• Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joyce fit the profile that Venkys want. They want a manager/head coach to bring youth players.

Man Utd fans rate him highly.

I wonder if they have spoken to him off the record to gain his interest in the job. If Rovers have an official approach then surely he is interest.

Have Pasha spoken to Gary Neville or Sir Alex about Joyce? Who recommend him to Pasha?

I doubt sir Alex would even give the likes of Pasha the time of day

Sit back and try to imagine for a minute the moment in the talks/interview when Neil Warnock asks Pasha/Cheston what resources he would get to rebuild the squad. Try to imagine what answer he would get when he asks for direct communication with the owners, or what the clubs short term ambitions are, or who runs the club.

He's been a professional football manager for 35 years and will have never had to work for a club with no chairman, no CEO, no board, absentee foreign owners. Even the nutters at QPR were hands on in their running of the club and had an aim for where they wanted to go.

No doubt some sort of talks with him took place, but Warnock probably ran a mile after realising what an unprofessional cowboy outfit this club is. From the outside looking in he probably fell for the same mistake as Lambert and believed it was a club with all the ingredients in place which if well managed could quickly become successful. Then when you get onto the inside anyone with experience of professional football would very quickly realise that there is something very wrong here.

Who has been conducting these interviews? The mysterious Pasha (the man who has no position at the club, no work permit, no track record in football) or the accountant-cum-only director of the club Cheston (who has somehow ended up as the only full time member of staff on the board and the only man left on the ground). How would either of these inexperienced individuals possibly handle a personality like Neil Warnock in an 'interview'? Warnock would see through them before they even opened their mouths. A shame because it shows once again that the decent managers would take an interest in coming here due to the club's status and reputation in the world, but that the shoddy and unprofessional 'structure' in place thanks to Venkys means we will probably scare off any decent candidates and end up with someone who tells them what they want to hear.

Blackburn Rovers Football Club and we want Warren Joyce as manager. What a complete and utter disgrace. I'd be surprised if Accrington Stanley or Blackpool made an appointment like that.

Some Information I found on Warren Joyce.

Joyce was born in Oldham, Lancashire, the son of Walter Joyce, the former Burnley, Blackburn Rovers and Oldham Athletic player, and began his career as a trainee with Bolton Wanderers in 1981. Working his way up into the first team he became known for being a tigerish midfielder who never gave less than 100%.This made him a firm favourite with the Burnden Park fans and in six years with the club made a total of 221 appearances for the Trotters scoring 21 goals.

Warren Joyce is now 2/1 second favourite now behind Warnock at 6/5. The chances of Warnock are pretty slim, so I suggest we lump on. I think the odds have tumbled today from what I can gather he was 12/1 this morning. Seems like a done deal and my bet has just gone on him.

I have I got this right, the only manager that the Venky's appointed called their bluff and walked and we are now talking to some unknown from manure after the only other manager in sight did not agree terms with the Venky's accountant.

WHAT THE EFFIN HELL ARE YOU DOING VENKY'S THIS USED TO BE A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUB. SELL UP FFS

I'd like to know where the 'link' is here. Who has recommended Joyce? I find it hard to believe that Pasha or Cheston had ever heard of him before. Irvine and Kelly? Possibly, but there's something wrong if their word is so influential in this appointment.

No way has he just submitted an application and been cherry picked as the best of them all. Someone somewhere behind the scenes has pushed him and convinced the powers that he's the best man for the job.

I'd like to know where the 'link' is here. Who has recommended Joyce? I find it hard to believe that Pasha or Cheston had ever heard of him before. Irvine and Kelly? Possibly, but there's something wrong if their word is so influential in this appointment.

No way has he just submitted an application and been cherry picked as the best of them all. Someone somewhere behind the scenes has pushed him and convinced the powers that he's the best man for the job.

Wonder who his agent is

If it happens It's a Bowyer level of hire, just external this time.

They have learnt nothing.

Bowyer would be more sensible. At least he knows the club inside out and could pick up the reins quickly and smoothly and would probably keep us clear of relegation.

It might not be pretty and wouldn't impress a lot of people but Bowyer did enough to show he would keep us up whilst increasing player values. Which is surely what they are now after.

The irony of it all though. Arguably Bowyer is the best qualified of them all, and yet he's the one they sacked 6 months ago.

Available? Yes

Affordable? Yes

Would he take the job? Almost certainly

Brings decent financial returns on players? Yes

Can work to a limited budget? Yes

Keep the club clear of danger? Yes

I think there must be some truth to it, Rovers would have had to ask Man U permission to talk to him and at a huge club like that it will be well publicized.

I agree with Den, it's much easier to bring talent through Man United with the resources available and the world famous brand allowing them to scout and bring in some of the best young talent in the world. I don't see how Venky's think we replicate that, someone must be advising them and they are buying into this BS.

Personally think there as been some crossed wires here, Mrs D and Blingy are after William Joyce for the new comms position after hearing what a good job he did getting a message out a few years ago despite being on the losing side - Pune Calling This is Pune Calling

I wish they had a game called "Football club owner" available 6 years ago just like Football manager. Maybe we would have been better off. :)

I wish there had been an embargo on foreign owners

Karl Robinson - MK Dons Manager - has turned Leeds United down having talked to the owner. A toxic Club under Cellino; we are fast becoming another. Good on Robinson for having the guts to do that. Hope Joyce tells us where to stick it!

I get it, they're trying to get Rashford on loan, genius plan

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they saw United's cup win at the weekend, saw that academy products Rashford and Lingard are doing well, identified who was responsible/coached them at youth level, and then just decided to go for Joyce.

After all we know how much they want us to have young players that can be sold for a profit, it's been the plan ever since the beginning. Results? Nah, irrelevant.......

The way United have treated Van Gaal is shocking; a repeat of the Moyes scenario when he learnt through the media. Why raise this on here? Well, it shows that owners don't really care that much what fans think nor the existing Manager (sounds like Van Gaal learnt the news from his wife on the BBC website on Sat evening). They are totally focussed on their own ends; sounds familiar? The difference is as a hugely successful Club - with the ability to attract the best - they get away with it. We don't; the Venkys fundamentally treat us the same way as the Man Utd board but we are a small (and getting smaller) fish in a large pond whose attraction to quality Managers is slowly but surely dying - a bit like the Club

Thats why I suggest have Venkys/Pasha had a recommendation from someone like Sir Alex or Gary Neville.

Dont Venkys know Gary Neville after they bought GN house months after the bought Rovers???

Archived