BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liam Feeney

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you havnt answered my question and your final line there is just your opinion, i think he will be a reliable squad player for us or better(and yes that's just my opinion)

Is that opinion based on his last time here, what he's done since, or the fact the squad is getting worse which would help Feeney look decent?

It seems to be Luke Varney all over again (albeit this manager didn't bring him in twice)

Personally i thought he looked usefull in the two cameo appearances that i saw him in first time around, add to that the praise hes got from the clubs that he's been at since he left here and then add to that its a free transfer, leaves me with the answer that there's not much to complain about really.

Personally i thought he looked usefull in the two cameo appearances that i saw him in first time around, add to that the praise hes got from the clubs that he's been at since he left here and then add to that its a free transfer, leaves me with the answer that there's not much to complain about really.

It is good you have found the space bar on your keyboard TJ!

Re Feeney, absolutely no point judging him on last time he was here. He has the support of our new manager and therefore we have to trust the blokes decision making. Cannot say I am too excited by the prospect of him playing. Bolton fans I know say he is bang average which ties with my view from the little I know. I guess when shopping in the bargain basement free transfers of a certain standard are to be expected.

World Class players available on a free wanting £200 per week and happy to be a squad player and sit on the bench most weeks aren't to common.

Hence you sign folk like feeney who can do a job here and there, but you hope doesn't have to play to many games.

He has good pace so in certain games can be a useful sub.

We always have a scapegoat player to bitch about and boo each year. Looks like many of the fans are well on there way to making Feeney this seasons :blink:

It is good you have found the space bar on your keyboard TJ!

Re Feeney, absolutely no point judging him on last time he was here. He has the support of our new manager and therefore we have to trust the blokes decision making. Cannot say I am too excited by the prospect of him playing. Bolton fans I know say he is bang average which ties with my view from the little I know. I guess when shopping in the bargain basement free transfers of a certain standard are to be expected.

I don't get the space bar remark(guess i must be thick)

Problem with Feeney is he was rubbish last time, and he will block Mahoney's progress. Maybe Mahoney isn't good enough but he looked decent enough and I'm a firm believer that youngsters need chances to prove themselves. Also the way Coyle is talking about him it doesn't sound like he's here to be a squad player. Looks like a bad signing.

On the other hand, he's here now and will be given a chance, hopefully he's improved as much as some Bolton fans apparently say he has, I wonder if Ipswich fans are bothered about not getting him.

• Backroom

On the other hand, he's here now and will be given a chance, hopefully he's improved as much as some Bolton fans apparently say he has, I wonder if Ipswich fans are bothered about not getting him.

No, they are not.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/29799/

Big Mick sounds a little upset about Feeney joining us.

He doesn't seem that bothered to be fair PV although he did try to sign Feeney which is significant given how highly thought of Big Mick is on here.

Interesting comment about us and Notlob not being 'the best of friends'. News to me, the Twotters, like nob end are about a significant as Charlton or Rotherham as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/29799/

Big Mick sounds a little upset about Feeney joining us.

I've never read such rubbish. He's cocked it up and everyone knows it. Is he trying to take the Town fans for mugs? It's a proper-gander. Bish will never make it as a winger so long as he has a hole in his arse. Let's be honest if McCarthy can't get Feeney to Town over that basket case Blackburn then you have to wonder, it's criminal and shows just how far Ipswich have fallen, who's McCarthys agent? It looks to me he's just bigging up Bish to get him a move so McCarthy, his agent, Mrs McCarthy, Bish's Agent and Bish can trouser the cash. He'll probably just get another free in in an attempt to balance the books - yet another other feeble excuse just to avoid a transfer embargo whilst see up how far they've fallen again.

I've never read such rubbish. He's cocked it up and everyone knows it. Is he trying to take the Town fans for mugs? It's a proper-gander. Bish will never make it as a winger so long as he has a hole in his arse. Let's be honest if McCarthy can't get Feeney to Town over that basket case Blackburn then you have to wonder, it's criminal and shows just how far Ipswich have fallen, who's McCarthys agent? It looks to me he's just bigging up Bish to get him a move so McCarthy, his agent, Mrs McCarthy, Bish's Agent and Bish can trouser the cash. He'll probably just get another free in in an attempt to balance the books - yet another other feeble excuse just to avoid a transfer embargo whilst see up how far they've fallen again.

It is a disgrace. 'Bish' ffs. 'Kin holiday camp. He'll be saying 'right good go' next.

• Backroom

I know this is supposed to be a dig at how Rovers fans treated Bowyer, but it actually echoes a lot of Ipswich fans thoughts. Not that they're disappointed over not signing Feeney, but that the lack of funds available and regression from last year is a real concern that Mick may have taken them as far as he can.

Yeah. Whilst licking his lips and walking a dog he hasnt even got and taking the positives.

Now Chris Coleman, well there's a proper manager. You'll not catch him licking his lips or sticking up for or working with Steve Kean. Oh no.

I know this is supposed to be a dig at how Rovers fans treated Bowyer

It really wasn't.

• Backroom

Comparisons between McCarthy and Bowyer are very wide of the mark imo. Mick has never had any money to spend at Ipswich and had his best players repeatedly sold. The most he's ever given a player in terms of wages is £10k p/w and almost every other signing has been well below that. He has basically always been in the position Bowyer was in during his final season and despite that he's kept Ipswich in and around the playoff places.

Bowyer did okay when he had the funds to spend on the likes of Steele, Marshall, Duffy, Evans, Cairney and Gestede, plus a £8m, 40k p/w striker up front, but once the funds dried up and the owners decided to start selling our better players we quickly devolved into a relegation outfit.

At Ipswich, much like here, the owner is the root cause of the problem having plunged them into serious debt and restricted any proper funding, but McCarthy has done an incredible job there with very little resource. When GB was put into the same situation he started to flounder - and I'm not blaming him, he didn't have the experience necessary to handle such a task, but Mick does which is why if he was in charge I'd have no worries about us going down this season, even with no money and our better players potentially being pushed out the door.

Comparisons between McCarthy and Bowyer are very wide of the mark imo. Mick has never had any money to spend at Ipswich and had his best players repeatedly sold. The most he's ever given a player in terms of wages is £10k p/w and almost every other signing has been well below that. He has basically always been in the position Bowyer was in during his final season and despite that he's kept Ipswich in and around the playoff places.

Bowyer did okay when he had the funds to spend on the likes of Steele, Marshall, Duffy, Evans, Cairney and Gestede, plus a £8m, 40k p/w striker up front, but once the funds dried up and the owners decided to start selling our better players we quickly devolved into a relegation outfit.

At Ipswich, much like here, the owner is the root cause of the problem having plunged them into serious debt and restricted any proper funding, but McCarthy has done an incredible job there with very little resource. When GB was put into the same situation he started to flounder - and I'm not blaming him, he didn't have the experience necessary to handle such a task, but Mick does which is why if he was in charge I'd have no worries about us going down this season, even with no money and our better players potentially being pushed out the door.

Nailed it there :tu:

Archived