BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mike Cheston - Venky Puppet

Christ it worse than two ex wives hiding behind the door with a rolling pin waiting to pounce . Must be a record for you jbzize , 1 & half minutes to say opposite .Hungover and can't be arsed arguing with you . You know best .

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ it worse than two ex wives hiding behind the door with a rolling pin waiting to pounce . Must be a record for you jbzize . Hungover and can't be arsed arguing with you . You know best .

Like I said yesterday abbey, if you are going to post stuff on a public forum, it might be questioned! The owners are 120m+ in the hole to the banks.

If you said "I don't want another penny going to some dodgy agent" it would be a lot more realistic reason to abstain from spending.

To be honest it probably makes little or no difference if people turn up or not. The club is so financially broken a few extra quid through the gates won't stop us from selling anything of worth and replacing with lower standard freebies and loans. Personally I am not going to Ewood because they have pushed me past breaking point and the long journey, which was a habit, is now more of a chore. Each to their own really.

Like I said yesterday abbey, if you are going to post stuff on a public forum, it might be questioned! The owners are 120m+ in the hole to the banks.

If you said "I don't want another penny going to some dodgy agent" it would be a lot more realistic reason to abstain from spending.

So you really think they've made nothing off owning us ?

Smoke n mirrors dear chap smoke n mirrors

We are in completely uncharted territory at Rovers so there is no definite right answer. Normally when things go wrong on the pitch, fans take up protests against the manager who ultimately carries the can. The cultural differences in Venkys presumably seeing this as a direct challenge of their authority dug their heels in over - although I suspect that his agent, a friend of the family apparently, was going into overdrive with the spin (helped by the lack of numbers at the protests). However, in backing Kean even after the Wigan game when everyone turned they changed the rules.

Kean should have gone earlier to save our Premier League status. They may have received advice but ultimately it is their decision. He definitely should have gone after relegation. Instead 10,000 fans walked away. Overnight.

An empty stadium protest is the last resort in embarrassing a club so much that they replace the manager. Venkys have proved that the fans concerns are ignored so attention has turned to them. People see this as futile but what alternatives are there? In my view there are two alternatives to visible and constructive protests: one, to give up and walk away, two, to give up and just watch the football. Our fans seem to have divided right down the middle with both.

The thing is, of protests, boycotts and KCAKO, the only one guaranteed to have no effect whatsoever on making a change is the last one. Anyone who falls into that camp is effectively condoning Venkys. Personally I'm very much waiting for the next protest. Another Bowyer, i.e. a W1 D1 L1 record, will continue to divide the fans and keep protests at bay.

You do know they've never seen a penny of any Rovers fans money right.

Nagging people to justify themselves? I thought my post was about 47er saying something will "work" without any proof or an example!

An empty stadium, well we had less than 5k on (I think) for Swansea at home under GB and it made little difference.

I think their is also an irony in the fact we played city next and we had a big crowd, took 5000 away.

In terms of your original post - their are many protesters or boycotters who have made their decision based on principles... Nothing to argue there!

You want proof!! You just want to do nothing and you have plenty of company there. If everybody does nothing then nothing will change----simple.

You prove it wouldn't work.

Nagging people to justify themselves? I thought my post was about 47er saying something will "work" without any proof or an example!

An empty stadium, well we had less than 5k on (I think) for Swansea at home under GB and it made little difference.

I think their is also an irony in the fact we played city next and we had a big crowd, took 5000 away.

In terms of your original post - their are many protesters or boycotters who have made their decision based on principles... Nothing to argue there!

You have cherry picked two FA Cup matches to justify your argument. These have traditionally low attendances and in the case of Man City there were 18,000 in attendance of which 8,000 were City fans. They were both televised and early kick offs but my point still stands.

The argument for boycotting applies to league games (hence the season ticket debate) only and exceptionally low crowds every other week at Ewood would make people sit up and take notice.

You are correct though about being principled.

We are in completely uncharted territory at Rovers so there is no definite right answer. Normally when things go wrong on the pitch, fans take up protests against the manager who ultimately carries the can. The cultural differences in Venkys presumably seeing this as a direct challenge of their authority dug their heels in over - although I suspect that his agent, a friend of the family apparently, was going into overdrive with the spin (helped by the lack of numbers at the protests). However, in backing Kean even after the Wigan game when everyone turned they changed the rules.

Kean should have gone earlier to save our Premier League status. They may have received advice but ultimately it is their decision. He definitely should have gone after relegation. Instead 10,000 fans walked away. Overnight.

An empty stadium protest is the last resort in embarrassing a club so much that they replace the manager. Venkys have proved that the fans concerns are ignored so attention has turned to them. People see this as futile but what alternatives are there? In my view there are two alternatives to visible and constructive protests: one, to give up and walk away, two, to give up and just watch the football. Our fans seem to have divided right down the middle with both.

The thing is, of protests, boycotts and KCAKO, the only one guaranteed to have no effect whatsoever on making a change is the last one. Anyone who falls into that camp is effectively condoning Venkys. Personally I'm very much waiting for the next protest. Another Bowyer, i.e. a W1 D1 L1 record, will continue to divide the fans and keep protests at bay.

What is KCAKO?

You place supporters in different 'camps' and then complain a manager may divide the supporters. Interesting thought process.

The boycotters may say you're condoning Venky's by buying at season ticket. In fact, some have. You seem to be wanting to have your cake and eat it, whilst at the same time criticising those that just want to go and watch the football. Again, an interesting viewpoint.

Why wait for the next protest, why not organise it? You might find the odd happy-clapper joins in, just like they did last time.

Bowyer finished Top 10 in both his full seasons in charge. Considering what preceeded him it's no wonder there were no protests.

That remark and post wasn't directly aimed at you, so don't take it personally. it was a comment on how people like myself feel when people are constantly having their motives questioned for boycotting. Everyone's motives might slightly differ but having them questioned by people who don't agree isn't going to change their minds so it becomes totally moot.

Id like to see people go on a Blackpool forum and tell them all to buy season tickets because not attending is achieving nothing. Sometimes it is a point of principal.

.....but Blackpool may well be non league after this season ? So might well be that their protests are not working! They however have continued to make a profit but the owner still puts nothing in. We on the other hand make a loss... Not because of share holder dividends but through the running of the club.

Reading the comments and you come to one obvious conclusion...we are a divided supporter base.

This is falling right into Venkys hands,they must be p!ssing themselves laughing.

The Seven or Eight thousand home fans who turn up this coming season don't want to protest and are just happy to 'support the team'.

Thousands HAVE walked away on principle ...just maybe they can see the bigger picture going on.

Que serra serra..the choice is yours.I'm personally at peace with my decision and have been for three seasons.

#VenkysOut

#ChestonOut

#Boycotting

.....but Blackpool may well be non league after this season ? So might well be that their protests are not working! They however have continued to make a profit but the owner still puts nothing in. We on the other hand make a loss... Not because of share holder dividends but through the running of the club.

so would you tell a Blackpool fan to buy a ticket for oyston FC ?

On the appointment of the go-between

We’ve conducted a number of interviews.

“We need to advise the successful applicant once we’ve clarified a couple of points but they will strengthen significantly the communication links between us and India, which can only be a good thing.”

Maybe the radical new thing called a telephone could be used ?

After this long interview process and clarifying a couple of points (work visa ? )wonder when Suhail will be announced?

• Backroom

“We need to advise the successful applicant once we’ve clarified a couple of points but they will strengthen significantly the communication links between us and India, which can only be a good thing.”

Maybe the radical new thing called a telephone could be used?

Shortlist:

Pasha

Judan Ali

Steve Kean

Paul Agnew

Steve Kean's Wife

Maybe the radical new thing called a telephone could be used?

Steady. You'll be mentioning Skype next.

It's frightening to think the club is 'still making settlement payments in relation to prior periods'. The contracts handed out by Kean/Anderson must have been insane. I remember Shaw making specific reference to Simon Vucevic(sp) in relation to ongoing contractaul stuff. God knows what he was on.

At least we've passed the FFP rules for another year. Amazing what £20m in transfer fees will do. :( No excuse for not spending a good proportion of the money Hanley brings in.

Maybe the radical new thing called a telephone could be used ?

After this long interview process and clarifying a couple of points (work visa ? )wonder when Suhail announced?

We've just had this Pasha wondering around the place, was instrumental in bringing Lambert to the club then ceased all communication in either direction with the manager and owners :angry2:

Just **** off, you must think we're all idiots.

I appreciate Cheston's continued efforts to communicate.

It seems the club and owners are still hiding behind FFP rules as a reason why we can't spend money on new players. We've spent less and received more in player sales in the last 12 months than any club outside the Premier League, pocketing in excess of £20 million, yet Cheston seems to think it is an achievement that we've met FFP rules. If we had failed to do so then it would have been unbelievable.

What do we do now? Never spend money ever again? Bemoan the rules whilst the likes of Wolves and Villa are getting taken over by Chinese billionaires who clearly arent bothered by the rules preventing them from spending.

If the owners are so committed then why don't they put their hands in their pockets and sign some quality players? If they are so committed why did Lambert walk away after months of asking them to speak and support him?

Sat at Morecambe yesterday it might as well have been 2012. In the last 4 years nothing has really changed, certainly not for the better. Yes the finances are more manageable and Kean has gone, but we're still in the Championship, still in a financial mess, still being mismanaged from the owners down.

Brought on by the gross neglect and mismanagement of those shareholders and their friends. That's why we are protesting as it never seems to end. We expect to pattern to continue as long as they own the club, it's been going on nearly 6 god damn years now.

In case you hadn't noticed we are now on our 3rd manager in the space of less than a year, also our 3rd change of coaching staff. All this costs money and continues to add to the losses and the chaos and annoy people. Throw in the ridiculous director situation and all the money brought in from sales but no players bought what the hell do they expect.

I'm at a loss why this even needs explaining !

Archived