BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His agency is WMG same as Wes Brown I think. More importantly for you Jal is that Michael Owen, Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard are on their books. Is that enough Scousers for you.

More than enough they are taking the pish out of Blackburn.

Travis made today's bench ffs !

No but any debut you give to an english young player, the fa awards between 7-15k i think from a central fund.

Sorry, it was a rubbish Travis reference. 7k would be enough to keep Barry in maternity bras for years. Get that lad on the pitch.

No but any debut you give to an english young player, the fa awards between 7-15k i think from a central fund.

Wonder if Majiball still reads this forum?

I can't believe for one minute that Cheston and Co. know that rule or we'd be blooding nippers every week.

He's just waiting to see if he can offer the whole of Marshalls wages or just a fraction of it before he picks up the blower. He knows damn well there's no fee coming his way.

Wouldn't you think a new Sporting director would want to have an agreed budget before he took the role ? No budget nowt to spend, however will the fella fill his time ?

Finding buyers for anything else that can be sold

Ive only seen him a couple of times this season..

Can I ask where you think his best position is?

He started as a full-back when we picked him up from Liverpool, but seems to have been successfully converted into a midfield player. He seems more than comfortable in either position but has really kicked on this season. Ultimately, the only way we'll know if he is good enough is if he gets a run of games in the first team. Nyambe has proved he is up to it and looked decent again yesterday when he came on. Lets hope a few more of the young lads can make the step up.

And thoroughly deserved as well as you would know from watching his performances for the Under-23's this season.

I think you and JAL are looking at the same problem with different ideas about the solution. You seem to believe that certain players in the youth ranks are as good as the first team standard [in a team in real relegation trouble]. JAL meanwhile seems to be wanting Rovers to bring in players into the first team who are better than we have already - to make an impact now. The trouble with that is that Venkys don't care about improving the team. Despite what BS has been written in the accounts statement about promotion.

He started as a full-back when we picked him up from Liverpool, but seems to have been successfully converted into a midfield player. He seems more than comfortable in either position but has really kicked on this season. Ultimately, the only way we'll know if he is good enough is if he gets a run of games in the first team. Nyambe has proved he is up to it and looked decent again yesterday when he came on. Lets hope a few more of the young lads can make the step up.

Thanks Parson for that. Much appreacticed.

I agree we need more young lads making the step up and coming through. Hopefully Tomlinson, Doyle and Mansell will be the next ones.

I think he will come into the squad now.

I hope not. No where near good enough even at our level.

I remember Barnes at Derby but that was years ago..

I never see him play in USA so I cant give a proper opinion on him. Ive seen clips on Youtube but you cant give a proper opinion on him based on that

He was another one to whom " success " came too early. He was expected to go on to be a top player but he fell by the wayside. Bags of ability at the time but obviously lacking in attitude. Just what we don't want at Ewood. Another one who's not a stranger to the treatment table.

Thanks Parson for that. Much appreacticed.

I agree we need more young lads making the step up and coming through. Hopefully Tomlinson, Doyle and Mansell will be the next ones.

And if they perform they will be the next to be sold. Haven"t people got it yet?

I hope not. No where near good enough even at our level.

He was another one to whom " success " came too early. He was expected to go on to be a top player but he fell by the wayside. Bags of ability at the time but obviously lacking in attitude. Just what we don't want at Ewood. Another one who's not a stranger to the treatment table.

People in a few years could say the same about Henley or someone. Broke through early and looked promising, got plonked on a good long term contract and lost form and focus. Never lived up to his billing and is now a fragile plodder.

I sometimes think guys get farmed out to USA and places to relaunch themselves under a bit of an illusion. Looks better signing someone who plays regular for Houston Dynamos rather than from Doncasters bench where he belongs.

People are forgetting the Championship is now the Premierships mk2.

The quality over the last few years has substantially improved, back then Doncaster went down with James Hayter, Chris Brown & Giles Barnes up top. They were not good then and certainly given the league improvement won't be good enough now. Brown can't get into a Bury side on the slide and Barnes is drifting through the MLS. Coyle and Barnes ought to be castrated if they ever manage to pull it off between themselves. Even in his brief pomp he still was not good enough to be playing for a side such as Blackburn Rovers. Come on guys have some @#/? pride!

As for Travis, Nyambe, Lenihan, and any other young emergent. NOT GOOD ENOUGH YET and most likely never ever will be. It's simple they need to go to the L2 sides and learn how to position themselves properly and take the knocks off mens football and prove themselves a standout there. To some extent Lenihan has done this but he should still be nowhere near a starting 11 in the Championship and Blackburn Rovers in particular. A first team debut is something to aspire to and prepare for, putting at best a load of youth rabble in will only serve to knock a players confidence and ensure we as a club end up accepting just anyone and everyone as players.

O'Sullivan has been tried, the fact he returned to Accy after no L1 club wanted him from his previous exploits there, tell you all you need to know.

The fact PB and Chaddy seem to be smoking something whilst watching Nyambe say's it all really. Fans have given up are now just prepared to see anyone come and go.

And thoroughly deserved as well as you would know from watching his performances for the Under-23's this season.

Must admit that I've not seen anything to think yeah throw him in, so let's see what he's got and give him a run in the first team. I'll bow to your judgement Parsonblue on this lad along with whoever is pushing him.

Waiting to see a big upturn in improvement from Nyambe though to reach the levels expected !

Archived