• Billy Davies
    • Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

I still don't get how this process is working.

The club released a statement last week saying they were down to 4 candidates and that interviews were underway.

Now today we're asking for permission to speak to Warren Joyce? So is he one of the 4? How can he be on the shortlist if he hasn't been spoken to yet? Has he been spoken to off the record?

Nixon reckons he isn't on the list of names and that Venkys are now deciding between them who gets the job.

I posted similar earlier. One can only assume if true (that we've contacted Utd) that the lunatics have completely changed their minds and criteria once again.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joyce fit the profile that Venkys want. They want a manager/head coach to bring youth players.

Man Utd fans rate him highly.

I wonder if they have spoken to him off the record to gain his interest in the job. If Rovers have an official approach then surely he is interest.

Have Pasha spoken to Gary Neville or Sir Alex about Joyce? Who recommend him to Pasha?

I posted similar earlier. One can only assume if true (that we've contacted Utd) that the lunatics have completely changed their minds and criteria once again.

www.confused.com.in

Joyce fit the profile that Venkys want. They want a manager/head coach to bring youth players.

I wonder if they have spoken to him off the record to gain his interest in the job. If Rovers have an official approach then surely he is interest.

Have Pasha spoken to Gary Neville or Sir Alex about Joyce? Who recommend him to Pasha?

Joyce fit the profile that Venkys want

How do you know that ?

If we're going to appoint a youth coach, we may just as well give one of our existing staff the job.

This guy has never been a manager, or even an assistant, at senior level.

Exactly what we don't need.

*Edit* A spell as player manager at Hull in 2000. Obviously a roaring success (not)

www.confused.com.in

Joyce fit the profile that Venkys want

How do you know that ?

Dont Venkys want to bring through youth players? Didnt Cheston say this in his LT site?

Joyce is an experience youth coach.

Warnock doesnt bring through youth players.

But there's a world of difference managing an under 21 set up - little pressure - and the cauldron that is the Premiership

• Moderation Lead

Let's be honest and cut all the nonsense- of all the candidates available Warnock is by far the best candidate, followed by Davies.

The rest of the candidates mentioned aren't good enough to manage this football club. We shouldn't be settling for an academy director regardless of how famous the club that currently employs him is. To clarify, it would be totally unacceptable to appoint Joyce rather than Warnock or Davies, and nobody should allow themselves to be convinced otherwise.

It's not saying very much at all but I'd rather we went for Joyce than someone like Redfern who we already know is a terrible manager. At least with Joyce there may be the slightest chance that he could turn out to be decent.

Clutching at straws in the extreme here!

Dont Venkys want to bring through youth players? Didnt Cheston say this in his LT site?

But crucially Warnock is a manager, and a very good one for the level we're at, whereas Joyce isn't.

I couldn't care less what United fans think. The majority of United 'fans' wouldn't even know who Joyce is, let alone his performance in the job. His job at United isn't manager. His job is to develop young players.

Our vacancy is for a manager.

Let's be honest and cut all the nonsense- of all the candidates available Warnock is by far the best candidate, followed by Davies.

The rest of the candidates mentioned aren't good enough to manage this football club. We shouldn't be settling for an academy director regardless of how famous the club that currently employs him is. To clarify, it would be totally unacceptable to appoint Joyce rather than Warnock or Davies, and nobody should allow themselves to be convinced otherwise.

Totally agree but odds on Warnock lengthening all the time; only evens now

I think we aren't interested in him and are about to make another clanger in the appointment of a Manager

If you are manager of a clubs U21's then you don't really have much choice other than to play a large number of youngsters. He's done a wonderful job with them apparently but I don't think it 100% guarantees that he will blood youngsters. He won't be inheriting United's youngster will he, we have no idea what kind of manager this Joyce chap will be.

That being said, I wonder if he'd get the option on some of their youngsters that need first team football in the championship.

Pasha is less likely than me to be able to pull up Neville or SAF's number and have a chat with them. He knows the square root of @#/? all.

Totally agree but odds on Warnock lengthening all the time; only evens now

I think we aren't interested in him and are about to make another clanger in the appointment of a Manager

I think all the Warnock talk was a 2+2=5 situation with him walking away from Rotherham and the media assuming he would be turning up here soon after. We all know that appointing Warnock was the most sensible of all the options suggested so far, so to expect the club to do it was always wishful thinking. There are still too many people nationwide who think we are a normal club who would appoint a sensible manager.

Why go for Warnock when you can be different and get Man Us kids coach? After all, we know better than everyone else in the football world. All these other clubs who haven't appointed Man Us reserve manager are clueless and have overlooked him. Its a good job we've got such qualified and rigorous people searching for our new manager.

Ok so didn't post anything last night as never like putting things on here Incase they don't turn out as expected and you get shot down on here! But my friend played in the charity match in chesterfield yesterday that Neil Warnock was managing in, warnock had told afew of the ex pros at chesterfield that he's got the rovers job. Have no reason to doubt the source but we're all aware things change in football very quickly and especially venkys

My gut feel is IF we have approached Man U for permission to speak to Joyce then he will get the job, we all know he will have been informally approached anyway so we would only follow through doing it officially if it has legs

Venkys could have changed there mind on warnock or this Joyce story could be nonsense and he's still in line for it. however my understanding is as of last night he was talking to people as if it was his job. Again just what I was told but from what I would class as a reliable source. I guess with rovers and venkys nobody really knows!

Ok so didn't post anything last night as never like putting things on here Incase they don't turn out as expected and you get shot down on here! But my friend played in the charity match in chesterfield yesterday that Neil Warnock was managing in, warnock had told afew of the ex pros at chesterfield that he's got the rovers job. Have no reason to doubt the source but we're all aware things change in football very quickly and especially venkys

My gut feel is IF we have approached Man U for permission to speak to Joyce then he will get the job, we all know he will have been informally approached anyway so we would only follow through doing it officially if it has legs

Venkys could have changed there mind on warnock or this Joyce story could be nonsense and he's still in line for it. however my understanding is as of last night he was talking to people as if it was his job. Again just what I was told but from what I would class as a reliable source. I guess with rovers and venkys nobody really knows!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggggghhhhhhhhhhhh! VENKYS OUT

I think all the Warnock talk was a 2+2=5 situation with him walking away from Rotherham and the media assuming he would be turning up here soon after. We all know that appointing Warnock was the most sensible of all the options suggested so far, so to expect the club to do it was always wishful thinking. There are still too many people nationwide who think we are a normal club who would appoint a sensible manager.

It was Warnock himself who told SSN editorial team that he was 'very close' to signing.

He was either telling the truth, or he was playing them to get interest from other clubs, or Rovers (Venkys) have had a change of heart. That is definitely what he told them, which accounts for SSN going with it on their bulletin, and the Sky Bet price at that time.

imagine finding out after we appoint joyce, we went for him over warnock :brfcsmilie:

31 mins ago - View on Twitter
Unlikely Warnock will take over at Blackburn after both parties failed to reach an agreement. Rovers have now approached Warren Joyce.

So ridiculous its almost funny. Go from one extreme to the other. Approach the most experienced and successful manager possible in Warnock who has no reputation for developing youngsters, don't reach an agreement so go to the other extreme of a nonentity who has never managed at this level and whose only selling point is his supposed track record with youth.

Yep. Makes zero sense as ever.

So ridiculous its almost funny. Go from one extreme to the other. Approach the most experienced and successful manager possible in Warnock who has no reputation for developing youngsters, don't reach an agreement so go to the other extreme of a nonentity who has never managed at this level and whose only selling point is his supposed track record with youth.

Yep. Makes zero sense as ever.

If this comes to fruition there needs to be a major boycott of Season Ticket sales

Problem is Chaddy, the squad needs experienced, quality players in several positions NOW, to strengthen what is at the moment a relegation squad. We dont need another coach on board.

Excuse me as well for being a bit cynical about his success as U21 coach at Man Utd - a club who can and do, bring in some of the best youngsters from around the world. Be difficult to fail at that I would imagine. Sorry, I don't see anything that suggests he's what we need at Ewood as a first team manager. Academies are for providing youngsters.

Problem is Chaddy, the squad needs experienced, quality players in several positions NOW, to strengthen what is at the moment a relegation squad. We dont need another coach on board.

Excuse me as well for being a bit cynical about his success as U21 coach at Man Utd - a club who can and do, bring in some of the best youngsters from around the world. Be difficult to fail at that I would imagine. Sorry, I don't see anything that suggests he's what we need at Ewood as a first team manager. Academies are for providing youngsters.

I somewhat agree with you.

Im not saying I agree totally with approach at all.

I wasnt a fan of Warnock at all. I wanted Rowett or Monk or Holloway. Someone like that.

If appointed then we see what he is like.

The squad need experience but we have good young players and its time we bring them through.

Archived