BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought people were talking about blog 12 but it only seems to go up to 11 which is dated October. Is there a new one as I gathered people were talking about something Glen had just written.

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...

Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?

Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.

Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?

Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Marty DiBergi: I don't know.

Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.

Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

So presumably Wharton to Cambridge boxes off that issue for the rest of the season. The pressure had been mounting on Coyle with his repeated non-selection. Probably best for all concerned if he goes and plays somewhere he's wanted where he will be able to gain experience and develop as a player a lot more than if he stayed in the Under 23s.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15035152.Ben_Marshall_won_t_be_selected_for_Blackburn_Rovers_this_weekend/

Looks like Marshall's comments to the media after the Ipswich game have done the trick then.

All part of the "turn the player into the bad guy" phase.

Surprising the number of fans who fall for it. Every. Single. Time.

Lets hope so. I couldn't stand another inept/couldn't care less sulk type performance from a guy who hasn't been interested all season.

Oh.

So presumably Wharton to Cambridge boxes off that issue for the rest of the season. The pressure had been mounting on Coyle with his repeated non-selection. Probably best for all concerned if he goes and plays somewhere he's wanted where he will be able to gain experience and develop as a player a lot more than if he stayed in the Under 23s.

Brown is clearly the future, Yes, I'd say Rovers' future is definitely Brown.

Exactly chaddy this is what we get with Steele and Raya between the sticks.

I've said all season that we needed a new 1st choice keeper and suggestion potential signings.

After listening to Coyle's BBC Radio Lancs interview today he said Senior has been working hard on deals but no mention of the owners giving him the green light to sign these players. So this suggest to me that Senior and Coyle have had no answer from Pune. Wouldnt surprise if they are ignoring them as Venkys have form for this. If Coyle had the green light he would have been mention it and sound happy that he gets to sign his 3 players he wants

that's so we can sign effing ambrose

Dont know about this Ambrose guy? Wasnt he linked to Stoke a couple of seasons ago?

What is his strengths and weaknesses?

Lets hope so. I couldn't stand another inept/couldn't care less sulk type performance from a guy who hasn't been interested all season.

And good to see that the owners are still committed to getting us back to the Premier League!

From FL92 Transfer twitter page

Ben Marshall has told Owen Coyle he'll refuse to play until his contract expires if the Swansea deal falls through #Rovers #Swans https://t.co/VnYFTm2ds3

Woah. I didn't really believe it until it was on the FL92 twitter page.

What a rum do. We are better off without rotten eggs like him at this club.

Definitely nothing to do with Venkys or contracts or inept management or lack of ambition or no transfer funds or any of that nonsense.

Definitely nothing to do with Venkys or contracts or inept management or lack of ambition or no transfer funds or any of that nonsense.

Balaji Bar will be rockin

no play no pay

Refusing to play is indefensible in my book. It's as simple as that.

I've said all season that we needed a new 1st choice keeper and suggestion potential signings.

After listening to Coyle's BBC Radio Lancs interview today he said Senior has been working hard on deals but no mention of the owners giving him the green light to sign these players. So this suggest to me that Senior and Coyle have had no answer from Pune. Wouldnt surprise if they are ignoring them as Venkys have form for this. If Coyle had the green light he would have been mention it and sound happy that he gets to sign his 3 players he wants

Dont know about this Ambrose guy? Wasnt he linked to Stoke a couple of seasons ago?

What is his strengths and weaknesses?

What is really strange is they have just hired senior, why hire him then ignore him, it can't be the case can it?

To be honest i hope this Marshall stuff bites them on the arse good style and they get no more than 500k tops for him. Let's face it the money will disappear the only thing that might get reinvested is his wages already budgeted for. 1 mill or 500k makes no difference to our situation and they should have had him tied into a new contract 18 months ago.

Yes he's a tosser but so are they and it's symptomatic of the whole thing under these vermin. He said he wanted a contract last summer and if they'd managed to sort one between them maybe this season he'd have played with his head up a bit more and shown a bit more commitment then someone like Lambert might be paying 2 million + add ons for him.

People can blame Marshall all they like but they are responsible yet again for putting us and him in this position and no one else. He's had enough and he wants out just like the rest.

Archived