BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Twitter Rumours, Musings And Tittle-Tattle

Could this thread be pinned please.

In a bid to keep the forum clear and reduce the aggro, can I suggest that all Twitter / Facebook - and ideally anonymous news stories - @#/? - including Nixon reports - be added to this thread until they can be substantiated by newspaper articles attributed to journalists.

I've explained my reasons in Ask Admin but it is hoped that the general WUMmery and subsequent reactions will reduce. (And yes, I'm as guilt as anyone).

Thanks.

Chaddy, I'm trying to be nice but, however it is done, and for the good of the board, Nicko's ramblings need to be separated from other discussion.

If you are going to respond to any speculation with "Nicko says..." then it's for the best that it all stays on one place so that it can be filtered out.

It's a real shame that people can't just choose not to read or just not digest anything which is relayed from twitter or Al. It's really not hard. When I'm driving and Queen come on the radio I just change stations. No drama. Not sure why this has become such an issue.

Couldn't we just make a rule that any posts which detail Nixon or twitter start with "Twitter / Nixon says;". Then whoever doesn't care for it can just skip past it.

It's a real shame that people can't just choose not to read or just not digest anything which is relayed from twitter or Al. It's really not hard. When I'm driving and Queen come on the radio I just change stations. No drama. Not sure why this has become such an issue.

WHICH AL FOR GOD SAKES!

• Moderation Lead

Think Chaddy referred to Nixon as 'Al' before which was too familiar for my taste tbh....

Anyhow, there's a Nixon thread in here somewhere, and also two created in the transfer talk thread just now. If people want to keep them completely separate I've no issue with that personally. Though as Tom says, he has a hotline to Coyle so most of the info re rovers in the media will leak from Nixon...

Keep BRFCS Nixon / Nicko / "Al" free.

Or at least segregated.

Who's with me?!

Personally Stu I have no problem with Nicko content or any other journalist for that matter. What I'd sooner see is adults acting as such and not throwing their toys out of the pram because people disagree with their point of view.

This isn't aimed at you by the way. I think finding a solution is better than persistent whinging. I just don't happen to think a solution is needed. I've said it before but it bears repeating. Why give a toss what Nixon says when Oliver Holt claimed we were a racist club? I know who pished me off most.

Couldn't we just make a rule that any posts which detail Nixon or twitter start with "Twitter / Nixon says;". Then whoever doesn't care for it can just skip past it.

Shouldn't take extra rules you hit the nail on the head with the first paragraph.

Hang on a minute, so when the mighty "Radio GaGa" starts playing on the radio you change channel?

You Philistine, all credibility out of the window now Patrick, sorry!

Think Chaddy referred to Nixon as 'Al' before which was too familiar for my taste tbh....

Anyhow, there's a Nixon thread in here somewhere, and also two created in the transfer talk thread just now. If people want to keep them completely separate I've no issue with that personally. Though as Tom says, he has a hotline to Coyle so most of the info re rovers in the media will leak from Nixon...

Was that a "you can call me Al" like a "you can call me Dave"

or maybe a Paul Simon kind of thing

I will now be humming Paul Simon's 80's smash hit 'you can call me Al all day now'.

Sorry LR hadn't read that far when I posted

Archived