BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

I could think of another candidate. Not quite as outstanding a candidate as the outstanding candidate but a nice man. Bit of a thinker.

Actually, scratch that, I wouldn't want to see his mug anywhere near English football ever again. Not even to share the pain.

A few nob enders seemed to like him when he was at Rovers judging by their messageboards at the time , so hopefully they get to see him in close action. Unfortunately does not appear on the betting odds but "SEM never heard of them" is 25/1 , so fingers crossed one of the two gets in.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Judging from the Sunderland AFC Facebook post about his appointment, the Sunderland fans don't appear to be too keen on Grayson. 

Many, don't even know who he is.

I try and think back to when we were in the PL, did I really have no knowledge of who the top half managers were in the Championship? Plus, PNE have had a few high profile cup ties in Grayson's tenure.

Though saying that, couldn't name many League 1 managers off the top of my head...

42 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I try and think back to when we were in the PL, did I really have no knowledge of who the top half managers were in the Championship? Plus, PNE have had a few high profile cup ties in Grayson's tenure.

Though saying that, couldn't name many League 1 managers off the top of my head...

Nor could I, League one is a whole new world for me.

• Backroom

The fact remains Moyes has failed miserably in his last three jobs. He's been a busted flush for 4 years now and Everton fans wanted him out some time before he eventually left. If he goes back to PNE and fails then I see no way back for him. His negative attitude and demeanour poisoned the United and Sunderland locker rooms. Both clubs had other issues but good managers step up and solve those problems. Nobody gave Allardyce a hope in hell of saving Sunderland when he arrived, but he did. Moyes took what was essentially the same squad, added a few utterly terrible players and relegated them with ease. I wouldn't want him here (especially after his disgusting comments regarding our supporters in 2011), but PNE are welcome to him. I wish Moyes nothing but failure.

As far as Grayson is concerned, unless he's been promised funds I don't see it ending well for him. 

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I assume the Sunderland takeover isn't close?

As it would certainly would be risky to move there just before new owners come in.

They've announced that the takeover is dead.

Sunderland could and should be a great job for someone like Grayson, providing he is given time to sort it out. I think he still lives over Yorkshire way so the job is almost on his doorstep, they'll still have 30,000+ turning up next season whatever happens, a lot of time spent in the Premier League and a Premier League stadium/facilities/fanbase which PNE don't have.

If he gets some money to spend and a clean slate to assemble his own squad then he'll fancy his chances of getting into the promotion shake up.

Grayson is one I've always wanted to get the Rovers job. If things go wrong for him at Sunderland and Mowbray doesn't last at Rovers he'd be the perfect candidate to try and get us out of League One.

It's make or break for Grayson I think at sunderland. I'm surprised he left the relative comfort at PNE. I guess things become stale after abit & you crave a fresh challenge. The potential is there with there support there's no doubt about that.

18 minutes ago, Bluebandit said:

It's make or break for Grayson I think at sunderland. I'm surprised he left the relative comfort at PNE. I guess things become stale after abit & you crave a fresh challenge. The potential is there with there support there's no doubt about that.

Most definitely not "make or break". if it doesn't work out there is no reason why he wouldn't end up back at a club the size of Preston. How do you work out that it is make or break? 

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Most definitely not "make or break". if it doesn't work out there is no reason why he wouldn't end up back at a club the size of Preston. How do you work out that it is make or break? 

Because he's left a stable position & gone elsewhere probably under assurances that he will be backed in a way he's putting his reputation on the line. Failure doesn't bode well that's the way I see it.

4 minutes ago, Bluebandit said:

Because he's left a stable position & gone elsewhere probably under assurances that he will be backed in a way he's putting his reputation on the line. Failure doesn't bode well that's the way I see it.

It reminds me (on a lesser scale as Burnely aren't as big a club as Sunderland) of when Howe went there but it didn't work out and so he ended up back at Bournemouth 

Howe was doing ok at Burnley and was not sacked or forced out.

He just looked around the dump of a Town and Club, thought FT and went back to the seaside.

It's called, for PC purposes, 'personal reasons'.

It worked out for the best for all and the rest is history.

Putting the striking similarities to our takeover to one side. If ever there was an article that summed up the madness of the modern game.

Chinese owners (via the Virgin Islands) hire Portuguese agent (whose agency they part own) to buy English club who in turn takes over transfer policy and manager hiring, spending xmillions on players represented by his 'associates' - and this is in the second tier!

On 30 June 2017 at 23:38, MikeRovers said:
Replying to @PortuBall

TVI24 reporting that Porto starlet Rúben Neves is on his way to Wolverhampton in a €20m+ shock deal to join former manager Nuno E. Santo.

DDmMDe7XkAIv9Ys.jpg

Football going mad? Or the biggest bullshit rumour of the summer :D 

Mm, Portugese starlet, best of luck with that.

FULHAM SIGN DJALO

Ex-Real Madrid youth defender Marcelo Djalo has joined Fulham on a three-year deal, with the option for another 12 months.

Slavisa Jokanovic's Fulham have agreed an undisclosed fee with Club Deportivo Lugo for the 23-year-old, who also spent two years with Juventus but never appeared for the senior team.

We understand he has been identified and signed by Fulham's statistical analysis department, led by the son of the owner and director of football operations Tony Khan and his controversial assistant Craig Kline, despite reservations from the Fulham coaching staff. 

Football really is just jobs for the boys.

Signed a player that, by the looks of it the manager doesn't want.

Archived