BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Club?

I don't expect any enthusiasm about this but if Venkys continue to own us and crowds/performance/position continue to slide,in the end will we have to build a new club?

AFC Wimbledon have done it successfully with, arguably, a harder job than we would have, depending on who gets on board. They didn't have a glorious and long history, they had tiny crowds even in the Premiership.Yet they are a reality again and will face the new club which tried to steal their identity.

Must point out its taken then 14 years though which I might not see out!

Come to think of it, I'd have an incentive to hang on!

AFC Rovers of Blackburn! Will it come to that?

I still have hope that the venkys will leave and Venky fc will once again become Blackburn rovers. I love our history so couldn't support anything else but if in the event of liquidation I'll get behind a new rovers fc but for the time being I'm willing to try and fight to drive the Indian scum away

I don't expect any enthusiasm about this but if Venkys continue to own us and crowds/performance/position continue to slide,in the end will we have to build a new club?

AFC Wimbledon have done it successfully with, arguably, a harder job than we would have, depending on who gets on board. They didn't have a glorious and long history, they had tiny crowds even in the Premiership.Yet they are a reality again and will face the new club which tried to steal their identity.

Must point out its taken then 14 years though which I might not see out!

Come to think of it, I'd have an incentive to hang on!

AFC Rovers of Blackburn! Will it come to that?

What at age 21 you are thinking of pegging out?

There are a number of scenarios where the end could come----administration, followed by bankruptcy or a spiteful Venkys could just close us down.

Wouldn't you then support a team called Rovers playing in the Blackburn area, in blue and white halves, with the same supporters or as many of them as possible?

It's only what Rangers and Wimbledon have done after all. Wouldn't it be the same club minus Venkys?

There is no reason to suppose Venkys have any intention of leaving so would Blackburn just be devoid of a football club after nearly 150 years?

There are a number of scenarios where the end could come----administration, followed by bankruptcy or a spiteful Venkys could just close us down.

Wouldn't you then support a team called Rovers playing in the Blackburn area, in blue and white halves, with the same supporters or as many of them as possible?

It's only what Rangers and Wimbledon have done after all. Wouldn't it be the same club minus Venkys?

There is no reason to suppose Venkys have any intention of leaving so would Blackburn just be devoid of a football club after nearly 150 years?

New Club, not a chance, you should be ashamed of yourself for even suggesting it.

If you don't like Venky's that much protest in an effort to get them removed and support our Club rather than go off and throw your time and support behind another Club.

Protesting is a total waste of time.

Supporting the club is just helping to legitimise the current regime

People have to ask themselves what it is they're supporting.

All the history and tradition means little if the club has no future.

New Club, not a chance, you should be ashamed of yourself for even suggesting it.

If you don't like Venky's that much protest in an effort to get them removed and support our Club rather than go off and throw your time and support behind another Club.

Ashamed? What an idiot. It's not a first choice obviously not, but if the worst comes to the worst, there's 2 choices---- new club or no club.I can understand fans choosing either of those but I can't understand putting up with years of this.

Rangers fans or Wimbledon don't feel they have lost their club do they? Why should we?

And I could never support another club than Rovers.

Anyway if I'm in a tiny minority over this, I'm only where you are permanently.

It shouldn't come down to that. The club can still be saved as long as people are willing to....stop going to the games. They don't have to do anything at all, no effort required, stay at home, go anywhere else, just don't go to Ewood. That's the perverse tragedy in all this, it's not about doing something extraordinary and going out of your way to help Rovers - it's about not directly punching the club in the face by attending and making Venkys happy.

• 1 month later...

sort of on topic,

Article in support of being able to be a fan of multiple teams:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/when-saturday-comes-blog/2014/feb/21/advantages-supporting-two-football-clubs

Article in support of switching allegiance completely:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/10658105/Why-arent-football-fans-allowed-to-swap-teams.html

Both are interesting reads. For me, I already cheer for two clubs -- one in my home town of Toronto and of course Rovers. Whenever Blackburn is not in the Premier League it does get difficult to follow them and the Championship League in general as there is no way of watching the games for me. I watch a lot of Premier and Champions League but can't imagine getting as excited for another team as I do for the Rovers, but I do find myself cheering on different teams in leagues I can watch and follow more easily.

Archived