• Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

• Backroom

The managerial vacancy is nothing more than a side show chaps, it doesn't really matter who takes over, we're doomed until the owners sod off.

But one things for sure, if they appoint Owen Coyle and that doesn't unite the fanbase against the owners in never will.

There's already plenty of fans on twitter giving it the old "give him a chance" "get behind the lads" "rovers fans are just spoiled" nonsense. These people deserve this, the rest of us really don't.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's going to have to bring in quality players is not enthusiastic it's just a fact any manager faces.

Quit the borderline ADHD a number of posters have towards chaddy and just stick to the the script. Rovers are @#/?.

I very rarely get stuck into Chaddy but you are a serial pest. Don't tell me how to post Mr Resident Contrarian.

I very rarely get stuck into Chaddy but you are a serial pest. Don't tell me how to post Mr Resident Contrarian.

All you do is slag people off you never contributed once in 6 years I've posted here. Get a new hobby.

Didnt know you were a mind reader?

Like I said before this is a very poor appointment and like ParsonBlue has said no positive from this.

A very sad day to be Rovers fan

Will you and parson boycott for the cause or will you pay your blood money to SEM / Venky FC

All you do is slag people off you never contributed once in 6 years I've posted here. Get a new hobby.

Ha 47er its your turn now .

Hughesy ⚽@Hughesy84 1h1 hour ago

Exp of championship, Promotion on CV, Hatred of rivals, good in loan market - all things people like Joyce/ Slade etc don't have #Rovers

Hughesy ⚽Retweeted Scott Hansekowitsch

Too many intent on the blame game. Bad decisions/ slow appointments but continue to fund it regardless

Thought Hughesy might have wised-up over the years but nope, still a spanner.

What an absurd load of tripe. You're mixing me up with you.

Anyway, I'll end it here and you can annoy someone else.

Exp of championship, Promotion on CV, Hatred of rivals, good in loan market - all things people like Joyce/ Slade etc don't have #Rovers

Too many intent on the blame game. Bad decisions/ slow appointments but continue to fund it regardless

Its really hard not to end up name calling here, but I can't for the life of me understand how anybody can be that positive.

Results are what matters, if Coyle gets the results then whatever his connections are or his past history it will be quickly forgotten. I'm not that optimistic though as on every level the club seems to be in a real mess but we shall see.

With no money and 15 players, results will take care of themselves.

The football and manager are irrelevant at our club. It's so obvious now that it's untrue.

But everything he writes is correct though.

It's a very selective memory of Owen coyle. He's basically taking positives from his one Burnley season where they got promoted in 08 09 ish. The last 7 years have been an unmitigated disaster wherever he's been surely that's the more relevant thing to take away with Owen coyle.

Well I'm done with the club lads, it has been a pleasure talking to some of you at games since joining this board nearly 12 years ago.

I thought we were clean of SEM/Kentaro but appears not to be the case.

I'll be there when Venkys have finished destroying us...if that is in the northern counties league I look forward to seeing you guys by the side of a park pitch then.

It is too many of our fans backing Venkys blindly that is allowing this crap to happen, I hope they'll be there too when it all goes up up in flames...then again, they'll likely just go follow Man Citeh eh?!?

• Moderation Lead

It's not even worth taking on someone as utterly delusional as Hughesy. Just ignore him, he's clearly learnt nothing.

I think there comes a point where you simply have to walk away.

It's one thing supporting a club through the good times and bad times.

But this is something very different indeed.

The club's identity has changed, whoever owns/runs us is doing so for misanthropic reasons.

To continue to make an emotional investment in supporting the club is to commit yourself to more pain with no hope of reprieve.

Bell and End spring to mind immediately

I know the former club Doctor at Bolton, who was there when Coyle left Burnley and was appointed. On the first Friday he was there, he came in and dished out chocolate bars and sweets to the players. The Doc was responsible for monitoring, weight, blood sugar level BMI and so on, so popped in to Coyles office to have a word. He asked Coyle in a polite manner, if it was a good idea doing this, the day before a big game. Coyle closed the door and tore into him. He basically said, I am the boss around here and if you don't like what I do, you can ***k off.

But everything he writes is correct though.

Yeah, no. Coyle got the Scum promoted SEVEN YEARS AGO. It's all well and good having 'experience' but his last three jobs have been washouts. That's without getting into the stench of Kentaro that surrounds his appointment.

And Venky's aren't funding @#/?. They're just piling on more debt. Even if they were, does that mean we should be grateful for them bankrolling this nightmare?

It's my opinion that the Venkys are appointing Coyle to pay us back for the "Venkys out" tweets. It looks like pure spite to me in which case Coyle could be as much a victim as us. Does he realise the strength of feeling among the supporters? (Maybe ex supporters). He has very little chance from the outset.

It's my opinion that the Venkys are appointing Coyle to pay us back for the "Venkys out" tweets.

I doubt it, Al. Not because they're above that sorta thing, but they probably don't even know who our local rivals are!

It's my opinion that the Venkys are appointing Coyle to pay us back for the "Venkys out" tweets. It looks like pure spite to me in which case Coyle could be as much a victim as us. Does he realise the strength of feeling among the supporters? (Maybe ex supporters). He has very little chance from the outset.

It was obvious that something was afoot when he decided "to be closer to his family" on May 26th , obviously nothing to do with his complete failure at Houston Dynamos and jumping before he was pushed , so I don't think it is anything to do with the tweets.

He'll know exactly what he's walking into and in a way it's a no lose for him. Be a success and win us over and he's a big hero and big man. Fail and get the expected pelters and he hides behind the Burnley thing, praises the owners, slags the fans and with the aid of his agent buddies gets universal sympathy in the media like Kean.

The pay off to go with all his other recent ones sets him up for early retirement.

It was obvious that something was afoot when he decided "to be closer to his family" on May 26th , obviously nothing to do with his complete failure at Houston Dynamos and jumping before he was pushed , so I don't think it is anything to do with the tweets.

This is the left field long odds they've lumped their spread betting on across India weeks ago probably!

Archived