BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on Abbey/Chaddy give us all a breather please.

1) We know its Venkys fault.

2) We know the club is sick to its core.

3) We all know we are goosed and in limbo.

4) We are all frustrated, me more than most as I called most of this early doors and my Mum could not enjoy her last few years supporting due to unrest and protests.

5) Some fans fell for Venkys spin, wanted Allardyce out, you included. Great.

6) Some fans still wish to go, secure in the knowledge they didnt cause this, nor can they solve it. Like me and you till this season.

7) Some fans cannot support the thieving and stupidity any longer.

8) Everyone still posting on here are Rovers through and through. Even if some of us don't now attend. They shpuld be treated as such.

9) Chaddy irritates many with his changing views, contradictions, presentation and little boy lost style. But the boards a better place for him being here cos he is

Rovers through and through. Just like you.

I'd expect him to be on big money at this stage in his career.

Possibly hence they'd need to subsidise it.

Cameron Carter-Vickers - Next England center half for sure, 19, he's got it all though. Only getting cup games for Spurs so could be a cracking loan move.

Matty Taylor - Bristol Rovers - 19 goals so far in all competitions and 15 in L1. 25 so a good age and recently made his debut for wales, possibly 1 million or so?

Charlie Wyke - Carlisle 12 goals this season, my CUFC friend tells me he's an all rounder, reckons he could step it up and CUFC would probably settle for 500k.

Omar Bogle - Target man who is quick, 18 goals in L2 for Grimsby, has some talent when slightly younger, even got a move to Celtic. Available for 800 k apparently.

Harrison Reed - Competitive midfielder, dosen't appear to get a look in for Saints this year, given what we've done for Gallagher maybe it might be favorable on loan?

Would ideally be my team given the circumstances in Jan:

Steele

Hutton Carter-Vickers Hoban Williams

Bennett Evans/Reed Mulgrew Conway

Graham Gallagher/Taylor

Alan Nixon

Blackburn Rovers are closer to three deals. But not yet close enough.

Thanks for making it clear you are quoting Nixon. Often not been clear in past but this is clear and we can choose to believe or not. let's face it probably not. Nixon is a lazy journalist who just links easily predictable stories ambiguously to clubs and then shouts I told you so when they happen.

Possibly hence they'd need to subsidise it.

Cameron Carter-Vickers - Next England center half for sure, 19, he's got it all though. Only getting cup games for Spurs so could be a cracking loan move.

Matty Taylor - Bristol Rovers - 19 goals so far in all competitions and 15 in L1. 25 so a good age and recently made his debut for wales, possibly 1 million or so?

Charlie Wyke - Carlisle 12 goals this season, my CUFC friend tells me he's an all rounder, reckons he could step it up and CUFC would probably settle for 500k.

Omar Bogle - Target man who is quick, 18 goals in L2 for Grimsby, has some talent when slightly younger, even got a move to Celtic. Available for 800 k apparently.

Harrison Reed - Competitive midfielder, dosen't appear to get a look in for Saints this year, given what we've done for Gallagher maybe it might be favorable on loan?

Would ideally be my team given the circumstances in Jan:

Steele

Hutton Carter-Vickers Hoban Williams

Bennett Evans/Reed Mulgrew Conway

Graham Gallagher/Taylor

How many players is Cameron Carter Vickers? Sounds like a decent forward line. If he is as you suggest there is no chance of him joining us, why would Spurs lend a player who they actually want to bring on to such a shambles. Our loan market is players who clubs want to get rid of but can't because they are under contract so are happy to run their contracts down and take a bit of money back.

Ah good old Nixon and his '3' deals lol how come this logic isn't the same as his 3 club rules. All he's doing is scrabbling about to put a few names together to keep heat of his pals SEM Coyle & Venkys.

He really doesn't shout "told you so" very often. The plank has blocked more fans than he has followers #muppet

Ah good old Nixon and his '3' deals lol how come this logic isn't the same as his 3 club rules. All he's doing is scrabbling about to put a few names together to keep heat of his pals SEM Coyle & Venkys.

He really doesn't shout "told you so" very often. The plank has blocked more fans than he has followers #muppet

Often wonder do the agents use him to throw out a story so they can judge the response of supporters and possibly move on from there.

The best midfield we've had in these championship years was a midfield 3 of Cairney, Evans, and Lowe (I say without irony that Lowe was actually useful for those few games).

No idea why Bowyer insisted on breaking that up! That midfield 3 with Rudy and Rhodes up front, and King in the hole would've been immense!

*sigh*

Statistically proven that Rovers were worse every time Lowe pulled on a shirt and better whenever he was injured. Including something like a 12 game unbeaten streak.

*sigh* indeed.

Often wonder do the agents use him to throw out a story so they can judge the response of supporters and possibly move on from there.

He's an agents stooge...

We know how this will pan out anyway we've seen it all before a bid will be accepted for Marshall allegedly at the 11th hour giving no time for any real signings. Then Barnes will be unveiled if we are lucky and someone from somewhere who only has one kneecap.

If he doesn't go we might get a loan or two from somewhere to replace the ones leaving.

Yet again another poor post there. I dont force you to read my posts. dont like them dont read that. I dont care tbh

Are the agents bringing in the not so good Frenchmen in order to make Nyambe look better than he actual is chaddy ?

Anyone linked with Feeney or Lowe yet ?

Are the agents bringing in the not so good Frenchmen in order to make Nyambe look better than he actual is chaddy ?

Anyone linked with Feeney or Lowe yet ?

No idea on the french agent.

Doubt Feeney or Lowe are going anywhere tbh. Coyle likes both and dont forget Lowe is out of contract in the summer I think..

Statistically proven that Rovers were worse every time Lowe pulled on a shirt and better whenever he was injured. Including something like a 12 game unbeaten streak.

*sigh* indeed.

Exactly. Our best XI under Bowyer was: Robinson; Keane, Hanley, Kilgallon, Olsson; Conway, Evans, Cairney, King; Rhodes, Gestede

Not a Lowey in sight.

• Backroom

Exactly. Our best XI under Bowyer was: Robinson; Keane, Hanley, Kilgallon, Olsson; Conway, Evans, Cairney, King; Rhodes, Gestede

Not a Lowey in sight.

Compare and contrast to today's mess of a team, and we're barely talking two years difference!

Not a Lowey in sight.

I think that was the team when I saw us demolish Charlton at their place. Perhaps Dunny was in for Conway. Pace, power and creativity. And Bowyer still couldn't get us a play-off spot!

Every time we built up a head of steam GB seemed to reel them back in again for some reason. A lot of constant needless tinkering with the team at times and i'm doubting it was all down to him but you never know he just seemed content to run with a happy camp just doing enough.

The downgrade was going to happen though regardless and i think if he'd had us in the play offs 2 seasons running the sales would still have started and he'd have suffered the same fate. One glance at the books tells us this, it's odd given the debt situation but it's almost like Venkys don't want promotion...........

Archived