BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clear as day that this Senior chap is in to clear the decks and then bugger off into the sunset with a golden handshake. Staring League One right in the face and they won't even sign off on loans.

You do feel the end game has to be near-ish.

I really hope so, let's start again.

It's a relegation dogfight for the team and the fans but what is it to the owners? They clearly do not care whether we are relegated again or not, otherwise they would be strengthening the squad not weakening it.

It's obvious that any player is for sale, what will we be left with? How can going along to games to cheer the lads on possibly compensate for what the treacherous owners are doing?

In short, how can anyone continue to support this farce let alone enjoy it?

Same as last time then only instead of their partners blowing the tune of 50 mill parachute money in their ears this time it's hey we can really slash the budget and fill the team with cheap wages.

Not saying they have planned to go down but i am saying they don't give a flying one as it opens the door halve everyday costs overnight.

To compete in the Championship you're up against the parachute rich clubs like Norwich and Villa and clubs with wealthy benefactors who get involved in football to invest and improve their clubs like Derby, Sheffield Wednesday and Brighton.

Most clubs in this division, even those towards the bottom end of it like Forest and Bristol City, lose millions of pounds year in year out, it's part of the job. Its not just Rovers losing money hand over fist, its almost impossible not to.

To exist in League One things get a lot easier for owners who either haven't got the money to invest or more likely haven't got the interest to invest their own cash and never have had since the day they decided to buy the club. There's no other parachute rich clubs down there, no other owners spending millions a year on quality players to try and get promoted. Only really Sheffield United and Bradford with big crowds. The majority of clubs lead a small-time sustainable existence on gates of 5,000 a week in small stadia with reasonably manageable wage bills and minimal owner investment, certainly not on the levels we're seeing in the Championship.

This summer will see the last few big earners depart. Lowe, Marshall, Guthrie out of contract, if we go down then Graham, Evans, Conway and Mulgrew will be snapped up by someone in the Championship. Then a squad can be assembled through 4-5 cheap loans, another 7-8 free agents on £5k a week max and maybe promote another 3-4 from the reserves to make up the numbers.

If Cheston gets his way we can be sure to see half of Ewood shut down, probably the same at Brockhall and lord knows what happens with the academy, but presumably that will have to go as we have to 'cut our cloth' for the 3rd division.

I can certainly see the attraction though. Things become a lot more manageable financially when you have a business plan to be a small scale enterprise competing with other small operations rather than attempting to keep up or compete with those who have money and ambition. A black hole of £15-20 million per year if reduced to less than £10 million a year with wage reductions and regular player sales becomes more manageable and more in keeping with the £5 million per year 'investment' they announced when they bought the club.

To compete in the Championship you're up against the parachute rich clubs like Norwich and Villa and clubs with wealthy benefactors who get involved in football to invest and improve their clubs like Derby, Sheffield Wednesday and Brighton.

Most clubs in this division, even those towards the bottom end of it like Forest and Bristol City, lose millions of pounds year in year out, it's part of the job. Its not just Rovers losing money hand over fist, its almost impossible not to.

To exist in League One things get a lot easier for owners who either haven't got the money to invest or more likely haven't got the interest to invest their own cash and never have had since the day they decided to buy the club. There's no other parachute rich clubs down there, no other owners spending millions a year on quality players to try and get promoted. Only really Sheffield United and Bradford with big crowds. The majority of clubs lead a small-time sustainable existence on gates of 5,000 a week in small stadia with reasonably manageable wage bills and minimal owner investment, certainly not on the levels we're seeing in the Championship.

This summer will see the last few big earners depart. Lowe, Marshall, Guthrie out of contract, if we go down then Graham, Evans, Conway and Mulgrew will be snapped up by someone in the Championship. Then a squad can be assembled through 4-5 cheap loans, another 7-8 free agents on £5k a week max and maybe promote another 3-4 from the reserves to make up the numbers.

If Cheston gets his way we can be sure to see half of Ewood shut down, probably the same at Brockhall and lord knows what happens with the academy, but presumably that will have to go as we have to 'cut our cloth' for the 3rd division.

I can certainly see the attraction though. Things become a lot more manageable financially when you have a business plan to be a small scale enterprise competing with other small operations rather than attempting to keep up or compete with those who have money and ambition. A black hole of £15-20 million per year if reduced to less than £10 million a year with wage reductions and regular player sales becomes more manageable and more in keeping with the £5 million per year 'investment' they announced when they bought the club.

The slight problem with that, is the £130m debt. I haven't checked, but would assume that every other club in league one this year and next, will have an advantage over us, in that respect. As I have said before, I can only see the fact that they have something serious to hide, being the reason Venky's hold on to us. They will never get that money back and will continue to lose even more money in league one, as the external debt if nothing else, still needs servicing. No way is this viable anymore, yet they won't throw the towel in. Why?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15027845._You_can___t_say_it___s_a_surprise____sound_of_silence_a_major_worry_for_Blackburn_Rovers_boss/

'There's a lot of talk about Ben Marshall going to Wolves, and he would be a big loss'

Is there? Where's all this talk then? The only 'talk' about Marshall and Wolves I'm aware of has been Nixon peddling away on Twitter. The Lancashire Telegraph then lazily used that to produce about 12 back pages worth of headlines.

Maybe Wolves are interested, maybe they aren't. Only time will tell if he goes there. But the only real talk of him going to Wolves has actually come from the Telegraph themselves, so they are actually the biggest proponents of this rumour, and it appears to have entirely come from Nixon with his suspect motives.

I genuinely don't think Wolves will come in for him now following their recent run of form, they wont get relegated neither will they get promoted. Why waste money now that can be better spent in the summer when there is much better value for money. I think Lambert may spend the next few months evaluating his squad and look at exactly what he needs. I think the stuff in the LT is fed to them by the club, Coyle, etc and with each passing day appears more and more desperate.

The only time I think Wolves will come in is at the very end of the window with a paltry offer that basically gets his wages off the books. Rovers have absolutely no bargaining chips here.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15027845._You_can___t_say_it___s_a_surprise____sound_of_silence_a_major_worry_for_Blackburn_Rovers_boss/

'There's a lot of talk about Ben Marshall going to Wolves, and he would be a big loss'

Is there? Where's all this talk then? The only 'talk' about Marshall and Wolves I'm aware of has been Nixon peddling away on Twitter. The Lancashire Telegraph then lazily used that to produce about 12 back pages worth of headlines.

Maybe Wolves are interested, maybe they aren't. Only time will tell if he goes there. But the only real talk of him going to Wolves has actually come from the Telegraph themselves, so they are actually the biggest proponents of this rumour, and it appears to have entirely come from Nixon with his suspect motives.

Is this Owen showing his agency colours ?

I genuinely don't think Wolves will come in for him now following their recent run of form, they wont get relegated neither will they get promoted. Why waste money now that can be better spent in the summer when there is much better value for money. I think Lambert may spend the next few months evaluating his squad and look at exactly what he needs. I think the stuff in the LT is fed to them by the club, Coyle, etc and with each passing day appears more and more desperate.

The only time I think Wolves will come in is at the very end of the window with a paltry offer that basically gets his wages off the books. Rovers have absolutely no bargaining chips here.

I think that is about right hence the outburst from Marshall. I think what Marshall said was spot on and he knows that now means Coyle will want rid. Earlier in the season Guthrie spoke out, after the Fulham game and Coyle announced shortly after that he had no future at the club. Coyle has form with things like this and I am personally aware of some, from his time at Bolton.

I think that is about right hence the outburst from Marshall. I think what Marshall said was spot on and he knows that now means Coyle will want rid. Earlier in the season Guthrie spoke out, after the Fulham game and Coyle announced shortly after that he had no future at the club. Coyle has form with things like this and I am personally aware of some, from his time at Bolton.

Coyle looking like he's one who holds grudges and obviously not showing true professionalism

Olsson moves and Emnes confirmed as gone back it seems.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38636893

Looks like the Senior is out of lock down :blink:

Do you mean Senior has failed in his first mission? I assume he is here to bring success to the club, by way of signings and retaining players that are here already. The sceptic inside me thinks he is here to reduce the wage bill still further and sell anyone, who can command a fee.

Do you mean Senior has failed in his first mission? I assume he is here to bring success to the club, by way of signings and retaining players that are here already. The sceptic inside me thinks he is here to reduce the wage bill still further and sell anyone, who can command a fee.

That's a terrible thing to say wash your mouth out with soap and water.

I'm not convinced that Senior is here to do the selling as that can be dealt with by Cheston, I think he's here to bring in cheap players. Scouring the leagues for players who are available on frees, free agents an those coming to the end of their contracts.

My dad has recently moved to a new club in the FL recently, a league above his previous club so now hears rumours from a different gene pool to where he was at. I spoke to him at dinner and he said the word on the jungle drums is that Emnes is wanting paying up by Swansea, so there could be a stand off there for a bit I would guess. Whatever happens I don't see him being a Blackburn Rovers player at the end of this month.

I'm not convinced that Senior is here to do the selling as that can be dealt with by Cheston, I think he's here to bring in cheap players. Scouring the leagues for players who are available on frees, free agents an those coming to the end of their contracts.

My dad has recently moved to a new club in the FL recently, a league above his previous club so now hears rumours from a different gene pool to where he was at. I spoke to him at dinner and he said the word on the jungle drums is that Emnes is wanting paying up by Swansea, so there could be a stand off there for a bit I would guess. Whatever happens I don't see him being a Blackburn Rovers player at the end of this month.

Wonder what your dad hears in the football circles concerning BRFC and it's running?

He's basically doing what Pasha and Cheston have been doing for the last 18 months, only in theory Senior will be an 'expert' in the field as he should have more contacts and knowledge of the football industry (at least that is what he'll have told his new bosses) so he should be able to get interested parties to the table quicker and know how to handle the players and their agents.

If rumour is to be believed then Pasha is here reluctantly filling a brief set by his bosses in India. He doesn't want any publicity or attention and probably has little or no idea what he's doing in the wacky world of football. These last few months have seen the spotlight turned on him increasingly as the sole link to the owners and this is probably a reaction to that - to take himself out of the firing line before things get too nasty or intense and put some other puppet between the owners and fans who can turn up to the Q & A sessions and take the aggravation.

Likewise Cheston is evidently clueless when it comes to football as seen by his ludicrous comments in the summer and his recent silence. He's probably realised what a laughing stock he made of himself with his comments about Coyle and the outrageous managerial 'search' that he 'led' before going on his holidays leaving persons unknown to lure Coyle out of Houston and back to the UK.

Seniors appointment, in my prediction, will be nothing more than a way to help Pasha and Cheston continue whatever it is they're doing. Pasha can remain in the shadows and Cheston can concentrate on things like which part of the ground to close next. Senior can handle the flow of outgoings with his expertise.

Reports are already abound that Emnes has returned to Swansea.

John O'Sullivan has left Rovers, by what is described as mutual consent. That has to be a senior cost cutting exercise too. So today, we have Emnes leaving and O'Sullivan leaving. Marshall speaking out, about issues, but no sign of there being any funds for the 3 wise men that Coyle has lined up to save us.

John O'Sullivan has left Rovers, by what is described as mutual consent. That has to be a senior cost cutting exercise too. So today, we have Emnes leaving and O'Sullivan leaving. Marshall speaking out, about issues, but no sign of there being any funds for the 3 wise men that Coyle has lined up to save us.

3 more unknown and not good enough academy players on the bench Saturday then.

Nobody was ever going to pay a fee for O'Sullivan so cancelling his contract/releasing his registration is the only way to get rid really. Surprised its not been done sooner, its been clear he wasn't going to make the grade for a long time.

Reports are already abound that Emnes has returned to Swansea.

Yep, he will be trying to thrash out his severence deal I imagine. Would be an attractive free agent for some top half championship clubs.

Nobody was ever going to pay a fee for O'Sullivan so cancelling his contract/releasing his registration is the only way to get rid really. Surprised its not been done sooner, its been clear he wasn't going to make the grade for a long time.

pity we did not take the 250k barnsley offered

Archived