BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mattyblue said:

League 1 generally seems to be between £18 and about £23.

The Championship now has some of the most horrendous ticket prices in world football- nearly £40 at Leeds and Sheff Wed! 

Disgraceful and a clear failing of the FA/Football League that a price cap of £30 can be introduced in the Premier League and yet clubs like Ipswich, Leeds and Wednesday can charge £40+ for 2nd division football.

Just now, JHRover said:

I don't even think it was a money issue. I'm sure if the club had been honest from the start about the financial situation and how much he would have to spend then he might have agreed to work within constraints. More important was the joke 'structure' of the club which has become clear again this season. One director who doesn't know what he's talking about, a biscuitman running messages around the world and a manager who can only get answers by flying around the world. Lambert wasn't prepared to put up with that nonsense. A Chairman who he could work with and get answers from and things would have been much different.

The man has a bit of self respect, something that is lacking in abundance at Rovers. Can only dream about having a proper structure back in place again. I myself wish Lambert all the best, if he's given the chance I believe he will deliver. 

Huddersfield v Reading in the championship final this weekend, with £170m on offer to the winners for winning promotion to the PL.

Think about it., £170m. We haven't got £1.7m in the bank. 

I hope the Championship final is a good one to watch like the L2 game yesterday.

I suppose the value of winning is about the same as last year? so worth about the £170 million mentioned above to whomever wins it even if they come straight back down.

I no longer give one about who wins. I suppose I want Reading to win just to poke one to Wangker but have a feeling that Huddersfield will, maybe going to extra time.

Reading to win if it goes to pens.

The only thing certain is that whomever wins will be PL relegation favourites if not certainties, but a lot lot richer.

Rovers are due so far £1 million for being in L1. I suppose there is money per final position but it will be poultry chicken feed.

Eat that you Rao TWa@#

On 26/05/2017 at 08:52, Tony Rover said:

Sky sports has definitely had a negative impact in the fact that the top divisions aren't for the working man anymore. Going to QPR this season for me and my boy cost an arm and a leg. If you're going to try and take one positive out this sorry mess is at least prices should be fairly reasonable next season, yes I know I'm clutching at straws!  

Football has never been designed for the "working" man. Issue is its priced a majority of people out based on it now being classed as "entertainment". I'm ready a book at the moment called broken dreams and tv, wages and agents fees to the level we see today we're all forecasted 20 years ago. The FA and PL wanted it to happen including the likes of ken bates, rick parry etc. In fact one of the honest ones to stand up was Charltons Richard Murray.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Football has never been designed for the "working" man. Issue is its priced a majority of people out based on it now being classed as "entertainment". I'm ready a book at the moment called broken dreams and tv, wages and agents fees to the level we see today we're all forecasted 20 years ago. The FA and PL wanted it to happen including the likes of ken bates, rick parry etc. In fact one of the honest ones to stand up was Charltons Richard Murray.

I shall check it out ta. Something that was posted on this forum a while back was the link to that documentary, following the set up with FC United and the plight of a few other clubs, found it really interesting. I am generally more attracted to non league football these days, my son gets to wonder around the whole ground, no waiting around for half an hour to get served at the bar, decent and fair prices. Can never take my eye off the whole ball with Rovers though. My boys got the bug as well!

18 minutes ago, Disenfranchised said:

Football has never been designed for the working man. ROFL. 

Arte et Labore didn't get copied off a cereal packet...

BRFC founder members of the football league.

It hasn't or wasn't... The working class may have felt it easy to associate with it in the early days but it was never targeted at a specific set of people.

still isn't and as I say just "entertainment" now. All about £££

bit sure the arte et laboure (skill and labour) is the towns motto and then copied by the club. Not sure how that substantiates the point your trying to make.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

It hasn't or wasn't... The working class may have felt it easy to associate with it in the early days but it was never targeted at a specific set of people.

still isn't and as I say just "entertainment" now. All about £££

bit sure the arte et laboure (skill and labour) is the towns motto and then copied by the club. Not sure how that substantiates the point your trying to make.

It certainly was targeted at the working masses from the point at which owners charged a fee to enter a ground and watch a game.

The fact that many original club owners were rich local businessmen and employers confirms this. Pay them a weekly wage and take some back on a matchday. Sound.

I agree that today the PL is targeted differently and tv is it's first priority with fans in the ground a very distant second.

This will become more and more the case throughout the EFL if they succeed with it's international tv maketing to the huge potential audience.

Huddersfield promoted on penalties.

They were the better side throughout the game though.  Had a bit more energy and zip than Reading.

Almost like they'd somehow managed to save a bit in the tank for the final push !

Well done Huddersfield, gives hope to the rest as long as you're a well run club with a good manager. Don't need loads of money or a big fanbase like some would have you believe. 

Get in there very happy for Huddersfield. Backed them for play off promotion at start of season, Mike will vouch for me on here! If only I have put money on it! Think they were about 50/1

• Backroom

3 games and no goals in the playoffs for Huddersfield yet they do enough to go up.

Glad this season is over let's close this now!

Well done to Huddersfield.  It just shows that a minnow (including the 6 fingered simpletons) can still make it to the Premiership.

There is still hope yet for Rovers.  Get the Chuckle Bros or the Fat Hairy Bikers in as owners instead of the V's and watch us climb upwards and onwards.

I have no bad feelings against Huddersfield after they entered an understrength team, we would have done the same.  It is a 46 game season.

Pleased for Huddersfield and the way in which they have succeeded this season.  They got the fans behind them with cheap tickets, took a risk with a virtually unknown coach and have played excellent football throughout the season.  They've achieved promotion on a limited budget which shows that it can be done without spending fortunes.  

Archived