SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Andy Bayes

Owen Coyle has 3 targets, who he says are all keen to sign.

Awaiting the go-ahead to do deals. Conway & Evans won't play. #rovers

So Coyle has been told what 3 duds we have to traffic through our once proud club to get more money to agents.

Can't wait

We weren't far off. And most of those players Bowyer bought on the cheap. Not a Stella performance but looks better every year that goes by.

He's been our best manager since Coco by a long chalk. I liked Lambert but to be honest he left before really doing anything of concequence. Our win loss record didn't change much, and none of his signings (apart from Graham) made an impact.

Lambert saved us from relegation, imo.

Our performances were deteriorating by the week. I am convinced that Lambert coming in and at least getting the squad fit saved us.

I agree Bowyer made some good signings but, once he had them he knew not what to do with them, King being the prime example.

! Not getting into a discussion on GB, it's like pulling teeth.... but...

King the prime example of GBs signings that he didn't know what to do with?

He was signed by Berg and spent many months out injured! He also got the attention of a prem team and thus a move up "despite" his usage, I assume..

I didn't mean to imply that Bowyer signed him. I did say that once he had a squad he didn't know what to do with it. It was always obvious to me that we lacked pace upfront and

that King, maybe on the wing, was part of the answer. He was rarely given the chance despite his astonishing performances in the FA Cup run. Not injured then was he? The fact

that King got a "move up" is nothing to be pleased about from our point of view.

Those FA Cup games probably attracted the attention of Bournemouth so that they got him for a bargain price and a player not considered good enough for a middling

Championship team now plays regularly in the Premier League, and is doing pretty well too.

We can see now why Coyle is in the 'no lose' situation.

It's now mid-January, everyone with any sense realises that this squad desperately needs additional depth and quality if it is going to either survive this season or even contemplate progressing next season, and yet our great owners are preventing any new signings being made.

Coyle is covering his own back, who can blame him? Repeated stories in the Telegraph about how he's got numerous deals lined up awaiting approval from above, how he's scoured Europe for new players who can come in and help out, how he'd love to make some additions but is waiting for the chance to do it.

I've no doubt that is the case, and yet Coyle will surely know by now that he isn't going to be allowed to make these additions, at least not until they have got their grubby hands on another million or so from the sale of another player.

All this is brewing towards another late scramble to sacrifice another player. They will sell Marshall, maybe not for the money they think they should get but he will be gone and we won't be getting £1-2 million for him. That is complete nonsense.

I still expect them to spring a surprise and sell someone unexpected. Possibly Lenihan given his decent performances this season.

Either way, Coyle is in no-lose territory. If he gets his way with transfers then happy days, If he doesn't then everyone knows it is Venkys fault and Coyle has done his bit but hasn't been allowed to get the deals done. If he keeps us up most will feel he has done well in the circumstances, if he takes us down then the first thing he can point to is not being able to strengthen mid-season when any other club in our position would be doing whatever they could possibly do to add some players to a thin squad ahead to try and drag us out of the mire.

Our performances were deteriorating by the week. I am convinced that Lambert coming in and at least getting the squad fit saved us.

I agree Bowyer made some good signings but, once he had them he knew not what to do with them, King being the prime example.

The trends for that season suggest otherwise (I had a post on this before, but we were on pace for 49 points, and the spell of games before Bowyer's sacking had us on a better pace given the first 7 games were horrible). The relegated teams were particularly bad that year; 40 points is horrific. But I'll leave you to your opinion (on an old debate by now!)

Coyle tells bare faced lies that's been proved and he does it shamelessly. If he's got 3 guys primed and ready to jump to join the present BRFC then it's likely they ain't very good and aren't doing much with their time at the min. Maybe in a foreign country and desperately looking for a path home from an old pal ?

Just think of the Marshall scenario that Coyle has strung along, meeting his advisers every few weeks then silence, a good offer been made just waiting for them to get back then silence, meeting his advisers next week etc etc Then we get told they'll take a million for him from Wolves but want it all paying at once only for it to be changed a week later to 2 mill........

utter rollocks from the prince of spin.

Coyle tells bare faced lies that's been proved and he does it shamelessly. If he's got 3 guys primed and ready to jump to join the present BRFC then it's likely they ain't very good and aren't doing much with their time at the min. Maybe in a foreign country and desperately looking for a path home from an old pal ?

Just think of the Marshall scenario that Coyle has strung along, meeting his advisers every few weeks then silence, a good offer been made just waiting for them to get back then silence, meeting his advisers next week etc etc Then we get told they'll take a million for him from Wolves but want it all paying at once only for it to be changed a week later to 2 mill........

utter rollocks from the prince of spin.

You just know that two of 'em are Barnes and Mears. Of course they want to come; we're the only club daft enough to give them another crack at England.

If they came on loan or something then fair enough but seeing as he talking about knowing how much it'll cost then you'd think he wants to offer them deals.

The same guy who when asked about Wharton said i don't know what's in his contract other people deal with that stuff. Now all of a sudden he knows about contracts again :lol:

• Backroom

You just know that two of 'em are Barnes and Mears. Of course they want to come; we're the only club daft enough to give them another crack at England.

Yep, laughable. if they're "keen to sign" for this mess of a club they clearly either have a screw loose or aren't very good. Either way we can expect more dross in and the last remaining quality out (all with the Ewood faithful's approval).

Coyle suggesting that he has scoured Europe and has 3 great targets lined up, if he gets the finances is all well and good. He knows only too well, that we won't get the finances. I have scoured the whole world looking for a £10million pad for the wife, for when my lottery numbers come up. It has given me the excuse to travel all over the world, on that mission, but the chances of me buying it for her, well, we all know the rest.

Anyone else moving, job, house, swapping car etc.... it may be more interesting than the 273 page none trasfer thread.

Transfer fee paid, completed medical today, transfer to go through next Saturday. Bit of a midfield terrier , young but plenty of potential with the right training, Think this is going to be the bright spot in the January transfer window for me :) p.s No agent fee

gallery_13516_175_67982.jpg

Archived