BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mike Cheston - Venky Puppet

.....but Blackpool may well be non league after this season ? So might well be that their protests are not working! They however have continued to make a profit but the owner still puts nothing in. We on the other hand make a loss... Not because of share holder dividends but through the running of the club.

Spoken like a true accountant.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to worry Cheston says so it must be true :wacko:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14623116.Blackburn_Rovers_are_in____much_better_financial_place_____but_not_where_we_need_to_be___/?ref=mac

Rovers are going to be FFP compliant for 2 Seasons in a row. I wonder if Rovers get an award for that and for being just about the only Club who pay any attention to FFP as it suits the owners agenda imo.

Cheston says “We don’t need to (sell players) for cash-flow purposes but sometimes you’ll find yourself in a position where you have to sell your best players ( especilally when Bling wants to throw a party, Mrs D needs a silicon implant or Venkytash needs a shave).”

He's smarmy looking git - just my personal opinion.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14623116.Blackburn_Rovers_are_in____much_better_financial_place_____but_not_where_we_need_to_be___/?ref=mac

Rovers are going to be FFP compliant for 2 Seasons in a row. I wonder if Rovers get an award for that and for being just about the only Club who pay any attention to FFP as it suits the owners agenda imo.

"Every season brings a new challenge so we need to remind Owen (Coyle, manager) if he needs reminding that we need to keep within FFP this year."

Love that the editor felt the need to remind LT readers that the Owen in question is "Coyle" and that he's a "manager". Bizarre.

Cheston says “We don’t need to (sell players) for cash-flow purposes but sometimes you’ll find yourself in a position where you have to sell your best players ( especilally when Bling wants to throw a party, Mrs D needs a silicon implant or Venkytash needs a shave).”

'Cheston stated the commitment of Rovers owners Venky's (sic) 'cannot be questioned''.

Why the hell not? I'll bloody question 'em if they ever show their faces again!

'Cheston stated the commitment of Rovers owners Venky's (sic) 'cannot be questioned''.

I think Cheston meant that the commitment of Rovers owners Venky’s (to taking every penny they can out of the Club) ‘cannot be questioned’......and I genuinely believe that Cheston is on some sort of pay/bonus deal to achieve that.

I await the ‘key appointment to the management team’ with baited breath. NOT. They delay apparently due to they difficulty in finding someone willing to bend over and take one on a daily basis.

Oh, Venky's are committed alright... to wrecking the club.

"Every season brings a new challenge so we need to remind Owen (Coyle, manager) if he needs reminding that we need to keep within FFP this year."

Love that the editor felt the need to remind LT readers that the Owen in question is "Coyle" and that he's a "manager". Bizarre.

Maybe the editor did it to remind Owen himself of his job and name, he does seem to be quite forgetful

Cheston says We dont need to (sell players) for cash-flow purposes but sometimes youll find yourself in a position where you have to sell your best players ( especilally when Bling wants to throw a party, Mrs D needs a silicon implant or Venkytash needs a shave).

Also sounds like that Pasha bloke will be given an official job as opposed to.....well whatever he did before.

Also sounds like that Pasha bloke will be given an official job as opposed to.....well whatever he did before.

Funnily enough he worked for our ex controlling agency Kentaro wouldn't you know it !

Anything CAN be questioned. That's what it's all about. Questioning is how you learn and develop and challenge things. What he means is we shouldn't question them. But when everything they do and say is wrong, why the heck not

''Cheston stated that the commitment of the owners 'cannot be questioned' ''

Yes that's right Cheston,the total commitment to the utter ruination of Blackburn Rovers.

Arrrgggghhhhh!!!! :angry:

We have entered a Kafkaesque nightmare.

''Cheston stated that the commitment of the owners 'cannot be questioned' ''

Yes that's right Cheston,the total commitment to the utter ruination of Blackburn Rovers.

Arrrgggghhhhh!!!! :angry:

Committed owners would be ignoring FFP like half the league and investing in the team not trousering every pound that comes their way.

He's insulting the fans' intelligence with comments like that. And I know for a FACT that the club is up for sale (at a ridiculous price). (From connections with those indirectly involved with Seneca.)

Isn't it kafkaesque? Love the Castle. Weird but somehow compelling. Man's search for identity and affirmation

It is Gumboots, typed in haste. Not read it, but the plot of the Castle could very easily translate to Venkys ownership of Rovers. Unresponsive bureaucracy, the frustration of trying to conduct business with non-transparent, seemingly arbitrary controlling systems, and the futile pursuit of an unobtainable goal (from wiki)

Committed owners would be ignoring FFP like half the league and investing in the team not trousering every pound that comes their way.

He's insulting the fans' intelligence with comments like that. And I know for a FACT that the club is up for sale (at a ridiculous price). (From connections with those indirectly involved with Seneca.)

Now there's a post.

How much? This is exactly the kind of story that the local media should be all over. On the one hand, it could ultimately lead to a sale through free advertising. On the other, getting them laughed at in the mass media for the daft price tag could also get to them.

This should not be a secret. Especially if it's factual as you state.

Well that's a start OJ! Best news I've heard in ages. Can you PM me some detail.

Well that's a start OJ! Best news I've heard in ages. Can you PM me some detail.

Yes, most interesting post in months potentially.

We can only speculate but I'm assuming Venkys will want their money back ie they will expect some mug to pay a fortune to cover their blunders.

Nobody will of course so what's their plan?

An endless conveyor belt of players sold for profit over years I imagine and the club run at as minimal expense as possible.

No Rovers fan should buy into this.

Oh, and before anyone says this is normal and we have always been a selling club, what is different is that performances on the field, results, position in the table, what league we are in, probably even attendances will not matter.

This will be all about money for Venkys, Rovers don't count.

Yes, most interesting post in months potentially.

We can only speculate but I'm assuming Venkys will want their money back ie they will expect some mug to pay a fortune to cover their blunders.

Nobody will of course so what's their plan?

An endless conveyor belt of players sold for profit over years I imagine and the club run at as minimal expense as possible.

No Rovers fan should buy into this.

Agree 47er - and would just go to show the FFP .. ABC ... XYZ excuse is just a load of old tosh

What cracked me up more was this which I'm surprised nobody else picked up on

Asked whether Rovers will need to win promotion to the Premier League or sell players to get to where the club needs to be, Cheston said: “It depends what your overheads are.

“Premier League would be a massive wish for but we’re not going to rely on that.

Not going to rely on it ... what a joke - as if we are going to be or get anywhere near it under the present circumstances

And sell players to be where the club needs to be - so where will that be then?

Archived