are becoming a parody of themselves.

Despite your bravado yesterday, we all know you'll still back Coyle and will be defending him on here in a few months time.

Didnt know you were a mind reader?

Like I said before this is a very poor appointment and like ParsonBlue has said no positive from this.

A very sad day to be Rovers fan

The whole interview process was a farce. Feels like it was all a smokescreen.

All the owners have done is fuel the Venkys out campaign even more which is great Imo. Doesnt really matter who is appointed while there's no structure off the pitch, it's all about making life uncomfortable for the owners until they leave.

Didnt know you were a mind reader?

Like I said before this is a very poor appointment and like ParsonBlue has said no positive from this.

A very sad day to be Rovers fan

I can just see the tables turning already. Fans need to stay strong and stay as far away from Ewood as possible (unless protesting outside the ground)

Remember Hughesy who posted on here? He's currently praising the appointment on Twitter. Apparently it's good that he 'hates Burnley' as he will want to prove himself.

Some of the fans who didn't get involved in #VenkysOut yet are now posting in defence of Coyle are bizarre - what are their motives?

Well Hughesy and the like deserve Coyle, Venkys, Sem/Kentaro and the shell of a club Rovers have become.

They are absolute idiots who deserve the above.

The same Hughsey who could predict the weather :-)

If Coyle appointed.............

Been a season ticket holder for 21 years........really struggling to get behind Coyle, and the seemingly Machiavellian forces behind his appointment.

I'm not going to say I'll stop going just yet, but its the first time I've ever seriously started thinking about missing the home matches.

Let me state the fact he's ex Burnley and/or ex Bolton has little or nothing to do with it.

I'd bite your hand off if offered Dyche, Howe or Allardyce.

A manager who was relegated from the Premier League with a whimper (the Fabrice Muamba situation deflected much of the deserved criticism), he was abysmal with a Premier League quality team at Wigan and his most recent job saw him resign (before pushed) by a MLS team!

That coupled with his techniques and courting of the media earlier in his managerial career and his lack of loyalty when he tasted some success.

I'll predict he doesn't last the season.

If he's still in charge at Christmas I'd be surprised.

As muted, it does seem like a cheap option and is a real kick in the gut for an already fractured and wounded fan base!

Archived