BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Backroom

If there was any time to get out of the Championship for a team like Huddersfield, it was this season. So many poor teams littered throughout the Championship. It'll be interesting to see how they do next season. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EFL sponsored by Sky Bet. That's all, you need to know.  

If the game isn't corrupt, it's a farce. 

Well done Huddersfield? You seriously need you heads examining.  

One minute protesting against the hypocrisy in the game, the next congratulating a club who, in effect, sent us down.  Stand up for what you believe in   Or don't. 

Just now, Markread2 said:

EFL sponsored by Sky Bet. That's all, you need to know.  

If the game isn't corrupt, it's a farce. 

Well done Huddersfield? You seriously need you heads examining.  

One minute protesting against the hypocrisy in the game, the next congratulating a club who, in effect, sent us down.  Stand up for what you believe in   Or don't. 

No such qualms for me. I was sick that they got past Wednesday and I am sick they have gone up. I will look for their results each week, hoping they get stuffed-barring 2 games of course.

Yes, I know we were crap for most of the season. Yes, I know it is Venky's fault, but we would still have stayed up, if Huddersfield had not handed those 3 points to Brum.

Fin

Disgusted. What a great message to send out to kids: cheat and win. There is no pride, no glory in winning by cheating. But in the Premier League era there is reward.

RIP football.

Understand Lambert's departure from @Wolves will b confirmed tomorrow morning.Nuno Santo taking over with his own support staff. A clear-out

Jeff Shi will take a bigger role in daily running of @Wolves with Mendes prevailing over Lambert. Santo client of Mendes.PL had no chance.

Lambert wanted to stay but didn't want players forced on him. Santo a/v & will bring in his own back-up team. Lambert expendable. No contest

33 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Disgusted. What a great message to send out to kids: cheat and win. There is no pride, no glory in winning by cheating. But in the Premier League era there is reward.

RIP football.

Oh dear. 

Whilst I didn't want Huddersfield to win after what they did against Birmingham, looking from their point of view they may say allowing players extra rest in that game gave them the legs to compete for 120 mins in both play off matches. 

Just now, MikeRovers said:

Understand Lambert's departure from @Wolves will b confirmed tomorrow morning.Nuno Santo taking over with his own support staff. A clear-out

Jeff Shi will take a bigger role in daily running of @Wolves with Mendes prevailing over Lambert. Santo client of Mendes.PL had no chance.

Lambert wanted to stay but didn't want players forced on him. Santo a/v & will bring in his own back-up team. Lambert expendable. No contest

The continental JEROME Anderson and successful yet the EFL allow it to happen!

Just now, Dunnfc said:

The continental JEROME Anderson and successful yet the EFL allow it to happen!

Think Fosun International and Jorge Mendes are a tad different to Venkys and Anderson to be fair though. But yes, another club being led by an agent. Sad times

Think Fosun International and Jorge Mendes are a tad different to Venkys and Anderson to be fair though. But yes, another club being led by an agent. Sad times

And against rules and ownership of the EFLs own stipulations. 

Add to the fact mendes is successful and has links to traffic sports and others way way above JEROME 

I will not be suprised if Wangker jumps ship.

He will not want a first season PL relegation on his CV. He would try to play tippy tappy with the big boys and fail.

Unless Huddersfield spend very big they are coming straight down and may threaten Derby's 11 points. That would be nice.

Burnley must be delighted. One less relegation spot to worry about.

9 hours ago, Batman. said:

You described yourself as one of the "grown ups" in another thread.

Is the "teenage girl" persona in this thread just a facade? 

Says the poster who calls himself Batman. :rolleyes: 

Funny how you give it but you can't take it.

Just now, Stuart said:

Says the poster who calls himself Batman. :rolleyes: 

Funny how you give it but you can't take it.

I spend the vast majority of my time on here "taking it." I wouldn't really consider you suggesting I'm a "Richard" as particularly stinging, in fact it's fairly tame compared to the vitriolic stuff posted by others.

Could care less mate, I just find some of your ramblings towards Huddersfield over dramatic to say the least. They had a great season and deserved promotion. Far from being the death of the game they are a role model for small clubs and give us all a glimmer of hope.

Or, you can continue playing the blame game. See where that gets you.

Just now, Batman. said:

Could care less mate, I just find some of your ramblings towards Huddersfield over dramatic to say the least. They had a great season and deserved promotion. Far from being the death of the game they are a role model for small clubs and give us all a glimmer of hope.

Or, you can continue playing the blame game. See where that gets you.

I find it bizarre that Rovers fans can feel anything but disgust towards Huddersfield - and particularly Wagner - and certainly not glad for them potentially making hundred of millions.

However badly Rovers (and Birmingham) did, Huddersfield sent us down instead of them, and in doing so broke the rules - and to add insult to injury got no punishment as a result - despite the arbitrator admitting that they cheated but created their own view of ambiguity and moved the goalposts. Yet we could spend years in the wilderness because of them/him.

It's Sheffield United / West Ham all over again.

Hardly "continuing the blame game" though. Just calling them out after their play-off win which was at the expense of our Championship status. I hope they are humiliated in the PL, and Wagner takes on a bigger club and ends up like Moyes.

Just now, Batman. said:

Huddersfield relegated us?

You've lost the plot Stupot.

We did that ourselves over 46 games.

YOU'RE NOT LISTENING.

By that yardstick, Birmingham relegated themselves too.

Employing Coyle relegated us. Not investing in January relegated us. Not sacking Coyle quickly enough relegated us. The way our owners run this club relegated us. Gutless performances, own goals, late surrendering and missed sitters relegated us and Huddersfield fielding an under-strength side certainly didn't help whilst we teetered on the edge - it helped to relegate us.  When a relegation boils down to a couple of goals for or against, we can split hairs and pinpoint blame. 

54 minutes ago, Stuart said:

YOU'RE NOT LISTENING.

By that yardstick, Birmingham relegated themselves too.

I've listened to it a billion times. Birmingham played the game with ten men unfairly, and Villa gifted us the victory.

Over the course of a season you get points you should, points you shouldn't, and you end up where you deserve. Pointing the finger elsewhere is pathetic in my opinion, but you're fully entitled to if it softens the blow.

• Moderation Lead

Many things on and off the pitch contributed to our relegation (most of which were our own failings in fairness), but Huddersfield resting 10 players in a game which they ultimately lost against our relegation rivals definitely didn't help.

Archived