• Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billy Davies or Warnock and I'd be happy. Both would keep us competitive in this league until Venkys bugger off.

Personally feel it will be Warnock. Have a feeling things will start to leak out later today.

Happy ? Ok

Can't see how anyone can be remotely happy .

This is interesting...

Hill wants the job but has not been contacted. Rovers dont bother.

Slade has just moved higher up at Cardiff and dont think Rovers are interested.

Redfearn, dont know where this come from.... surely not on Rovers hit list, think some journos made it up.

Now Davies emerged but has he been contacted or does he want to be contacted, strange interview.... I think they are working behind the scenes on this so could be a total surprise. But Warnock very much in frame but we will see....

I admire your optimism and I desperately hope that names like Davies and Warnock are in the running as they are suitable managers for a club of this size and stature.

It also goes to show that if either are interested that we are still a sellable club despite everything that has happened over the last few months and years.

But I'm not holding my breath. I expect this will end in disaster and I think the club are waiting on a new manager a) to sell as many season tickets as possible first B) to save on money.

How long has this been going on for now? 6 weeks? It's ridiculous.

Public announcement of Lambert's departure was 28th April.

Day 25 since the public announcement.

Day 46 since Lambert informed the club of his decision.

No rush though.

the likes of refearn and slade shouldnt be associated with a stature of our club yet they're a damn sight better than appleton, berg or kean ever were.

thought we got lucky with lambert in the first place, we truly are scraping the barrel.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/23/blackburn-approach-manchester-united-over-appointing-their-under/

Let the fun begin. What a joke this is.

the likes of refearn and slade shouldnt be associated with a stature of our club yet they're a damn sight better than appleton, berg or kean ever were.
thought we got lucky with lambert in the first place, we truly are scraping the barrel.

I'm not sure. Given time I'd prefer Berg to Redfearn.

I don't think we got lucky with Lambert. He's the calibre that we should be aiming for and expecting at this club. Clowns like those linked so far are unacceptable for a club of this size.

I admire your optimism and I desperately hope that names like Davies and Warnock are in the running as they are suitable managers for a club of this size and stature.

It also goes to show that if either are interested that we are still a sellable club despite everything that has happened over the last few months and years.

But I'm not holding my breath. I expect this will end in disaster and I think the club are waiting on a new manager a) to sell as many season tickets as possible first B) to save on money.

Agree JH - but there are still those that still can't see that the loons have to go and until this stupid merry go round stops we cannot progress on any front.

Every single thread at the moment on this board goes into repeat mode ad-nauseum with them all melding into the same conversations and conclusions

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/23/blackburn-approach-manchester-united-over-appointing-their-under/

I don't think we got lucky with Lambert. He's the calibre that we should be aiming for and expecting at this club. Clowns like those linked so far are unacceptable for a club of this size.

i agree JHRover, i meant after the names we had prior to him it was fortunate to get someone of his calibre.

oh ffs, just saw your link, they must be KIDDing right?

The Punatics obviously haven't been informed about Brian Kidd

The link to sign.Joyce must be a wind up mustn't it?

If however there is any credence to it, it must show that we're hoping to put a far greater emphasis on youth and are hoping to tap into Man Ure's rejected youngsters etc. Not a bad idea per se but surely Joyce should be the assistant to an experienced manager.

On Warnock for what it's worth I heard a rumour last night that he should have been in Blackburn yesterday to sign on the dotted line. It didn't happen for whatever reason and won't now be happening according to the source. No idea whether there's any truth at all in that, take it or leave it.

Oh sweet Lord...

Who is advising these lunatics? How on earth would they know about an Under 21 manager.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Nothing would surprise me.

I used to know the late Walter Joyce, very well.

When he was in recruitment at Man Utd.

He always spoke about how driven Warren (ex Burnley) was to be a coach, and he has had success.

It begs 2 questions, why has he only decided to be a Manager now ? and why Rovers ?

When you look at his history, and given the focus on the youth team - would be an imaginative choice, but a huge gamble. Leaking names like this just helps sweeten the pill if an experienced manager like Warnock or Davies is appointed.

What the absolute F***.

Seriously, who is picking these candidates?

God knows. We're rummaging through the bargain bin of failure.

I'm wondering: if there's new advisors in town ? are the candidates linked ?

is the sh.ite calibre simply down to who's applied ?

Nothing would surprise me.

I used to know the late Walter Joyce, very well.

When he was in recruitment at Man Utd.

He always spoke about how driven Warren (ex Burnley) was to be a coach, and he has had success.

It begs 2 questions, why has he only decided to be a Manager now ? and why Rovers ?

The answer to your second question is probably because Rovers are the only Championship club who are daft enough to offer him the top job. Everyone else values the importance of ambition and experience. We just want to be a breeding ground for young players and managers.

Also, what happened to the 4 candidates who we've supposedly interviewed? Guessing none of them came up trumps given we've gone completely left field with this approach. It just seems like a complete mess. We're still making new approaches roughly 6/7 weeks after Lambert informed the club of his plans to leave. Farcical.

Warren Joyce, imo, would be a fine choice.

What he achieved at Hull way back when was remarkable. He is a seasoned veteran, yes his managerial experience is small, but do not let that put you off.

You don't work for Manchester United as a youth team manager, a club which has a proud history of developing talent, without possessing something.

He is in the mould of a Big Sam type, he likes to rough things up when needed, and for me will take no prisoners in an attempt at going for the play-offs next season.

That said, I still want Neil Warnock....

Warren Joyce, imo, would be a fine choice.

What he achieved at Hull way back when was remarkable. He is a seasoned veteran, yes his managerial experience is small, but do not let that put you off.

You don't work for Manchester United as a youth team manager, a club which has a proud history of developing talent, without possessing something.

He is in the mould of a Big Sam type, he likes to rough things up when needed, and for me will take no prisoners in an attempt at going for the play-offs next season.

That said, I still want Neil Warnock....

Thats irrelevant at this point in time. We cant afford to take another chance, we dont have the time or day for such an appointment.

We have to get this right. Get it wrong, and thats it.

Archived