BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mike Cheston - Venky Puppet

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE; What OJ said

Didn't Mercerman say there was an 80% chance of different owners when the season starts? Is there a connection or is it just a flight of fancy?

MM did say that but as he doesn't seem to be around recently we can't ask him if there's a connection

Yes, most interesting post in months potentially.

We can only speculate but I'm assuming Venkys will want their money back ie they will expect some mug to pay a fortune to cover their blunders.

Nobody will of course so what's their plan?

An endless conveyor belt of players sold for profit over years I imagine and the club run at as minimal expense as possible.

No Rovers fan should buy into this.

Oh, and before anyone says this is normal and we have always been a selling club, what is different is that performances on the field, results, position in the table, what league we are in, probably even attendances will not matter.

This will be all about money for Venkys, Rovers don't count.

John Williams' opinion before the sale:

"It seems to me, the current fashion is moving towards the only deals being super rich deals with super rich people. I don't really think anyone is going to buy into Blackburn Rovers looking for a return on their investment. Maybe for capital growth in the medium to long term, but to maintain the club in the Premier League it would seem to be difficult to do that and make a short term return on investment.'

I don't think they did it for the money although understanding Venkys' motives becomes less and less likely.

I think that it started off as a plaything for the boys. They saw themselves riding to glory on a wave of adulation; soaking up the appreciation of a hoard of grateful fans.......as Ronaldinho slipped the winner past Barcelona's goalie in the Champion's League final.

No more details i'm afraid, just a comment from someone who is well connected (certainly on the UK side of things).

Probably similar to what Mercerman had heard in the investment capital circles.

No more details i'm afraid, just a comment from someone who is well connected (certainly on the UK side of things).

Probably similar to what Mercerman had heard in the investment capital circles.

Well, there's your evidence folks. It's official. If you can stand back for a couple of years and don't crack, they'll go.

There's not a cat in hells chance they will sell up, while we are a debt ridden Championship Club. And Venkys are certifiably insane if they think they can recoup even a fraction of their outlay.

Who on gods earth advises these idiots? Its like the Emperors New Clothes!

There's not a cat in hells chance they will sell up, while we are a debt ridden Championship Club. And Venkys are certifiably insane if they think they can recoup even a fraction of their outlay.

Who on gods earth advises these idiots? Its like the Emperors New Clothes!

I pray for the day when we are bought out. Just cannot see it. Seneca was our best chance and best hope of being run by people who care.

It's 2016. Our competitiveness, quality and professionalism is the lowest it's ever been.

How some can look beyond that, and genuinely feel optimistic, is hard to comprehend.

They can't sell the club, it is worthless, way less than worthless in fact. To say it is technically insolvent is the under statement of the century. A business worth about £30m which is about £110m in debt and losing money hand over fist. The only way they can leave is by dropping the club and leaving It to die with, hopefully, someone else keeping the name alive. Too far gone for any other solution imo.

Committed owners would be ignoring FFP like half the league and investing in the team not trousering every pound that comes their way.

He's insulting the fans' intelligence with comments like that. And I know for a FACT that the club is up for sale (at a ridiculous price). (From connections with those indirectly involved with Seneca.)

Are you sure? If it was for sale even at any price why did they totally ignore Seneca then and not try to have discussion of any sort?

The day they launched that complete tripe on the website lying about Seneca and coming out with crap about 'further advancement of the club'' was the darkest day in recent times for fans -and probably the biggest turn off of season ticket sales they could ever have come up with. Clueless , classless shysters and now we are about to have our intelligence insulted by announcing Pasha to his new position after a'' rigorous ''interview process.

Chesterton annoyed me with his comments, but after calming down what struck me was how stupid they were.

I'm no accountant but surely getting the 11k regulars lost back on side, might contribute a lot more financially than aiming to have 8-10k of non-complaining fanson board.

Archived