BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolves are in the Championship, not League Two.

Lol ! My mistake ! but if these so called professionals think they can con us, can they not try and con our fellow competitors or is the big joke on all of us.

Good spin from Coyle in the LT. A few weeks ago, Marshall was gagging to sign a new contract for us, according to Coyle.

Now Coyle says he's anxious for him to go soon!

He doesn't want the transfer to drag on like Duffy's did because it unsettled the lads.

The LT dutifully reports that Coyle also wants it settled because he needs the money to strengthen the squad!!!!! How thick do they think we are?

Elsewhere, its reported that Marshall's transfer to Wolves is stalling because "Rovers" or (is that Balaji?) is insisting on one million quid upfront!

Is that a sign of desperation and bills coming in? I hope so.

Is there movement at last? Can I hope?

They did something similar with Rhodes at first asking for a big lump upfront. Either desperate for cash or it could be a sign they ain't sticking around to collect add on's. We know damn well it isn't so they can spend it straight away on a decent replacement.

Hope Rhodes gets sorted soon so they don't hang about waiting for any adds on's from his transfer.

This is Venkys though so it won't be straightforwards it won't be quick and simple and it won't be in the best interests of the football club.

If they sold Marshall, Evans & Steele right now then surely that's the end of any money shelled out under them and they can take it back or pay back whatever investment fund they borrowed it from. It would leave us short but if they then put their motion in place to vexit i'd take it. May still seal our fate of going down but there would still be a platform left for a fighting chance.

Good spin from Coyle in the LT. A few weeks ago, Marshall was gagging to sign a new contract for us, according to Coyle.

Now Coyle says he's anxious for him to go soon!

He doesn't want the transfer to drag on like Duffy's did because it unsettled the lads.

The LT dutifully reports that Coyle also wants it settled because he needs the money to strengthen the squad!!!!! How thick do they think we are?

Elsewhere, its reported that Marshall's transfer to Wolves is stalling because "Rovers" or (is that Balaji?) is insisting on one million quid upfront!

Is that a sign of desperation and bills coming in? I hope so.

Is there movement at last? Can I hope?

All that whining from Duffy and his Dad about getting bullied by Rovers fans and what we were all saying about him purposefully causing damage was true reading between the lines: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15000909.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_determined_to_avoid_Shane_Duffy_repeat_with_Ben_Marshall/?ref=mac

Where are the Vexit rumours coming from? I've seen it alluded to on a couple of threads but nothing more.

Bennett has been going since Feeney (a much worse player IMO) was signed to replace him. They forgot to sell him first, that's all.

Prayers based on a few rumours :rock:

Its pathetic and all so predictable. That they still think after all this time that fans will just accept this rubbish and believe Rovers are mere passengers in the process shows how out of touch they are with what has gone on and why so many people are disillusioned with the club.

I predicted this unfolding step by step in the summer, and it has gone exactly to script.

Club leaves it until far too late to even 'consider' offering Marshall a new deal despite knowing the situation months in advance.

By the time they get round to it an assortment of rivals are aware he is becoming a free agent soon and begin to hover in the background. No doubt making contact with the player/his agent to line him up in advance.

Club claims to have at last made him an improved contract offer and he is close to agreeing it.

Nothing happens for weeks and weeks except the manager provides 'updates' through the Telegraph claiming a deal is imminent and the club is desperate to keep him.

Manager then drops the player from the squad during a crucial run of games over Xmas claiming the player has a groin injury/mysterious sickness that keeps him out of harms way for 3-4 games.

January arrives yet there's no queue for him as there aren't many clubs fighting to pay a fee for someone on a free in 6 months and who won't be signing a new deal.

Coyle then paves the way for future non-selection of the player despite being short on numbers as the illness excuse reaches its limit and still no deal to be done so therefore he begins to justify non-selection on the basis that he doesn't want a repeat of the disgraceful Duffy performances.

Rovers want a lot of money up front, which has been a common theme of Venkys ownership that they like the cash in one go rather than down the line, which will inevitably delay any sale until late on in the window as no club with any sense would even contemplate a substantial fee up front for Marshall at this point. Inevitably Rovers will eventually accept a much lower cash offer in the later stages of the transfer window meaning less cash and less time to do any incoming business (see Gestede who ended up going for much less than the supposed amount Venkys wanted).

Continued attempts to sell the transfer to Rovers fans by reminding them of what can happen if a player is kept against his will (Duffy) and dangling the carrot of potential new signings using the proceeds of the sale which anyone and everyone surely realises by now is nothing short of fantasty land stuff.

How many players have fallen into the same boat as the above in recent times? Certainly Hoilett and Duffy, probably several others.

On and on it goes. Predictable and boring.

Shopping list

• Right Back
  • Centre Back
  • Centre Midfield
  • Keep Emnes

Byrne, Hendrie and Marshall all on their way out. Byrne and Hendrie are free to go, obviously not good enough or at the right stage of their careers to effect the relegation scrap.

Marshall and his enigmatic performances will put him in esteemed company of Rovers players who played well in patches, but you feel never truly hit their optimum potential. See messers Hoilett, Mame Diouf, Kalinic and Rochina to name but a few.

We can forget about a new centre back. With Hoban due to return from injury 'around February' we'll be soldiering on until then in the hope either he or Ward recover to full fitness or that Greer/Mulgew keep fit throughout.

Emnes will probably depend on Paul Clement's view of him, could go either way.

Also need to bear in mind it would be premature to think that Byrne, Hendrie and Marshall will be the only exits. If someone comes knocking for Graham, Conway or Evans then the next sale project will commence and it will be sold to us on the basis that the cash can be used to strengthen in other areas (only it won't).

Must be serious money issues because if you think that Byrne, Samuelson, Marshall are going to be off the wage bill, yet they won't let that wage be reinvested.

Marshall must be on about £15k a week, that is more than enough for a couple of players in.

Can't be long before it gets terminal and we here of wages not being paid.

My guess is Mears will be Marshalls replacemnet , Barnes will replace Emnes should he return to Swansea , Byrne and Hendrie will go back to parent clubs and won't be replaced

Is there any real financial issue in dropping to League One? Fans wise we've already lost a load, would we lose more than 2-3k more? I guess we'll miss out on some visiting clubs with a lot of fans...

Is there much difference in league position money etc?

The main reason I ask is I there isn't a major loss in income the best strategy for vexit (from their point of view) is to sell all the players.

The one significant counter argument I can see is a buyer would pay a lot more for a Championship club over a league one club.

Massive financial implications as we still have a lot of the infrastructure of a premier league club, 2 state of the art training facilities don't pay for themselves. We'd almost definitely lose our category 1 academy status rendering that pointless. In terms of tv money, etc the money in the championship is a million miles away from the pittance you receive in league 1.

Archived