BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find the stories on the official website about Emnes strange, when have we ever talked in public about wanting to sign a player?

I'm pretty sure the carrot of signing Emnes will be dangled all window to distract fans only for him to sign for someone else and we talk about not being able to match them financially.

I expect the club and Coyle will already know the answer of whether or not Emnes is going to be staying until the end of the season. This line about talks ongoing and hopes of a deal being reached is just another smokescreen designed to keep people waiting until the window slams shut. They will know by now whether he's staying or going, if they don't there's something wrong, they will know what Swansea want by way of wages and will know if he's going back. They got lucky by the sounds of things that Swansea were prepared to send him here whilst covering the vast majority of his wages. Now Swansea want a different arrangement that is more favourable to them.

I'd like if at all possible for Emnes to stay because his departure would create another gap in the squad that would need to be filled before the end of the month with owners who aren't prepared to sanction new signings. The loan market is even more difficult to negotiate mid-season as there is minimal incentive on most clubs to allow players out to other clubs.

From Nixon

Blackburn. Cavare and Ba have told their clubs they want to move to Rovers. Still no go ahead from Venkys. #shocking

What salary will Rovers be paying ?

How much commission will the agent and Coyle receive ?

I think what we could really benefit from right now is a Football Director who is specifically employed to speed up transfers and improve communications with India.

That's a stupid idea and will never work. I can't think why you even thought that one up!

• Backroom

Seattle Sounders apparently. Illustrious.

Careful - no names. We don't want to alert the top clubs to their availability. I had forgot about Mears - with the mighty Seattle Sounders apparently

You folks do realise Seattle are MLS Champions and we are in the relegation zone of the Championship right?!

Seems a bit rich for us to be mocking their club no.

So Coyle has 3 players lined up to sign for what is a relegation dog fight now and is presumably hoping he gets the Marshall money to get these over the line. He's being ably assisted again in an arse covering exercise to the outside world by the by the Partick Twonk as usual.

Question is if this doesn't come off will he quit like his predecessor ? He'll have grounds to......

Assuming nobody signs a new deal between now and the summer (which seems to be highly likely at the current rate as there appears to be no money or no wish to tie people down long term) then:

Lowe

Marshall

Akpan

Guthrie

Henley

Greer

Brown

Will all be on their way, l

Of those only Akpan will be even slightly missed

They should sack their scouts immediately. A guy who struggles at right back and in midfield in the lower reaches of the champ lol

Any coincidence between this and the new SD we've allegedly taken on to oversee....ahem recruitment i wonder ?

Losing more homemade talents for free or hardly a fee to pay the bills! One who puts the necessary effort in but never developed. (many fingers to point at people responsible for that along with himself)

Hardly something worth celebrating. I'd sooner see endeavour at Ewood than lazy talents. If Jason goes up a league and finally makes in roads into his potential, I won't be taking any credit for giving him the benefit previously. I'll be glum to see YET another graduate of the gift we got from Jack Walker, plying their talents in the league above.

@#/? days.

Which part are you shocked about ?

It's a Nixon quote.

Losing more homemade talents for free or hardly a fee to pay the bills! One who puts the necessary effort in but never developed. (many fingers to point at people responsible for that along with himself)

Hardly something worth celebrating. I'd sooner see endeavour at Ewood than lazy talents. If Jason goes up a league and finally makes in roads into his potential, I won't be taking any credit for giving him the benefit previously. I'll be glum to see YET another graduate of the gift we got from Jack Walker, plying their talents in the league above.

@#/? days.

It's a Nixon quote.

Not sure anyone would know that from the post,

If it is a Nixon quote it just shows what a numpty he is, has he not learned anything about the Venky's over the last 5 years

Not sure anyone would know that from the post,

If it is a Nixon quote it just shows what a numpty he is, has he not learned anything about the Venky's over the last 5 years

I agree that some sort of actual referencing would help but it says from Nixon; and then it looks like a standard Nixon tweet.

Also agree that the red top Nixon and his agent pals have fingers in many pies. Not suprisingly, his agenda recently seems to be "defend Coyle".

Archived