BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

2m for Marshall does seem a lot however if the deal is structured well he is worth every penny.

So far I am not too disappointed with the players linked. Browning from Everton i think would be a shrewd piece of business, Diagouraga would be some needed added steel in midfield we would need to offload Akpan, Guthrie though and bring in another creative midfielder hell I would even take a punt on Jonh Bostock who is having a great season at RC Lens as well and who has been linked to a few Ligue 1 teams. Abdoul Ba for me is a bit risky being half french I follow the French league and yes he is tall and physically imposing but he is prone to mistakes at his young age and I would go with someone more reliable.

Where are you getting those links from? I haven't seen any?

Browning and Diagouranga featured in the Lancs Telegraph article but that didn't say anything about Rovers actually chasing or offering those players. More of a case "these players are available" rather than they are actually pursued in any way whatsoever.

It does indeed look like we will get no one.

That guy sounds like someone whose focus is going to be selling, not buying...

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They wanted a lump sum 1 mill for Marshall but now a day later it's 2 mill. Knob off Nixon if Wolves Offer 500k up front and a couple of installments they'll rip their hands off. Only thing stalling this may be adds to Leicester or something.

Championship clubs (who are not getting parachute payments, so this includes us now) got a 'Premier League solidary payment' of £2.3M every year, which drops to £360k in League One. This is now estimated to be £4.3M and £645k with the new TV deal. So that alone is a £3.8M revenue hit, and would probably exceed any further loss in matchday/commercial revenue.

Breaking down 2013/14's revenue and assuming matchday revenue has dropped another 1/3 since then, I'd guesstimate our current "operating" revenue (i.e. excluding transfer fees) as £2.1M in matchday revenue, £4.3M from the PL solidarity payment, £1.7M from the FL broadcast revenue pool, ~£5M in commercial revenue (maybe £1M or so lower now...), and lets say another £300k in revenue from broadcast matches. So, £13.4M, give our take (probably take haha) a couple £M.

For League One, let's assume matchday revenue drops another 25%, the solidary payment drops to £645k, commercial revenue down 25%, FL distribution at £1.7M (I think this stays constant, but I'm not sure?) and 'extra' broadcast revenue at maybe £100k (just guessing, would probably depend on a cup 'run').

So with those spitballed numbers in mind, the Championship we're at £13.4M, League One maybe £7.8M or so? If Venky's **** off, perhaps matchday revenue would instead rise, but that'd probably only be worth another million or two.

edit: couldn't find an exact number, but googling suggests the FL distribution would drop too, so it'd be a bit lower than £7.8 in League One...

Some fine work there :)

The contrast is so stark, it hits us right between the eyes/ balls.

Like they were holding out for £9 million for Gestede only to sell him to Villa for £6 million once the penny dropped.

The deal is all but done and Rovers will get about £250k. Wolves will know how much money Marshall wants and will have agreed a wage with him. They will know Rovers will blink first even if it takes until the 30th January. Talk about £1 million or £2 million is complete nonsense aimed at convincing the supporters that the club has got a good deal and that money might be reinvested.

We did apparently get £750k rising to £1M for Olsson last year: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14231393.Blackburn_Rovers_left_back_Markus_Olsson_signs_for_Derby_County/?ref=macand he was in the exact same situation as Marshall... and that was under Lambert. I don't recall any rumours on what we were asking for for Olsson.

£2m is no doubt the full cost to Wolves including wages to try and dupe idiots who believe everything they read on Twitter.

£15k a week for 2 years = £1,560,000

£450k fee

Seems more like it. Never will we get £2m for a half decent championship RW/RB whose contract is up in 6 months. Especially when the buyer is our ex-manager, who knows we're on the bones of our ass and will sell the goalposts if someone offered us a tenner.

How is it, that we can get rid of all our good players, but cant get rid of our useless manager? Dont tell me, i know.

We did apparently get £750k rising to £1M for Olsson last year: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14231393.Blackburn_Rovers_left_back_Markus_Olsson_signs_for_Derby_County/?ref=macand he was in the exact same situation as Marshall... and that was under Lambert. I don't recall any rumours on what we were asking for for Olsson.

Thats because its all undisclosed, which is dodgy as @#/?. We could have received 5mill for Olsson, non of us would know.

From Alan Nixon

Blackburn holding out for £2m for Ben Marshall as Paul Lambert's Wolves prepare to pounce https://t.co/pXjLUgqL3S

Nixon is a joke. A figure hugely over inflated to pacify the fans and make his mate Coyle look good.

Never in a million years are we getting £2m.

The post further up which incorporates his wage into the figure is spot on.

Nixon is a joke. A figure hugely over inflated to pacify the fans and make his mate Coyle look good.

Never in a million years are we getting £2m.

The post further up which incorporates his wage into the figure is spot on.

For a moment i thought you meant nixon was an inflated figure. Lol

Not sure how anyone can complain IF we're holding out for an unrealistic fee? 2m is obviously unrealistic for a player with 6 months left on his contract but if by digging our heels in we get c1m it'll be one of the few things we've got right in recent years.

If Lambert rates him highly enough he'll pay it.

• Backroom

We got 600k for Olsson

My Derby colleague thinks he's poor bar pace. Prefers Forsyth but he's injured.

He is poor. The only reason he appeared decent here was because he was mostly surrounded by dross. Same goes for most of our "better" players. Easy to look good when you're playing with the likes of Jason Lowe, Adam Henley, Liam Feeney and No Hope Akpan.

As far as Marshall's fee goes, I don't care. We won't see any of it reinvested so whether we get £200k or £20m it would only benefit one party, and that isn't BRFC.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15005699._It_s_a_little_trickier____Blackburn_Rovers_boss_on_Marvin_Emnes__loan_extension/

Surprise surprise.

It seems Swansea let Emnes come here late on in the summer because they did us a big favour and let us have him for half the season at a heavily subsidised rate, presumably because there were no other takers and they were just glad to send him somewhere.

Yet more penny pinching which is likely to see Emnes depart soon unless Swansea do us another favour and let him stay on another heavily subsidised loan agreement.

So that's Marshall and Emnes likely to leave, along with Byrne and Hendrie already confirmed, without even a hint of anyone being allowed to come in the other way.

Hardly the behaviour of a club desperate to retain its Championship status.

What guiness and car bombs ?

Going back through out his career he's always had spells were he's been a prospect then gone off the rails possibility through outside people hanging on.. A Fergie or mark Hughes would have him on the straight and narrow

If we get stokes head in the right place he's definitely decent

True but the same could be said about Leon Best. Wrong club for chancers this place it's too easy to take the whizz but hopefully Mr Sporting will bring a rule book and a fines book although i doubt it.

Archived