BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would let Marshall go for 1.3 million and sign 3 or 4 players we need to stay up

It won't be anywhere near that he has less than six months to go and he is free of charge. Hey here is what I woke up thinking maybe the have to sell a player to afford to sack Colye...

It won't be anywhere near that he has less than six months to go and he is free of charge. Hey here is what I woke up thinking maybe the have to sell a player to afford to sack Colye...

Lansbury just been sold for 3 mil with 6 months left

Same with the Barnsley midfield playmaker who name I cant remember. Who is set for Villa.

Lansbury just been sold for 3 mil with 6 months left

Same with the Barnsley midfield playmaker who name I cant remember. Who is set for Villa.

Fair enough, however I don't believe it will be anything near 1.3 million. Sounds like you think it will. With lambert already knowing Marshall you would have thought the deal would be done between the two of them offline so to speak, you sit there till June then I'll sign you.

I would let Marshall go for 1.3 million and sign 3 or 4 players we need to stay up

Why say this when there is no chance of this happening?

Venkys gave never reinvested any money in the team. Why would they start now?

This is a silly opinion because it won't happen. I might as well say I think we should sign Messi and Ronaldo - it's just as likely to happen.

HAVE THE LAST FEW YEARS TAUGHT YOU ANYTHING?!! IF WE SOLD MARSHALL FOR 1.3 MILLION COYLE WOULD SEE F ALL OF IT. WAKE UP CHADDY

From Nixon

BLACKBURN will block Ben Marshall leaving until they get £2million.

The contract rebels old boss, Paul Lambert, has bid £1.3m to take him to Wolves.

But Rovers owners Venkys want more.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2673732/sunderland-want-arsenal-legend-patrick-vieira-to-take-over-from-david-moyes-if-scot-is-fired-or-quits/

Just shifting the blame from his mate to Venkys. No one is gonna offer £2m for Marshall, even if he had 6 years left, never mind 6 months. Hurihane and Lansbury are much better players than Marshall, so there really isn't any comparison.

On the plus there's only Feeney in the way of Mahoney getting a regular start now. If he can't get in ahead of him, then he's not as good as we all hope.

Just shifting the blame from his mate to Venkys. No one is gonna offer £2m for Marshall, even if he had 6 years left, never mind 6 months. Hurihane and Lansbury are much better players than Marshall, so there really isn't any comparison.

On the plus there's only Feeney in the way of Mahoney getting a regular start now. If he can't get in ahead of him, then he's not as good as we all hope.

Play Mahoney on the left wing and Feeney on the right wing

On Marshall, Wolves will bid on transfer deadline day then we have zero time to sign players. This is very likely to happen in my opinion.

Fair enough, however I don't believe it will be anything near 1.3 million. Sounds like you think it will. With lambert already knowing Marshall you would have thought the deal would be done between the two of them offline so to speak, you sit there till June then I'll sign you.

I would taken the 1.3 mil for Marshall tbh. His attitude stinks and has done for 18 months.

Will we sign anybody? Only time will tell but I doubt they will be championship experience which we need tbh. We need players like that but we never done this when we were in PL so doubt it now. Typical of Venkys

But under a more tactical manager we would be mid table with this squad. Its not awful but just more typical mid table championship squad.

Gallacher has played wing. Steele will start there before Mahoney will get his chance.

Play Mahoney on the left wing and Feeney on the right wing

On Marshall, Wolves will bid on transfer deadline day then we have zero time to sign players. This is very likely to happen in my opinion.

I would taken the 1.3 mil for Marshall tbh. His attitude stinks and has done for 18 months.

Will we sign anybody? Only time will tell but I doubt they will be championship experience which we need tbh. We need players like that but we never done this when we were in PL so doubt it now. Typical of Venkys

But under a more tactical manager we would be mid table with this squad. Its not awful but just more typical mid table championship squad.

Keep Marshall till summer (we ain't going to reinvest the money) and then we need 1 less player with championship experience.

Given where we are in the table, it would be a risk to bring in any permanent deals - personally I'd be looking at loans.

That doesn't necessarily mean his wife was involved, from his interview it sounds like Paul Senior has Paul Senior's interests at heart...

Not BRFC interest lol

No one will pay that when in a few months they can get him for nothing

Not BRFC interest lol

No one will pay that when in a few months they can get him for nothing

Wolves have bid 1.3 mil for Marshall, various sources have reported this

Plus Wolves are lacking a right back aswell.

expect a bid on the last day of the transfer window imo

Sad but true. Why even have an academy if we're not going to use the better products? Might as well loan him out to Cambridge too and have done with it.

In recent years quite a few academy players have come through. Currently Nyambe, Lowe and Lenihan are all academy.

To be honest, although everyone loves a good conspiracy theory, the likelihood is that Wharton and Mahoney are not playing is because they are considered not good enough.

Maybe Coyles wrong about that, but not many of our academy players are leaving rovers and flourishing elsewhere. Indeed most would prefer if we didn't have to play the likes of Lowe and Nyambe as they can both be liabilities.

In recent years quite a few academy players have come through. Currently Nyambe, Lowe and Lenihan are all academy.

To be honest, although everyone loves a good conspiracy theory, the likelihood is that Wharton and Mahoney are not playing is because they are considered not good enough.

Maybe Coyles wrong about that, but not many of our academy players are leaving rovers and flourishing elsewhere. Indeed most would prefer if we didn't have to play the likes of Lowe and Nyambe as they can both be liabilities.

If Lowe is the standard, then standards are low! Nyambe and Lenihan are doing ok, I agree, which is good to see.

He's surely better than Feeney or any bottom of the barrel gash we're likely to bring in in the dying embers of deadline day. He's not had a proper chance in the first team, we're about to have a vacant spot in his position, why not give him a go?

Wharton was playing fairly regularly earlier in the season and was getting good reviews. Again, we've had a spot open in his position, but not given him more of a chance, then loaned him out. Why? Was he good enough earlier in the season and hit a really bad run of form for the U23s? Someone who watches the youth more than me will know more and if that's the case, then that's uncharacteristically sensible for Venky's Rovers. But, it hasn't been mentioned when talk of it being more down to contractual reasons has come up, so we're left to suspect the worst as usual.

On Marshall, if Wolves really are offering 1.3 my then that's about 1.1m more than what he's worth imo even without taking into account his contract situation. Whilst I'm normally all for trying to maximise our fee if a player leaves we could lose out in this instance by being stubborn.

As for the Academy lads we definitely don't give them enough of a chance imo.

Off the top of my head there's Josh Morris who can't stop scoring for Scunthorpe, Jordan Slew who seems to be doing OK for Plymouth and the lad who scored loads of goals for Reading in the Championship last season. None of them could get a kick here but are they really any worse than the showers of "experienced" ***** we've brought in recently like DJ Campbell, Verney, Brown, Delfouneso etc?

Same applies to Wharton. He'll probably turn out to be a perfectly decent enough player but will probably never see the light of day here due to a raft of poorish players being signed ahead of him.

Archived