BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15025060._They_are_at_good_clubs____Blackburn_Rovers_in_talks_with_three_transfer_targets/?ref=mr&lp=4

Very much more of the same. Coyle reckons talks are now ongoing with three clubs for these fabled three players he is keen to add. Apparently Senior is handling the negotiations and Coyle is 'led to believe' that talks are progressing.

No mention of the elephant in the room of Venkys. Have they authorised fees for these 3 players? Have they sanctioned bids? Have they given Senior the power to go out and recruit new players?

Coyle can talk until he is blue in the face about who he would like to add. Senior can negotiate all he likes with other clubs. Unless Venkys have suddenly decided to change their ways then its a waste of oxygen.

I suspect Senior is spending as much of his time trying to sort out some outgoings before incomings will be sanctioned. Expect a new wave of Marshall links to appear in the coming days, along with O'Sullivan and possibly a surprise one.

I would imagine Jason Lowe is on big money, given that he is a survivor of our premier league days. Also the fact that he is captain, will probably add to his wedge a touch too. It is highly likely that we can't afford to offer him a new deal, hence it running down like the Marshall one. Who knows, we are likely to be league one when it does expire, so getting his wages off the books will be seen as a relief.

Is he the idiot with the Rovers badge as his background ? He got a slagging from me last night.

Presume so he blocked me about 4 years ago. I politely put it to him that surely his family was embarrassed by the goings on at Rovers, this being just after the Kean/Berg/Appleton farce etc. His reply was "why" i kid you not. This is what we are up against with the likes of them.

He was also a friend of Roverstalk at the time so that might explain some of the head in the sand over there :lol:

Assuming nobody signs a new deal between now and the summer (which seems to be highly likely at the current rate as there appears to be no money or no wish to tie people down long term) then:

Lowe

Marshall

Akpan

Guthrie

Henley

Greer

Brown

Will all be on their way, leaving us with a senior outfield squad of 11-13 players depending on whether you count Nyambe and Mahoney as senior squad members. Of those Ward appears to be permanently injured and Stokes seems to disappear for weeks at a time before making brief cameos now and again. Neither can be relied upon to play regularly. There's no way Danny Graham, Corry Evans or Charlie Mulgrew will be staying at this club if we go down, both because their wages will be identified as costs to be cut and because none of them will want to play in the 3rd division. You can probably add Conway to that list also.

So if the current trajectory continues we're likely to be facing a situation in the summer of having a squad of 11, of which 3 or 4 want to leave/are being pushed out for financial reasons, 2 can't play regular games due to fitness/other issues and the remaining 5-6 are either not good enough or have yet to have a sustained run in the team to demonstrate their usefulness.

I'm glad they're sorting the club out and putting things right though.

If these 3 targets are good players at good clubs then why on earth are they wanting to come here?

He's a comedian though is our 'Coyley', you've got to give him that.

“There is always that fear as manager that someone else will steal them from you.

“That is why I am reluctant to mention any individual names for fear of alerting people to our targets.”

Comedy gold that.

If these 3 targets are good players at good clubs then why on earth are they wanting to come here?

There is always that fear as manager that someone else will steal them from you.

That is why I am reluctant to mention any individual names for fear of alerting people to our targets.

Comedy gold that.

Spinning like a top.

“There is always that fear as manager that someone else will steal them from you.

“That is why I am reluctant to mention any individual names for fear of alerting people to our targets.”

Comedy gold that.

That is the funnest line from hm for some time, as if the players agents are not letting other clubs know, as if the clubs are not letting other clubs know, as if the players are not talking, but you know what Colye you keep it out of the lancashire telegraph that will do it.

“All three players aren’t free agents, they are at other clubs, good clubs, and that’s why I think the dialogue continues.”

I'll take a guess at Lens, Rennes and the illustrious Vancouver Whitecaps. Hopefully I haven't alerted these other clubs waiting to pounce

“All three players aren’t free agents, they are at other clubs, good clubs, and that’s why I think the dialogue continues.”

I'll take a guess at Lens, Rennes and the illustrious Vancouver Whitecaps. Hopefully I haven't alerted these other clubs waiting to pounce

What about Mears? Is he a free agent?

I find the stories on the official website about Emnes strange, when have we ever talked in public about wanting to sign a player?

I'm pretty sure the carrot of signing Emnes will be dangled all window to distract fans only for him to sign for someone else and we talk about not being able to match them financially.

It's got to the point where if I didn't laugh I'd cry.

Careful - no names. We don't want to alert the top clubs to their availability. I had forgot about Mears - with the mighty Seattle Sounders apparently

Reminds me of my younger brother, he has a shiny in the playground (Marshall) and swaps it for a pile of swaps (The unknown 3)!

Archived