BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

Stayed out of this discussion to date, but my take is very simple indeed.

I don't care now, then, or in the future what team Huddersfield EVER select. Unless playng us and i don't really care then. They are a professional club and should serve and prorect their own interests and business at all times. As should we.

Blaming them for our relegation due to the team they selected in one match is pathetic. The sort of reason Coyle or Kean would trot out after useless displays all year.

Nowt to do with our own crap results, shocking performamces, lack of fitness, lack of ability, lack of effort, lack of organisation, lack of leadership, zero investment and useless morons in charge obviously.

No guarantee Huddersfield get a result even with their regular eleven selected.

When pointing a finger, three fingers point straight back at YOU.

I have no problem at alll Huddersfield gaining promotion. Less budget than Barnsley apparently and a tremendous achievement. Thinking they would risk  all that simply to help us out is a tad optimistic.

Just my take on it. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, MikeRovers said:

Understand Lambert's departure from @Wolves will b confirmed tomorrow morning.Nuno Santo taking over with his own support staff. A clear-out

Jeff Shi will take a bigger role in daily running of @Wolves with Mendes prevailing over Lambert. Santo client of Mendes.PL had no chance.

Lambert wanted to stay but didn't want players forced on him. Santo a/v & will bring in his own back-up team. Lambert expendable. No contest

Been rumoured for a couple of weeks. Think Lambert knows he was leaving 2 weeks ago after his players recommandations havent be listened to. 

But Wolves are one of the clubs where the owners wont listened to ppl at the club but Mended instead

14 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

The continental JEROME Anderson and successful yet the EFL allow it to happen!

Has Mendes done owt techinally wrong? 

The owners listen to his advise and trust him. 

14 hours ago, MikeRovers said:

Think Fosun International and Jorge Mendes are a tad different to Venkys and Anderson to be fair though. But yes, another club being led by an agent. Sad times

Mendes got Fosun to buy Wolves. 

So Mendes will always be favuor all the time

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Many things on and off the pitch contributed to our relegation (most of which were our own failings in fairness), but Huddersfield resting 10 players in a game which they ultimately lost against our relegation rivals definitely didn't help.

That's pretty much the view I've arrived at.

Duffy is not forgotten either.

Similarities to his time with us. Took over in November with the club occupying a bottom half position, kept the club up with solid but unspectacular results. Very similar win record over the exact number of games. Some grumblings from fans as to his style of play but the majority appeared to want him to continue into the next season.

Difference this time is that when he left Rovers it was all about him and the club not doing things his way and backing him properly, whereas this time it's all about Wolves having other ideas and him not being compatible with their plans.

He's still got a decent win percentage there and some impressive Cup wins so should get another job if he wants one. But he needs to stay somewhere for a few years and do a good job with his next one.

Regarding Huddersfield, I wish them well and am glad they went up rather than Reading. At least they have a bit of history to them and are a northern club.

Yes, we were relegated for a number of reasons but should rules be cast aside and ignored? If there is a (unreasonable in my view) rule that says a club should play its strongest side at all times, should that rule be ignored, or obeyed?

How about, the next time we get a penalty, we place the ball eleven yards from the goal line, instead of twelve. It won't matter, will it? What's a yard between friends? The next time we get a free kick a few yards outside the box, we put the ball in the 'D' and take it from there. Nobody will mind, or will they?

If you have a squad of say thirty players, you should be able to play who you want, when you want. Squad rotation, covering injuries and being able to rest players for key games is why squads are so large these days anyway. At the same time, if rules are in place, for whatever reason, they should be adhered to. If teams are going to do what Huddersfield did (and they are), that particular rule needs changing.

• Backroom

I said at the time Lambert had jumped from one volatile situation to another, so it's not a surprising ending for him there. Unfortunately it's becoming increasingly difficult to find a club that doesn't have crackpot owners.

Would a rule limiting the number of changes you could make to the previous first team match work. Ie if you could change say 5 players from the previous match. It could be 7 possibly but not more. That would allow you to keep players rested and allow for injuries but would also guarantee the integrity of matches without taking choice away from managers. Not suggesting that would work but just asking

Just now, gumboots said:

Would a rule limiting the number of changes you could make to the previous first team match work. Ie if you could change say 5 players from the previous match. It could be 7 possibly but not more. That would allow you to keep players rested and allow for injuries but would also guarantee the integrity of matches without taking choice away from managers. Not suggesting that would work but just asking

Yep, that seems sensible enough. 

Lamberts track record recently is dreadful. Sacked by villa resigned from us and sacked by wolves.

I wouldn't imagine there will be a queue of people to employ him.

Lambert wants a club that has piles of money and a owner who will invest over and above. Barring a premier league side just relegated he won't get that. No newly relegateded side would employ him.

Just now, Irishrover213 said:

Lamberts track record recently is dreadful. Sacked by villa resigned from us and sacked by wolves.

Lambert wants a club that has piles of money and a owner who will invest over and above. Barring a premier league side just relegated he won't get that. No newly relegateded side would employ him.

He certainly needs to dig into whatever tank he was blowing when he was Colchester boss. Maybe he'd benefit from restarting at a club with no expectations.

Maybe he can fill the great big Bowyer shaped hole at the seaside when Gaz squeezes his size 16's into Wenger's worn out leather slip-ons.

Ooh la la.

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Irishrover213 said:

He certainly did poorly at Villa, but I don't think anyone has really done well there recently, even Bruce is finding it hard and that's with a very big budget and strong squad for this league.

He needs to pick his next job very carefully, as DE says, there are far too many clubs with poor owners knocking about. He'll probably get another job in the Championship, but he'll have to hit the ground running, there's no doubt about that.

Just now, Irishrover213 said:

Princess Paul has to have things just right. A big budget, cuddly-wuddly owners and the occasional visit to the continent to watch how successful managers operate.

He gets teams fit though:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, MikeRovers said:

Wolves fans on social media seem happy he's gone. Talk of awful football and bigging himself up in interviews

He did the same here. A few on here fell for it so he must think it works. Then they watch his teams play. 'Fast and attacking' football it isn't.

• Moderation Lead

We haven't had fast and attacking football here for over 20 years, as I recall he said that was his ultimate aim......

I think Lambert would have done well given time and certainly if he'd been backed like Bowyer was in the transfer market. Shame he was given neither, really.

In any case, neither are here any more, so they aren't our problem any more. We've got much bigger problems to concern ourselves with than the fortunes of our former managers and opinions relating to their abilities.

35 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

He wanted to pay £3 million for Jason Steele! No wonder they sacked him!:lol:

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/paul-lambert-the-verdict.196254/

'Spent too much time blaming his predecessor for his own inadequacies. He failed to improve the mediocrity individually or collectively'

Did exactly the same here. The anti-Bowyer Lambertinis lapped it up. You could make an omelette with the amount of egg being wiped off their faces at present.;)

• Moderation Lead
Just now, MikeRovers said:

He wanted to pay £3 million for Jason Steele! No wonder they sacked him!:lol:

Pretty doubtful he was going to pay £3 Million for him...... Just a fee plucked out of thin air by the press. Managers buying players they've worked with before, that's never happened before, has it?

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/paul-lambert-the-verdict.196254/

'Spent too much time blaming his predecessor for his own inadequacies. He failed to improve the mediocrity individually or collectively'

Did exactly the same here. The anti-Bowyer Lambertinis lapped it up. You could make an omelette with the amount of egg being wiped off their faces at present.;)

Bowyer under-achieved with the squad he had and finished lower season after season. That's the definition of regression. Simple as that.

Just now, K-Hod said:

Pretty doubtful he was going to pay £3 Million for him...... Just a fee plucked out of thin air by the press. Managers buying players they've worked with before, that's never happened before, has it?

Bowyer under-achieved with the squad he had and finished lower season after season. That's the definition of regression. Simple as that.

:lol: He only had two full seasons in charge. He finished a couple of places lower in his second season. Massive regression.

Archived