• Billy Davies
    • Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

At the last home game of the season i was ear-wigging somebody else's conversation and 1 Guy was adamant Ryan Giggs would be our next manager ( i posted something along these lines in the older thread ) i never believed it and i still don't , but could a move for Joyce , and in light of stories today saying Giggs could leave when/if Mourinho get the Utd job ,mean he could be coming here too ?? and where would that leave Irvine and Kelly ?

Fits with the timescale (Giggs having to keep quiet until after the Cup final) and length of time that it has taken.

I'd think Giggs would be smart enough to avoid us, but he struggles making the right decisions for himself (if his extra marital affairs are anything to go by).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Hi All,

Okay, I have had a reply from Mr Suhail Pasha Sheikh and I have also had some communications with Rob Gill, I am hoping that a meeting will be arranged at some point over the coming week. Now I want to get accross some of the frustrations of the fans (sensible I don't want to p**s on my own chips here) and want to know what kind of questions you as fans would like to be answered. I have asked about the possibility of meeting someone from or in India, this is being considered I hope.

(A question for Venky's)- when are you planning on leaving/stopping being useless?

I wouldn't want Giggs anywhere near Ewood.

Not only is he a huge inexperienced gamble, but he'd only be here as a stop gap until a position at United reappeared in future.

What is so difficult to grasp? We URGENTLY need an experienced, capable, proven, successful Championship manager.

Neil Warnock

Billy Davies

Malky Mackay

Even Steve McClaren or Steve Clarke.

Just someone who knows the division, knows how to get results, knows the transfer market and would give us safety next season at the very least.

Why do we think we're something special by constantly going for bizarre appointments? What is wrong with tried and tested?

Brian Kidd

Mark Hughes

Paul Ince

Steve Kean

Henning Berg

Michael Appleton

All completely unnecessary gambles when there were many more qualified candidates interested and the only one that worked out well was Hughes.

Not only is he a huge inexperienced gamble, but he'd only be here as a stop gap until a position at United reappeared in future.

What is so difficult to grasp? We URGENTLY need an experienced, capable, proven, successful Championship manager.

Neil Warnock

Billy Davies

Malky Mackay

Just someone who knows the division, knows how to get results, knows the transfer market and would give us safety next season at the very least.

Why do we think we're something special by constantly going for bizarre appointments? What is wrong with tried and tested?

Brian Kidd

Mark Hughes

Paul Ince

Steve Kean

Henning Berg

Michael Appleton

All completely unnecessary gambles when there were many more qualified candidates interested and the only one that worked out well was Hughes.

all ex United bar Kean :/

like i said i was listening to others talking , i didn't believe it then and i don't believe it now , i think Giggs will get a job in management and will do well .. just not here ;)

We want good football and Blackburn to be fourth or fifth in the league or even better, said Mrs Desai. The fans should trust us because this is in the best interests of the club.

Don't.

We want good football and Blackburn to be fourth or fifth in the league or even better, said Mrs Desai. The fans should trust us because this is in the best interests of the club.

Right up there with Maggie Thatcher's words on becoming PM...

‘Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope’ … .… . and to all the British people—howsoever they voted—may I say this. Now that the Election is over, may we get together and strive to serve and strengthen the country of which we're so proud to be a part.

United followers may well be upset at the prospect of losing Joyce, but they're losing an U-21 boss. He would be coming here as the main man. To a division where experience is regarded as a good barometer for a manager's relative chance of success. By making a formal approach for Joyce, this is the clearest indication yet of the Venky's intentions for our club moving forward. Cost-cutting is now King, and they appear quite content to stay in this division (as a best case scenario). Cheston's early interview appears to be the route they are going down. Churn out young players for a modicum of financial gain, completely disregarding the bigger picture. If you think you are feeling apathetic now, just wait for another 5-10 years of this. I see no way forward when you show zero ambition.

Hi All,

Okay, I have had a reply from Mr Suhail Pasha Sheikh and I have also had some communications with Rob Gill, I am hoping that a meeting will be arranged at some point over the coming week. Now I want to get accross some of the frustrations of the fans (sensible I don't want to p**s on my own chips here) and want to know what kind of questions you as fans would like to be answered. I have asked about the possibility of meeting someone from or in India, this is being considered I hope.

Couldn't this have its own thread for people to put suggestions on it, then go with the most popular?

I can certainly put that across mate, admittedly in a more diplomatic way :)

Indeed .. and thinking about it , probably should not even be warranted a question really .. should be a directive as LV states

My question to Venkys is" you've owned Blackburn Rovers for 5+ years and failed comprehensively over that period. Isn't it clear by now that you lack whatever is needed to make this club a success? Wouldn't you be helping the club and yourselves by accepting the recent offer from Seneca?"

Neil Warnock

Billy Davies

Malky Mackay

Brian Kidd

Mark Hughes

Paul Ince

Steve Kean

Henning Berg

Michael Appleton

. That's what Wigan thought when they got Mackay,and I also thought brilliant choice,but he turned out a disaster,the managers you mentioned are all good shouts,experienced managers,but on the flip side sometimes it works the other way,Adkins at Southampton,Bryan McDermott at Reading,Rodgers at Swansea,Martinez at Swansea,all great records,a lot of luck needed when a manager is appointed,let's hope we end up with a good 'un' and back him...

I still don't get how this process is working.

The club released a statement last week saying they were down to 4 candidates and that interviews were underway.

Now today we're asking for permission to speak to Warren Joyce? So is he one of the 4? How can he be on the shortlist if he hasn't been spoken to yet? Has he been spoken to off the record?

Nixon reckons he isn't on the list of names and that Venkys are now deciding between them who gets the job.

Latest betting -

Warnock 1/1

Slade 9/4

Joyce 4/1

Hignett 8/1

I still don't get how this process is working.

The club released a statement last week saying they were down to 4 candidates and that interviews were underway.

Now today we're asking for permission to speak to Warren Joyce? So is he one of the 4? How can he be on the shortlist if he hasn't been spoken to yet? Has he been spoken to off the record?

Nixon reckons he isn't on the list of names and that Venkys are now deciding between them who gets the job.

So is this a spurious press rumour about Joyce?

Personally, I would prefer Joyce to the likes of Redfearn or Slade. I remember his dad very well playing for Rovers - a full back signed from Burnley who was converted into a midfield destroyer! If there is little money available for transfers - and a move for Joyce would suggest there isn't much to spend - then whoever comes in is going to have to work on the training ground improving the youngsters we have coming through. Joyce has been extremely successful at United over a long period doing exactly that. Clearly, a proven manager like Warnock would be preferable but if the emphasis is going to be on bringing youngsters through then I can see why someone like Joyce would be considered. Sadly, it is a further indication that the 'glory' days are gone and we are back in 1970s mode.

. That's what Wigan thought when they got Mackay,and I also thought brilliant choice,but he turned out a disaster,the managers you mentioned are all good shouts,experienced managers,but on the flip side sometimes it works the other way,Adkins at Southampton,Bryan McDermott at Reading,Rodgers at Swansea,Martinez at Swansea,all great records,a lot of luck needed when a manager is appointed,let's hope we end up with a good 'un' and back him...

Of course there are occasions where the experienced managers don't live up to expectations. I think Mackay was on a hiding to nothing at Wigan. They were on a huge downward spiral when he arrived and the furore around the text message scandal and Whelan's comments finished him off before he'd even started.

But more often than not going for experience is a much safer option than the untried and untested route. That's why no-one else in this league has ever approached Joyce for the job.

We aren't like most clubs who have solid behind the scenes structures and boardrooms where a new manager can fit in. We have none of that, so we need the manager to make up for that vacuum by being experienced and clued up as to exactly what we need.

I'd much sooner a manager with vast Championship experience was leading the rebuild than a bloke used to the lack of pressure of under 21 football.

14 players on the books, we need another 12 before next season. Time is ticking.

Archived