BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Moderation Lead
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

:lol: He only had two full seasons in charge. He finished a couple of places lower in his second season. Massive regression.

But, still a regression all the same! You go on like he was King Kenny!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

He certainly did poorly at Villa, but I don't think anyone has really done well there recently, even Bruce is finding it hard and that's with a very big budget and strong squad for this league.

He needs to pick his next job very carefully, as DE says, there are far too many clubs with poor owners knocking about. He'll probably get another job in the Championship, but he'll have to hit the ground running, there's no doubt about that.

I think his reputation has been pretty much dragged through the mud over the last 24 months fired from two jobs and walked away from one. 

Promised us good football. Ran Rhodes out of Brockhall and thenot threw toys out of the pram. 

Will find it hard to pick up work as who will take the chance take a chance on him

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Irishrover213 said:

I think his reputation has been pretty much dragged through the mud over the last 24 months fired from two jobs and walked away from one. 

Promised us good football. Ran Rhodes out of Brockhall and thenot threw toys out of the pram. 

Will find it hard to pick up work as who will take the chance take a chance on him

Far worse managers than Lambert have continuously gotten jobs. (Coyle for example). :angry: Though the longer out of work managers are, the harder it is to get back into it. He's not even had any relegations on his CV.

Just now, K-Hod said:

But, still a regression all the same! You go on like he was King Kenny!

You went on like Lambert was your dad:rolleyes:

18 months on King Gary is celebrating an unlikely promotion and Princess Paul is being rightly outed as a talentless BS merchant.

I did try to educate you at the time but it fell on deaf ears unfortunately. Worse than that, I got a 6 month ban for my efforts. It's not easy being right:D

• Moderation Lead

18 months on King Gary is celebrating an unlikely promotion and Princess Paul is being rightly outed as a talentless BS merchant.

I did try to educate you at the time but it fell on deaf ears unfortunately. Worse than that, I got a 6 month ban for my efforts. It's not easy being right:D

He never got much of  a chance here and stuck two fingers up to Venky's for pulling the rug from underneath him, in some ways I can't really blame the bloke.

I also tried to educate you re the under-achievement under Bowyer, but that also fell on deaf ears. How does a manager fail to address the same defensive deficiencies (shipping so many late goals) and not get even get in the promotion shake up with a 40 goal strike force? Frightening.

You weren't banned for that offence, check your history.

Just now, Irishrover213 said:

Which imo was the main reason for his appointment. He then invoked his pre-arranged walk away clause but stayed till season end to look good, again pre-arranged.

I have no time for him

Bowyer scraped in to luckily finish 7th in L2 and then got very very lucky. SEVENTH IN L2 and you get promoted now tell me that's ok. Football is a joke.

Just now, K-Hod said:

He never got much of  a chance here and stuck two fingers up to Venky's for pulling the rug from underneath him, in some ways I can't really blame the bloke.

I also tried to educate you re the under-achievement under Bowyer, but that also fell on deaf ears. How does a manager fail to address the same defensive deficiencies and not get even get in the promotion shake up with a 40 goal strike force? Frightening.

You weren't banned for that offence, check your history.

Oh I was, K-Mod. A 6 month ban for not liking Lambert and saying a rude word. I think it was d**k. The horror!!

Check yourself, don't wreck yourself. Word.

• Moderation Lead

Oh I was, K-Mod. A 6 month ban for not liking Lambert and saying a rude word. I think it was d**k. The horror!!

Check yourself, don't wreck yourself. Word.

Have a lovely day.

Desperate stuff AAR! He got promoted within the rules.

I dont begrudge Bowyer a bit of success but play offs are just unfair and too much of a lottery.

People are quick to pounce and say Rovers got relegated over 46 games so ok then teams should be promoted on their form over a full season not some shoot out to satisfy tv or the bankers.

The game stinks.

Why not have a relegation play off. In the Championship the bottom 2 clubs go down automatically and then the next four have a reverse style play off with the bottom of this mini league getting relegated.

A nonsense, and I agree. And the promotion plays offs are a nonsense too.

We have just seen Blackpool and Huddersfield fluke promotion due to 3 games.

Just now, gumboots said:

French league has that one where the 3rd from bottom plays 3rd from top in league below. Troyes relegated Lorient on Sunday. They play home and away

That's how the play-offs worked in the first couple of years over here iirc. We ended up playing getting hammered by Chelsea in our first foray into the play-offs. Pat Nevin still annoys me:)

Out of all those games, the two games that really stand out are the two at the bottom. Final game of the season, relegation deciders, yet even combined they have some of the lowest ratings.

Take Rovers out of it and I'd still have been tuning in, think of the drama, the livelihoods at stake etc etc - but obviously can't hold a candle to pretty much every other live game.

I often feel like I follow a whole different narrative than other fans...

19 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Bowyer should have started out in League 2. That's his level.

Meanwhile Rovers have suffered in part as a result of giving him his apprenticeship. It's meant to be the other way around.

Bowyer couldn't lose. No pressure, fantastic facilities. If he succeeded he was a genius. If he failed it was Venky fault.

Meanwhile Lambert - the first credible manager they signed - was sold a lie and was proven right to have protected himself. But of course leaving makes him crap. Despite having a better win ratio that even St Gary. Until Mowbray came in he had the best win ratio of any Venkys Rovers manager - he may even still have.

Just now, Stuart said:

Bowyer should have started out in League 2. That's his level.

Meanwhile Rovers have suffered in part as a result of giving him his apprenticeship. It's meant to be the other way around.

Bowyer couldn't lose. No pressure, fantastic facilities. If he succeeded he was a genius. If he failed it was Venky fault.

Meanwhile Lambert - the first credible manager they signed - was sold a lie and was proven right to have protected himself. But of course leaving makes him crap. Despite having a better win ratio that even St Gary. Until Mowbray came in he had the best win ratio of any Venkys Rovers manager - he may even still have.

He had a worse points-per-game ratio than Bowyer, which is what really matters.

He had a worse points-per-game ratio than Bowyer, which is what really matters.

With the player Sir Gaz had - and signed - and the ones Lambert was left with and an empty cupboard. Gaz SHOULD have a far superior record and a play-off finish under his belt.

47 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Bowyer scraped in to luckily finish 7th in L2 and then got very very lucky. SEVENTH IN L2 and you get promoted now tell me that's ok. Football is a joke.

Was that like us finishing 6th in Division Two under Kenny?   Because SIXTH in Division 2 got us promotion and the rest is history!  I'm sure the clubs who finished above us also thought Football a joke at the time but I can't remember any of us thinking so.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Lambert's been outed to further the agenda of well known agent Jorge Mendes, I know you don't like the guy blueboy but I'm surprised that any Rovers fan would look at that move at face value..

No doubt about it he's been ousted, a la Allardyce. Unlike BS, Lambert will be no greal loss.

You reap what you sow in any case. At Rovers and Wolves he went in and slagged the previous manager, came out with the same nonsense about not 'accepting mediocrity' and then produced average results and even worse performances. With a mouth like his you've got to be pretty special, and he isn't.

If Wolves got up their fans won't care a jot if Mendes is an agent or not. If it goes badly wrong they'll be asking serious questions of the FA & EFL. Same old, same old...

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Was that like us finishing 6th in Division Two under Kenny?   Because SIXTH in Division 2 got us promotion and the rest is history!  I'm sure the clubs who finished above us also thought Football a joke at the time but I can't remember any of us thinking so.

My point still stands and its done for tv and money. The fact we benefited previously shows how impartial my view is :rolleyes:

Archived