BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Terrorist Attack In Nice, France

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I just wish some mindless fools would just stop being @#/? in the name of some old book and an imaginary friend. It's so sad and an endless waste of life because some goons have been brainwashed. Sickening.

I have a friend who was there. Fortunately he and his daighter are safe, as is my husbands cousin, who was also there. Unfortunately there are many families this morning who won't be as lucky as ours were. It's not religion. It's a human perversion of religion that seeks power for its own ends. And it's gullible nutters who allow their better nature's to be over ridden because they are so steeped in collective thinking that they refuse to challenge it. God gave us brains to think with. Many unfortunately find it easier not to think.

Four of our Nicoise friends flew back to Nice at 3.00pm yesterday after we holidayed together. Two of them live literally 300 metres off the Promenade des Anglais. Haven't been able to contact them since 9.00pm yesterday but as I've never known them attend such events presume all is OK.

Just had my eldest who is following the Le Tour on the phone asking if I think he and his friends should pack up and come home? Interesting reaction I thought. My response was a French country roadside is probably s very safe place right now.

It's not religion. It's a human perversion of religion that seeks power for its own ends.

In that case why doesn't every Muslim leader of any standing savagely condemn this type of behaviour whenever it happens? It said on the news that most of these extremists start life as just plain old bad eggs associated with petty crime.

If they'd been bombarded with the message from an early age that this kind of behaviour is a one-way ticket to hell from every Muslim in any authority, the 1% or whatever who spew IS drivel would barely register and the prime recruitment candidates would just stuck to petty crime. Instead there seems to be a general attitude of ignore the problem from Muslim leaders so it's only the 1% that these people are hearing.

Either that or the more disturbing thought that numerous opinion polls of Muslims have indicated shouldn't be ruled out. It's not 1% who sympathise with this kind of behaviour, or at least the concept of some form hostility towards non-Muslims, it's a lot more than 1%, and that's why there's so little criticism of attackers.

Four of our Nicoise friends flew back to Nice at 3.00pm yesterday after we holidayed together. Two of them live literally 300 metres off the Promenade des Anglais. Haven't been able to contact them since 9.00pm yesterday but as I've never known them attend such events presume all is OK.

Just had my eldest who is following the Le Tour on the phone asking if I think he and his friends should pack up and come home? Interesting reaction I thought. My response was a French country roadside is probably s very safe place right now.

unless you happen to be Chris frome and the other guy, Richie Port, who crashed into a motorbike.

In that case why doesn't every Muslim leader of any standing savagely condemn this type of behaviour whenever it happens? It said on the news that most of these extremists start life as just plain old bad eggs associated with petty crime.

If they'd been bombarded with the message from an early age that this kind of behaviour is a one-way ticket to hell from every Muslim in any authority, the 1% or whatever who spew IS drivel would barely register and the prime recruitment candidates would just stuck to petty crime. Instead there seems to be a general attitude of ignore the problem from Muslim leaders so it's only the 1% that these people are hearing.

Either that or the more disturbing thought that numerous opinion polls of Muslims have indicated shouldn't be ruled out. It's not 1% who sympathise with this kind of behaviour, or at least the concept of some form hostility towards non-Muslims, it's a lot more than 1%, and that's why there's so little criticism of attackers.

I have lots of Muslim friends. Not one of them condones this kind of act and many have publicly condemned it. They are just as scared as us. Many of those killed in Nice Paris Brussels and all the other places hit by terrorist attacks will be Muslims too. These guys don't care. It's really not about religion. It's not about protecting your own - it's about causing fear and instability so that they can enjoy their feeling of power. You are correct that the leaders of us islam could do more to condemn it, but it will take time to get this extremism out of the hearts and minds of those who carry out these disgraceful acts

• Backroom

You'd be surprised at how widely, fiercely, and regularly Muslim leaders DO condemn these things. Unfortunately western media doesn't seem to find it as newsworthy as Gazza with his dick out.

Back to security, the Euro was safe. Maybe there were threats we were not aware of.

In some cities that have had to deal with terrorism, a large vehicle as was used in this attack may well not have been able to get near such crowds.

You'd be surprised at how widely, fiercely, and regularly Muslim leaders DO condemn these things. Unfortunately western media doesn't seem to find it as newsworthy as Gazza with his dick out.

That really elevates the discourse over this tragic event.

Back to security, the Euro was safe. Maybe there were threats we were not aware of.

In some cities that have had to deal with terrorism, a large vehicle as was used in this attack may well not have been able to get near such crowds.

That really elevates the discourse over this tragic event.

It became unsafe when Merkle opened the flood gates, ignoring all the warnings,

don't know how she sleeps at night

Just in from work, but haven't heard anything from ISIS to confirm it's theirs, and also is the guy not French born & bred?

It might not be that ISIS are directly responsible, but he was radicalized by their propaganda. There are A LOT of disaffected Muslims out there with an axe to grind with Western society.

Said on tv last night or this morning that ISIS have told people to do what they can using ordinary things such as cars to do the damage. It's not a coordinated ISISATTACK because the security round big events is generally ok or as ok as it can be. However, a lorry driving where it shouldn't isn't in itself a reason to suspect a terrorist attack. They said that since the guy suggested this attacks had been carried out In a number of cities he'd mentoned

See, the driver may have said he was delivering ice cream; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3691629/I-delivering-ice-cream-Nice-terrorist-told-police-stopped-truck-hours-promenade-massacred-84.html

And a few other outlets are reporting this too.

Nice - A JIHADI BREEDING GROUND: Terror expert says suburbs so radicalised they’re LAWLESS

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/689849/nice-attack-bastille-day-truck-terror-expert-suburbs-so-radicalised-lawless

It might not be that ISIS are directly responsible, but he was radicalized by their propaganda. There are A LOT of disaffected Muslims out there with an axe to grind with Western society.

Said on tv last night or this morning that ISIS have told people to do what they can using ordinary things such as cars to do the damage. It's not a coordinated ISISATTACK because the security round big events is generally ok or as ok as it can be. However, a lorry driving where it shouldn't isn't in itself a reason to suspect a terrorist attack. They said that since the guy suggested this attacks had been carried out In a number of cities he'd mentoned

Fair enough, I did wonder as normally ISIS are quickly off the mark with the media.

It's a terrible waste of life, and in some ways I wish they hadnt shot him, its a bit of an easy exit for him.

I don't know if anyone watched Ross Kemp on sky last night, he was with the Kurds fighting ISIS in N Iraq / Syria- ISIS are losing ground quickly, the kurds needed some weapons and where increasingly reliant on French airstikes. Maybe the response would be to find them a bit more artillery gear?

Hope your friends and eldest are safe and sound, Paul.

So sad at what happened. Couldn't help but shed a tear this morning when I read that children were dead. How could they?

Hope your friends and eldest are safe and sound, Paul.

So sad at what happened. Couldn't help but shed a tear this morning when I read that children were dead. How could they?

Because they are barbaric medieval throw backs

Archived