BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Venkys , Anderson, sem/kentaro, kean all new exactly how this was to play out before they even officially owned the club and coyle, senior , PASHA and any other puppet keeps the mirage going whilst greasing their greedy palms. No multi billion pound industry goes blindly into anything. Money people love one thing and that's more money.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This time next week we will be counting down the minutes to the window closing....waiting for Sky Sports News to announce our new signings... 11pm will come and go and we will be on here moaning for another couple of hours until we get fed up.

Meanwhile Coyle and Senior will be tucked up in bed without a care... not together I hasten to add... dreaming of their 6 figure summer bonuses

who's the dumb one here?

I genuinely don't believe fans will be surprised this window that we haven't signed anybody. I'm positive we won't sign anybody "first team ready" and I'm pretty sure the majority on here would agree. I'd say operation asset strip has been understood by the majority of fans now.

I keep thinking about Senior's attempts to heap praise on the owners by referring to the donation they made to Blackburn Cathedral (£1.5 million?).

I've never heard anyone from the club broadcast this before.

Sounds to me like someone advising them suggested a quick fire way to gain popularity. Lets remember that it was rumoured that the other dodgy bloke attempting to take over Ahsan Ali Syed also talked about a sizeable donation to the Cathedral (not sure whether that materialised before he was outed or not).

Common factor here it seems is our old friend the training ground resident agent who was bringing these people to the table. Quick and easy way to win over local goodwill and trust? Made a healthy donation to the local Cathedral. What wonderful giving people who surely couldn't have any sinister motives. They just love the town and are going to pour their millions in to local causes because they really care......

I think Sayed did actually make a donation and the Venky one was a few years ago but it got them a seat when the Queen was in town :blink:

Ulterior motives again, basically rather than outright generosity it's just a way of buying peoples favour. Where has the 1.5 million to sign a player been in the last 3 years ?

Seeing as this is the transfer thread, let's talk about a transfer.

The dingles £10m move for Snodgrass is very smart- sends Hull down and probably keeps Prem football at t'Turf for the next three seasons. Doesn't matter that he's 29, every season in the Prem pays for that £10m on its own.

Meanwhile back at the club, the transfer window forgot....

Sounds like West Ham are going in for Snodgrass also, so that one could run for a while.

Meanwhile it looks to me like everyone at Rovers has given up on the transfer window. Coyle knows he won't be allowed to sign anyone, Senior will have failed at the first hurdle if nobody arrives before Tuesday. The local media seem to have got bored with it and the endless repetition.

These owners look like they've made their choice. Relegation it is. No owners who were desperate to keep the club up would allow January to pass by and not sanction a single addition to the squad.

Seeing as this is the transfer thread, let's talk about a transfer.

The dingles £10m move for Snodgrass is very smart- sends Hull down and probably keeps Prem football at t'Turf for the next three seasons. Doesn't matter that he's 29, every season in the Prem pays for that £10m on its own.

Meanwhile back at the club, the transfer window forgot....

I did read though that Hull are expecting to sign five players next week. I saw some of their match at Chelsea on Sunday and was impressed with how their new manager went about the game without Snodgrass. It will be difficult but I think Hull have given themselves a chance by changing manager. Cheston, Pasha and Senior please note.

Uwe Rosler working miracles at Fleetwood. Unlike Hill he's also got an ok record in the Championship with Wigan and Leeds, yet he was never mentioned for the Rovers job in the summer. Is that just because he didn't previously play for us?

From Nicko

Wolves and Ben Marshall deal moving closer at Blackburn. Taken its time...

Surprise surprise. Always going to drag it out until the last few days then sell him. Looks like Venkys and Senior have got their deal and money. Probably less than their warped expectations but better than nothing. Unfortunately only a couple of days left to replace him so chances are that won't happen. Wonder if it will be an 'undisclosed' fee that Nixon can claim is £1.5 million when it's really £300k.

Uwe Rosler working miracles at Fleetwood. Unlike Hill he's also got an ok record in the Championship with Wigan and Leeds, yet he was never mentioned for the Rovers job in the summer. Is that just because he didn't previously play for us?

I mention him on here

Part of me thinks that the wins vs Newcastle have done Coyle no favours in getting money from the owners. They will point out that the squad should be doing better on a more consistent basis, which i'd probably agree with.

Wonder whether Coyle will 'throw' the Blackpool game with a very weak team to make a point that transfers are needed?

So has he received permission from the owners to make his signings? Because if the answer to that is no then so are the chances of bringing anyone in before Tuesday, unless he's been told that Marshall's wage can be partially reinvested.

The Marshall deal was always going to go through at the 11th hour it's been planned that way for several reasons, you can write the script of what happens with transfers at Rovers now to the last detail. Just hope his medical isn't like the one he never had at Sheff Weds which has been going on for 3 years !!

Marshall going for £1.85m according to the agent's mouth piece.

Not a chance.

Telegraph reporter Sharpe now saying it's 'as you were' with regards to incoming transfers.

What does that even mean?

Why not just say that Venkys aren't allowing him to sign anyone?

Archived