• Billy Davies
    • Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

Flagged up Cotterill the other week, I like him despite being an ex dingle he always speaks well of Rovers and describes this corner of the country as one of the most passionate. Met him last year when he had his team in a hotel in Manchester and again he spoke well of Rovers.

Thing is as JH said he's another who doesn't fare well at this level but if things go the way we expect then he's good at working with tied hands. This time next year we'll be looking for a gaffer to get us back in the champ probably so we'd better save him till then !

"Always speaks well of Rovers" - so that qualifies him then? What is happening to Rovers fans' logic/judgement?

I despair!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Press release just out -

"Blackburn Rovers are pleased to confirm that Mike Cheston has gone on a well deserved holiday and there will be no announcement concerning the new Manager until he returns in a well rested state. Interviews have taken place but we need the time Mike is away as confusion reigns about just what we need to ensure the downward spiral continues. Fans can rest assured that nothing will happen to stabilise the Club in the interim".

Would Steve Cotterill be a good appointment? Worked well in the past with thread-bare squads, low budgets and difficult circumstances before - and succeeded. Lots of experience... managed Burnley though.

dingle scum

"Always speaks well of Rovers" - so that qualifies him then? What is happening to Rovers fans' logic/judgement?

I despair!!

No what qualifies him for the job is his record of working under tight circumstances, albeit not in the champ.

I'm just saying he isn't an ignoramus towards us because he was an ex dingle so don't be a tit. You think he's crap well no he's not really compared to some of the other names. Have you noticed the market we are shopping in, under normal circumstances I wouldn't want him anywhere near us but these aren't normal circumstances.

No what qualifies him for the job is his record of working under tight circumstances, albeit not in the champ.

I'm just saying he isn't an ignoramus towards us because he was an ex dingle so don't be a tit. You think he's crap well no he's not really compared to some of the other names. Have you noticed the market we are shopping in, under normal circumstances I wouldn't want him anywhere near us but these aren't normal circumstances.

Don't call me a t*t. He is crap; that's my opinion. You are entitled to your view but please respect the view of others

Don't call me a t*t. He is crap; that's my opinion. You are entitled to your view but please respect the view of others

Read others posts properly and you might get the idea of what they are saying. If you dig someone out with a sarky comment expect one back.

Respect works both ways...........apart from Venky land obviously !

Read others posts properly and you might get the idea of what they are saying. If you dig someone out with a sarky comment expect one back.

Respect works both ways...........apart from Venky land obviously !

No you made it personal. I can read - it was your post I read so don't drag other posts into it - and I don't need further insults

No you made it personal. I can read - it was your post I read so don't drag other posts into it - and I don't need further insults

Whatever, I can't be bothered. If you want an argument go stand in front of a mirror.

Press release just out -

"Blackburn Rovers are pleased to confirm that Mike Cheston has gone on a well deserved holiday and there will be no announcement concerning the new Manager until he returns in a well rested state. Interviews have taken place but we need the time Mike is away as confusion reigns about just what we need to ensure the downward spiral continues. Fans can rest assured that nothing will happen to stabilise the Club in the interim".

Considering Mike has been doing 4 jobs at once,it would be impossible to assk him to travel from his boarding house in Bispham as he is on full board and would miss his lunch.

When the new manager saga thread does come back, can the title be edited from saga to debacle

Even better... Can we change from saga to SNAFU (Situation Normal, All F**ked Up)

Whenever Rovers are managerless I apply for the job with a written letter. It's become a tradition for me.

I always get a polite response in the post thanking me for my interest in the club but informing me they are looking for someone with more experience. I have about 6 of these letters now.

However, this time I have not received a reply. I've been getting excited about my chances of getting the job but, as my wife pointed out, they probably haven't got anyone who is employed to open letters anymore.

My application is probably still on the floor behind the front door along with the one from Manuel Pellegrini !

Redfearn would be an awful appointment. He only ever became a caretaker manager in the recurrent chaos that is Leeds United. Then in his only permanent managerial position, Rotherham bombed to the bottom of the table only to recover after he left. What a CV that is at the age of 50!

Archived