BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mike Cheston - Venky Puppet

He'll be at Wigan away DMTP...well that's how I read it anyway.

Fair enough

Regarding Cheston ....

Though he was daft to say it - is it not true ?

Boycotting will make what difference ? Do they really believe our owners will go because they are boycotting ?

Personally I am totally exasperated by the whole thing - I don't think boycotting will make any difference, other than weaken the club - but I appreciate why some are boycotting.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The spine of this man, the absolute spine of him. I cannot believe what I've woken up to and read this morning, if he was in reaching distance he'd be a very unfortunate man.

“If it’s a protest vote then you’re damaging the club, you’re damaging the staff, you’re damaging something you actually enjoy doing."

So... I am damaging the club. Wow. Absolutely @#/? unbelievable. Believe me Mike, if I actually enjoyed going to Rovers then I would go but while Venkys are here? No, no I don't. My choice not to go isn't solely because of this, it's because of the Venkys have almost ruined my football club.

To blame the fans for damaging the football club whilst being Venkys personal arse piece is beyond comprehension. Best thing to do there would have been to shut up because behaviour like that is only going to further encourage people like myself to stay away and strengthen my belief that this is the right thing to do. Personally, if I feel the overwhelming urge to go and see Rovers then it will be away from home.

What Mike fails to appreciate behind his silly little desk, looking at figures and spreadsheets is that... VENKYS haven't just damaged my football club, they have single handedly ruined a community of people with a common interest. I accept there are people who will disagree with me in my decision to boycott but fans like me are left with very few choices under the circumstances. My dad won't be renewing after decades of support... These are the sort of fans that have been lost due to the DAMAGE they have done. My dad's decision not to go isn't even as in depth as mine, he's just fed up with it and doesn't even get any enjoyment out of it now, it's been totally sucked out of it for him. Why should he feel any different? With no investment into the playing staff, no atmosphere, bad football, no ambition, what exactly is it that you're supposed to believe in? We both hope for the sake of the club that the team and manager pull off some sort of miracle because that's what it's going to take now.

To point the finger and say "You're damaging the club"... Unbelievable. As someone else pointed out, this stinks of desperation, from a guy who is out of his depth and knows it. The gloves are off Mike Cheston, you absolute cretin, you're in the firing line now.

Venkys Out! Cheston Out!

I know this will go down like a lead balloon - but how exactly is boycotting the club helping it ?

I appreciate why some are doing it - but what exactly is the aim ? Though our current position is totally the responsibility of our owners - in essence what he is saying is correct - we have no parachute payments and are totally reliant on fans base, player sales and anything our owners want to cover. Fewer fans through the gate will impact on our ability to maintain current staffing levels etc. Why we are in this position is the responsibility of the owners - but whether we like it or not - what he is saying is the current reality.

We've been screaming out for someone or something to unite behind and they know this. Bringing Owen Coyle through the door was never going to do it infact quite the opposite, they'll also know that.

It matters not a jot because Coyle is here to wheel and deal and oversee more big departures bringing in cash and cover that the best he can, that is why he's here. Cash is going to be generated to run the club and service the debt and pay any hidden people their %, not the crowds or the paltry income from it.

I'll say it again it matters not a jot and sadly cuts will come at ground level on ground staff etc to cover it you could guess that from Chestons words. Ultimately we know who's to blame and no one else so they should cover it end of !

Our sub 10k gates will be noticed next season. Those outwith this forum won't put that down to a boycott or the ownership though. It will be further evidence of 'Blackburn's sh 1t support'.

Who will notice - other than Burnley fans taking joy in our continued demise. Possibly a small paragraph in a local rag, or small mention in a national - hardly going to make the Venky's go.

Who will notice - other than Burnley fans taking joy in our continued demise. Possibly a small paragraph in a local rag, or small mention in a national - hardly going to make the Venky's go.

Agreed. It will barely make a ripple but some supporters of other clubs will see our poor gates and empty stands. They won't put that down to a heroic stand against the owners.

Venkys won't give a stuff.

dont give a @#/? what dingles think.

A PR own goal from a Rovers spokesman, what a surprise!

Would he buying a season ticket if the roles were reversed? I think not.

Out of his depth by several lengths.

& it's quite clear that Stockholm Syndrome is rife amongst what's left of the fan base.

When I posted that I was told I had no understanding of the term and I should look it up in a Thesaurus!

Finally, according to some,the solution is to continue to attend, then the media will report positively on our attendance figures and Venkys will have more money to do whatever they usually do with it?

How will that solve the problem exactly? Won't they just take any extra money and carry on just the same?

I know this will go down like a lead balloon - but how exactly is boycotting the club helping it ?

I appreciate why some are doing it - but what exactly is the aim ? Though our current position is totally the responsibility of our owners - in essence what he is saying is correct - we have no parachute payments and are totally reliant on fans base, player sales and anything our owners want to cover. Fewer fans through the gate will impact on our ability to maintain current staffing levels etc. Why we are in this position is the responsibility of the owners - but whether we like it or not - what he is saying is the current reality.

Those who keep questioning it are totally missing the point. It's about taking a stand and saying "enough is enough, I'm not being part of this". Now I accept there will be 1000's that will still go and that's fair enough but let's just imagine if they chose not to and stand with us, with gates of hundreds in 30,000 seater stadium... What sort of message would that send to the rest of the footballing world and the F.A.? A strong one in my opinion, one that would make me proud of our fan base... Even if for only one game.

Another point I'll make, people like me who feel venomous on certain match days don't want to spoil whatever atmosphere there is still left for everyone else. I want the manager and the team to do well and I wouldn't want to poison the atmosphere If things go sour and end up in arguments with other fans like in the past. I've vented my anger and protested inside the ground, outside the ground, at other grounds, at the training ground, I've spoken on the phone to former chairman, I've made banners... This is the only way I can process my anger and frustration towards the owners now... By not paying into it. No more, not one single penny. I've done my bit, I've fought for our legacy and i'll continue to do so next weekend with the Blackpool fans in our protest against the owners and the F.A.

For many fans like me it's the only option that feels right anymore and no-one has the right to even question it in my opinion and we shouldn't have to feel the need to justify it anymore either. If it hurts the club... Fine. If it hurts the owners... Fine. If it hurts the feelings of our fans... Fine but take it up with the owners because it's all their fault, not mine or yours like Cheston would have you believe.

Cheston (Brown Nose) Out! Venkys Out!

When I posted that I was told I had no understanding of the term and I should look it up in a Thesaurus!

So the solution is to continue to attend, then the media will report positively on our attendance figures an Venkys will have more money to do whatever they usually do with it?

How will that solve the problem exactly?

"So if the answers not boycott, it means the answer is turn up?".. Why one or the other the solution? I'd suggest neither on their own will do.

Did it ever occur to anyone that the fans can't "solve the problem"?

"So if the answers not boycott, it means the answer is turn up?".. Why one or the other the solution? I'd suggest neither on their own will do.

Did it ever occur to anyone that the fans can't "solve the problem"?

As I've said so many times, if a League game were scheduled at Ewood and nobody turned up, it would be headline news. Venkys would be gone in a month, running from humiliation.

But if the fans can't solve the problem, then at least they can stop paying for it.

As I've said so many times, if a League game were scheduled at Ewood and nobody turned up, it would be headline news. Venkys would be gone in a month, running from humiliation.

But if the fans can't solve the problem, then at least they can stop paying for it.

100% correct !

Ah so the fans still going are "helping" the problem or "damaging" the club...

The plot thickens.

Don't you get bored of throwing out the same lines and pursuing the same arguments day in day out?

I know we all do it, but you're incessant Jbozzle, I'm not having a go at you at all, just asking the question?

Don't you get bored of throwing out the same lines and pursuing the same arguments day in day out?

I know we all do it, but you're incessant Jbozzle, I'm not having a go at you at all, just asking the question?

Do I get bored of personal remarks in the place of any actual discussion, yes I do.

Do I get bored of asking questions or for validation of others stated "facts"? Depends whether it's a constantly repeated one like the above; "empty stadium will get rid of owners"..

I might have believed it but since we've already seen 12000 fans walk away, it's hard to see how it will achieve what people want it to.

Do I get bored of personal remarks in the place of any actual discussion, yes I do.

Do I get bored of asking questions or for validation of others stated "facts"? Depends whether it's a constantly repeated one like the above; "empty stadium will get rid of owners"..

I might have believed it but since we've already seen 12000 fans walk away, it's hard to see how it will achieve what people want it to.

Venkys out , old boy no other way ...

I think an empty stadium would get rid of the owners, but we'll never get to test the theory sadly.

We both wants Venkys out, lets agree on that :tu:

Ah so the fans still going are "helping" the problem or "damaging" the club...

The plot thickens.

Depends on your perception. If you want to go and feel good about it then no one should tell you otherwise, enjoy it. Be respectful of those who feel the polar opposite though... The constant nagging for those choosing to boycott to justify ourselves is really starting to wear thin, we have our reasons and they've been discussed at length time and time again, it's getting tiresome.

I love the idea of an empty stadium for one match but how do we organise that? So many people are addicted to watching Rovers that they would find it impossible not to turn up. I am sure other clubs have discussed the empty stadium option - Blackpool, Charlton even Leeds but how can it ever be a reality?

If we concede that an empty stadium is just not going to happen, the alternative is turning up and everybody doing something that will attract the attention of the media, Charlton managed to some extent last season by disrupting a match with beach balls. Blackpool invaded the pitch.

I think we need to select one home match and do something that will completely take attention away from the match and make everyone talk about what the crowd were doing.

Maybe each fan could take a postcard with a printed vote of no confidence in Venky's ownership and then seat by seat, row by row, people take it in turns to walk to the pitch side and throw it on the pitch. Blackburn End then Riverside then Darwen End then Jack Walker. That would probably last the whole 90 minutes.

Very difficult to organise but more achievable than an empty stadium. I agree with 47er, we need to humiliate the owners so much that they will eventually walk away

I won't be involved in that because it means giving venkys blood money and they are not getting another penny off me .

You do know they've never seen a penny of any Rovers fans money right.

Depends on your perception. If you want to go and feel good about it then no one should tell you otherwise, enjoy it. Be respectful of those who feel the polar opposite though... The constant nagging for those choosing to boycott to justify ourselves is really starting to wear thin, we have our reasons and they've been discussed at length time and time again, it's getting tiresome.

Nagging people to justify themselves? I thought my post was about 47er saying something will "work" without any proof or an example!

An empty stadium, well we had less than 5k on (I think) for Swansea at home under GB and it made little difference.

I think their is also an irony in the fact we played city next and we had a big crowd, took 5000 away.

In terms of your original post - their are many protesters or boycotters who have made their decision based on principles... Nothing to argue there!

Archived