BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

I'm holding out faint hope after his words that Senior is giving Coyle a bit of a get your act together and they are holding off signings to possibly change manager.

Faint faint hope but this club has needed someone with a bit of authority right in the middle and unconnected to any manager or their agencies to be able to hold them accountable on a daily basis. Get rid of this holiday camp and i'll sign my buddies or my buddies players mentalities.

Unfortunately senior isn't the one...why again did he get ousted at Sheff wed

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gossip I've heard is Coyle didn't see Senior's appointment coming at all and didn't like it one little bit. Think we will soon find out whether this is correct or not. Sadly, we all know from recent history that divisions in a football club simply tear it apart.

Only a problem if Senior doesn't have the authority to dispense with Coyle.

That is the crucial detail.

The gossip I've heard is Coyle didn't see Senior's appointment coming at all and didn't like it one little bit. Think we will soon find out whether this is correct or not. Sadly, we all know from recent history that divisions in a football club simply tear it apart.

You are spot on Mercerman., I am led to believe Coyle or Staff at Ewood didn't know this was happening. Clearly Pasha brought him in

Who has the most influence Coyle or senior with whoever it may matter.. Or is another power struggle on the cards

I see another power struggle and Didn't Coyle not speak to the owners but goes through Pasha and Senior now. so it would suggest Senior has more power and not the power to sack him

I'm holding out faint hope after his words that Senior is giving Coyle a bit of a get your act together and they are holding off signings to possibly change manager.

Faint faint hope but this club has needed someone with a bit of authority right in the middle and unconnected to any manager or their agencies to be able to hold them accountable on a daily basis. Get rid of this holiday camp and i'll sign my buddies or my buddies players mentalities.

I think Senior is looking for own players and possibly his own head coach/manager to work under him

Unfortunately senior isn't the one...why again did he get ousted at Sheff wed

nobody knows. But Glenn Roeder left about the same time and Adam Pearson leave aswell. Senior came in with Roeder when Pearson

You are spot on Mercerman., I am led to believe Coyle or Staff at Ewood didn't know this was happening. Clearly Pasha brought him in

I see another power struggle and Didn't Coyle not speak to the owners but goes through Pasha and Senior now. so it would suggest Senior has more power and not the power to sack him

I think Senior is looking for own players and possibly his own head coach/manager to work under him

nobody knows. But Glenn Roeder left about the same time and Adam Pearson leave aswell. Senior came in with Roeder when Pearson

He got pushed for not having the clubs interests at heart... What again does his wife do..

Like it or not Coyley will still take the money and turn up at Ewood and Brockhall masquerading as a 'manager'.

Best case scenario, Senior gets Coyle the boot. So what?

Even if they had another brain aneurysm and appointed a decent manager, we all know how that'd pan out.

Success and prosperity are anathema to Venkys FC.

How do you know all this nonsense?

He got pushed for not having the clubs interests at heart... What again does his wife do..

That doesn't necessarily mean his wife was involved, from his interview it sounds like Paul Senior has Paul Senior's interests at heart...

That Coyle was unaware of Senior being brought in, that Coyle is overlooked in decision making, that Senior can sack Coyle, that Senior wants his own head coach in and his own players.

Might be true but how do you know either way?

If Coyle wanted a director of football then he would appoint one in the summer wouldn't he?. Plus look at the Senior's interview and what he said in his interview about how he was appointed. Never mention Coyle wanted him appointed

never said Coyle was being overlooked in the decison making or that Coyle can be sack by Senior. I said "so it would suggest Senior has more power and not the power to sack him"

​I said I think Senior wants his own head coach and own players that was my opinion that why I said "I think" ​which is my opinion and based on when a director of football is appointed he tend to wants his own man in most cases.

Since Senior was first mentioned Coyle has heaped everything in his direction with his usual motorgob. 'I sat down with Paul (Senior) for a chat about xyz...' has been flowing from him thick and fast about just about everything bar the pies.

Buck passing / arse covering or is the whole thing another window dressing exercise designed to keep the heat off Coyle just as it was building up ?

Hmm...

• Backroom

League 2 might be more his level. Same could be said for most of our current team, too. Lowe is out of contract in the summer, isn't he? Maybe he'll reunite with Gaz to help spearhead Blackpool back to the big time.

God he was awful!

He'll score goals again in the lower leagues where it's generally a yard slower. Another fragile modern player made of glass though, it amazes me how some of these make it the professional game when physically they'd struggle in non league week in week out. I suppose he was quite sharp in his younger days though.

From Nixon

BLACKBURN will block Ben Marshall leaving until they get £2million.

The contract rebels old boss, Paul Lambert, has bid £1.3m to take him to Wolves.

But Rovers owners Venkys want more.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2673732/sunderland-want-arsenal-legend-patrick-vieira-to-take-over-from-david-moyes-if-scot-is-fired-or-quits/

No sense in any of that at all it's the usual Nixon garbage or they've set new depth in plot losing even by their standards.

In fact it's all probably just time wasting to leave his move as long as poss so they have an excuse not to spend it. They'll be taking whatever is on the table as the clock ticks down to the window if it isn't already sorted.

Archived