• Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite obviously a capital letter joke.

As quite obviously my reply was .. But. Not like you to stick your nose in something of no concern to you is it ?

When gav talks about venkys not giving Warnock assurances then it means joyce is likely to be just grateful to be given a job, which means he will be another yes man, not good!!!

Only a yes man and ass licking will be allowed

Can I just ask why people think Joyce would want the job? Imo it's got so bad that we might well get rejected by a bloke nobody wants anyway.

On the subject of coaches becoming managers. Everyone starts somewhere. But at 52 is Joyce likely to have taken this long to be ready? And secondly we have a god awful record of appointing duffers. Worringly during Venkys tenure we've probably had a coach in the hot seat for about 90% of the time. That's scary.

Can I just ask why people think Joyce would want the job? Imo it's got so bad that we might well get rejected by a bloke nobody wants anyway.

On the subject of coaches becoming managers. Everyone starts somewhere. But at 52 is Joyce likely he's taken this long to be ready? And secondly we have a god awful record of appointing duffers. Worringly during Venkys tenure we've probably had a coach in the hot seat for about 90% of the time. That's scary.

The situation come Aug will be a Blackpool scenario before they kicked off there last championship season 2 years ago

The situation come Aug will be a Blackpool scenario before they kicked off there last championship season 2 years ago

And the happy clapping head in the sand folk will still be there blindly supporting what the venkys have done and continue to do and then slate folk who want to make a stand has tremblers and enemies of the club .

If you want rid stand up and make a stand , don't profess to hate them yet still get behind the decisions that the toe rags have done .

Are you for or agin the puneatics ?

And the happy clapping head in the sand folk will still be there blindly supporting what the venkys have done and continue to do and then slate folk who want to make a stand has tremblers and enemies of the club .

If you want rid stand up and make a stand , don't profess to hate them yet still get behind the decisions that the toe rags have done .

Are you for or agin the puneatics ?

Can I ask Abbey, genuinely, are there many of these left? Is there a vocal contingent in Ewood who still talk like this?

Good write up here of Joyce's Achievements as a coach, worked with some excellent young players over the years, likes to play attack football, but(again) as we all know better than most, the step up from coach to manager is enormous and being a manager requires skills that coaches don't usually have.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-coach-warren-joyce-10787378

Good write up here of Joyce's Achievements as a coach, worked with some excellent young players over the years, likes to play attack football, but(again) as we all know better than most, the step up from coach to manager is enormous and being a manager requires skills that coaches don't usually have.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-coach-warren-joyce-10787378

We're @#/? then

On the subject of coaches becoming managers. Everyone starts somewhere. But at 52 is Joyce likely to have taken this long to be ready? And secondly we have a god awful record of appointing duffers. Worringly during Venkys tenure we've probably had a coach in the hot seat for about 90% of the time. That's scary.

Agree that if Joyce was to have made it to manager he would be there now. At 52 he knows that.

Venky's are the problem. Whoever we get, unless there is a complete change, the negatives will continue.

Joyce will have worked with hundreds of cream of the crop youngsters. So the numbers that United have in their system there's bound to be some that make it through the ranks.

Steve Heighway never became a manager.

Is 1/1 good?

Just reflects how much the punters are betting...

But worth knowing earlier today Warnock was drifting to 2/1 whilst Joyce was at 1/1 so they've almost swapped.

This is as per sky bet mind.

Goes to show how much money you can make as a bookies if you have connections in the press. Money gets fired on whoever is the name in the back pages on a certain day.

Does it? How much money? Do you think there's a lot of turnover in these markets? Why do hardly any bookmakers bother with these markets - especially not media friendly bookies like paddy power?

Do you think journalists in broadsheets like the The Telegraph write bol*@cks and risk ruining their reputation for a couple of hundred quid backhanders from skybet?

We've been down the Man U Coach road before.

And we know how well that went...

Either Venkys are messing Warnock around, in order to appear to be looking for experience, (hello season ticket sales), or Warnock is playing Rovers to negotiate a better deal elsewhere.

Either way, Ive lost interest.

Does it? How much money? Do you think there's a lot of turnover in these markets? Why do hardly any bookmakers bother with these markets - especially not media friendly bookies like paddy power?

Do you think journalists in broadsheets like the The Telegraph write bol*@cks and risk ruining their reputation for a couple of hundred quid backhanders from skybet?

Yes I think many would and yes I think there's a lot of turnover in those markets...or else I wouldn't have said it would I?

Are you aware of the amount of @#/? printed in newspapers on a daily basis, often with the most tedious of quoteless links and have you noticed how it affects the betting?

Dario is and was class.

I've had the experience of Joyce first hand on a couple of occasions, He's a very funny character, engaging, very straight forward and forthright. He would be the type of person you'd enjoy playing for. Now, I'm not advocating his appointment because I'd just stick Irvine in if we're looking at such inexperience. However, compared to Bowyer, we'd be getting a bit of character, reminds me of the comedian Justin Moorhouse a bit......

Pretty much exactly what was being said of Brian Kidd before he arrived at Ewood..

If they want a cheap novice manager why not go down the player/manager route, someone close to the end of their playing career.

At least we might have one decent player then.

Oh wait, Venky's will never have heard of player/managers.

Archived