BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Lenihan not good enough and should be farmed out to league 2 Dunnfc? Not having any of that; he's comfortably good enough for this league and will likely be sold to a club with aspirations over the next couple of windows.

The point i was making reference to Lenihan is that he's not good enough to be in the first 11 yet.

The rest of the rabble could do with a lower league spell, apologies if i wasn't clear.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me Lenihan would be one of the first names on the teamsheet, either in defence or midfield. However its interesting that we've drawn 1 and won 2 of the games he's missed since Barnsley. I put that down more to Mulgrew taking his place rather than Lenihan not playing.

We'll do well to hold onto him as he's developing into a quality player.

Shame, he is nowhere near good enough.

Like Lowe

For me Lenihan would be one of the first names on the teamsheet, either in defence or midfield. However its interesting that we've drawn 1 and won 2 of the games he's missed since Barnsley. I put that down more to Mulgrew taking his place rather than Lenihan not playing.

We'll do well to hold onto him as he's developing into a quality player.

Move Lennihan into Lowes place.

Lambert seemed ready to take Lenihan under his wing! As a CL-winning holding midfielder, I take that as Lenihan having something in him.

He does it's called potential. He has it but largely very inconsistently at the minute. Other than tackling and stamina i couldn't tell you what redeeming feature he has.

He's not ready made and it won't win things in the position we are in. We need proven bodies, players used to a relegation scrap. Couldn't see Nyambe or Lenihan playing every week under an axe like Warnock.

I agree we need more young lads making the step up and coming through. Hopefully Tomlinson, Doyle and Mansell will be the next ones.

What's happened to Hardcastle? He was supposed to be the next good midfielder we were producing.

Thanks Parson for that. Much appreacticed.

I agree we need more young lads making the step up and coming through. Hopefully Tomlinson, Doyle and Mansell will be the next ones.

Somebody from the club paying you to come out with this chaddy ?

No Joe Rankin - Costello ?

Somebody from the club paying you to come out with this chaddy ?

No Joe Rankin - Costello ?

Forgot about Rankin-Costello tbh..

I am Passionate Rovers fan and nothing more.

Hows the agent work going Jal? Agency not doing well these days?

What's happened to Hardcastle? He was supposed to be the next good midfielder we were producing.

Just behind Tomlinson in the centre midfield area

Forgot about Rankin-Costello tbh..

I am Passionate Rovers fan and nothing more.

Just behind Tomlinson in the centre midfield area

What do you think of Dean Rittenberg' chances of a game chaddy ?

Has Feeney put himself in the shop window with that goal ?

What do you think of Dean Rittenberg' chances of a game chaddy ?

Has Feeney put himself in the shop window with that goal ?

Dont see Feeney leaving. Coyle is picking him. Had a good game yesterday by fans opinions and report from Rich Sharpe. Just got to keep doing it.

Havent seen enough Rittenberg to form an opinion yet. Why you ask?

People are forgetting the Championship is now the Premierships mk2.

The quality over the last few years has substantially improved, back then Doncaster went down with James Hayter, Chris Brown & Giles Barnes up top. They were not good then and certainly given the league improvement won't be good enough now. Brown can't get into a Bury side on the slide and Barnes is drifting through the MLS. Coyle and Barnes ought to be castrated if they ever manage to pull it off between themselves. Even in his brief pomp he still was not good enough to be playing for a side such as Blackburn Rovers. Come on guys have some @#/? pride!

As for Travis, Nyambe, Lenihan, and any other young emergent. NOT GOOD ENOUGH YET and most likely never ever will be. It's simple they need to go to the L2 sides and learn how to position themselves properly and take the knocks off mens football and prove themselves a standout there. To some extent Lenihan has done this but he should still be nowhere near a starting 11 in the Championship and Blackburn Rovers in particular. A first team debut is something to aspire to and prepare for, putting at best a load of youth rabble in will only serve to knock a players confidence and ensure we as a club end up accepting just anyone and everyone as players.

O'Sullivan has been tried, the fact he returned to Accy after no L1 club wanted him from his previous exploits there, tell you all you need to know.

The fact PB and Chaddy seem to be smoking something whilst watching Nyambe say's it all really. Fans have given up are now just prepared to see anyone come and go.

Whats your view on Josh Morris? Best player at the moment in league one and chased by alot of clubs but not good enough for Rovers

He does it's called potential. He has it but largely very inconsistently at the minute. Other than tackling and stamina i couldn't tell you what redeeming feature he has.

He's not ready made and it won't win things in the position we are in. We need proven bodies, players used to a relegation scrap. Couldn't see Nyambe or Lenihan playing every week under an axe like Warnock.

Agree... Cant say Ive been Impressed with Leninhan.. But the same applies with Lowe..

Whats your view on Josh Morris? Best player at the moment in league one and chased by alot of clubs but not good enough for Rovers

Agree... Cant say Ive been Impressed with Leninhan.. But the same applies with Lowe..

Josh Morris - a lightweight. The new David Helliwell.

Lenihan - I like. He'll put a foot in when needed. He just needs to learn when not to.

Dont see Feeney leaving. Coyle is picking him. Had a good game yesterday by fans opinions and report from Rich Sharpe. Just got to keep doing it.

Havent seen enough Rittenberg to form an opinion yet. Why you ask?

F***k me , one good game out of 16! He's dire, even Gaz was loaned a dud, yet we resigned the football delinquent.

On Morris - Great crosser, but no one could predict his fortune at L1 with Scunny, saying that Alexander is a top manager at that level, wouldn't mind him next year, Fleetwood/Pilley must be wondering WTF! Didn't he make his debut in the 7-1 at OT? got the assist if i recall correctly? Think Gaz liked him, but sold for 10k to Bradford at the time? Don't think anyone could predict how well he has done now with PNE offering 300k. One paced, but a crosser, very old fashioned for me which is why he is in L1.

Lenihan... He's a filler, nowhere good enough for a champ 11! Let alone BRFC. Gaz knew it and he brought him through. One of only a few with potential, got bite in a tackle if he can be angry enough and stamina wise he will run 90 mins + but both are hardly that technical.

Swansea are probably at a similar stage with Emnes as we are with Marshall. Out of contract in the summer and won't be staying beyond then, so their priority is now to get what they can for him.

There would be absolutely no benefit to them to allow Emnes to stay here for the next 5 months on a heavily subsidised loan arrangement. Ideally they would prefer some sort of fee for him and to get his wages off their books for good, or at the very least send him back out on loan but with a much larger contribution from the loaning club towards his salary.

Rovers were fortunate to get him for half the season on a heavily subsidised loan agreement which was agreed to in the last few days of the summer window when Swansea were just glad to get him out of the way for a few months and hopefully attract more interest in January.

Fully expect Rovers to do nothing and then another Championship side will pick him up for a nominal fee later on in the window.

With Emnes it all comes down to if anybody wants him, Swansea would rather have a portion of his wages of the books for 5 months than him sitting there with his thumb up his backside getting a full wage. I can't see anybody buying him at this stage, so it will all come down to who is wiling to pick up the largest chunk of his wages IMO.

Archived